• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash is Rumored to Erase the SnyderVerse

ManaByte

In a recent Tweet, popular insider MyTimeToShineHello revealed The Flash will decanonize Zack Snyder's DC movies - including Man of Steel, Batman V Superman, and Justice League - by erasing them from the continuity.

The insider went on to claim both Ben Affleck's Batman and Henry Cavill's Superman are leaving the DCEU as Sasha Calle's Supergirl and Leslie Grace's Batgirl fill in their heroic roles.
MyTimeToShineHello's claims were corroborated by reputable source KC Walsh from The GWW, adding further credence to the report.

That MyTimeToShineHello person has been relatively reliable with their Marvel stuff, and people are corroborating this. It also explains why Michael Keaton, and not Affleck, is the Batman in the Batgirl movie.

DC is still stuck in the mess they created whilst Marvel is moving on to phase 4 of their movie universe. What a damn shame and a waste of time that was.

So now Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman and Justice League are no longer canon, but Aquaman, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman 1984, Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey and The Suicide Squad, which are all part of said same universe, are still canon?

Meanwhile Joker and The Batman are standalone movies, whilst Aquaman 2 and Shazam 2 are still technically connected to the Snyderverse and are still coming out?

Is anyone else as confused as I am?

FunkMiller

What an absolute shit show the DCEU has been from BvS onwards 😂😂

It was always bad, but now it’s like the old dog with mange that WB just can’t bring themselves to put down.

Thank fuck The Batman has nothing to do with this trash fire.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Erasing it seems like such a waste of effort. I'd just move on.

That said, I don't get as upset with WB/DC for not having their shared universe together, as a lot of other fans. I just appreciate the great films they put our every few years.

Joker was the most recent and I'm looking forward to The Batman and Black Adam. I'm not all that concerned with which universe is what and I'm fine with each director doing their own thing.

Marvel doing the shared universe is awesome. I don't need DC to do it too.

Ownage

Batfleck and the Snyder Justice League were great. Was glad to see an old Batman going out fucking chicks, spending money and beating people up.

I can't wait for this woke snowflake shit to thaw out. That bullshit needs to go and not come back.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I thought they were pushing ahead with a sequel to the Snyder Justice League?

Snyder has certainly been hinting that's the case on social media.

Ben Affleck's Batman and Henry Cavill's Superman are leaving the DCEU as Sasha Calle's Supergirl and Leslie Grace's Batgirl fill in their heroic roles

aJx1R1Nl_700w_0.jpg

ManaByte

This is the ending of the movie. Keaton is there along with Supergirl. No Affleck.

michael-keaton-filming-the-flash-1624270622.jpg

sasha-calle-filming-the-flash-1624270594.jpg

ac1pvzmo5g671.jpg

Last edited:

bitbydeath

They need to pause and find themselves a Kevin Feige, it can’t be that hard. Get people to submit a TV Show like bible, listing out a detailed plan of the upcoming movies and how they come together.

ManaByte

bitbydeath

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I imagine people liked WW84... because this is what we are getting. "Bouhouhou Snyder is too dark, lmao Martha hurhurhur" well, enjoy the new DCEU.
A 70 years old Batman, older than Gordon... No more Superman, Cyborg, or MM... Not even ONE movie for Batfleck.

No Way Abandon Thread GIF

FH8XzB6XsAklk0g

I hope they asked for JJ’s plan before hiring him.
Probably not, we are talking about WB.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It's really whatever at this point. I'm a Snyder fan but there's no real point in continuing his versions of the characters considering events that happened.

LordCBH

dr_octagon

Banned
JJ scriptwriting process:

The Flash has a secret but it involves going incredibly slowly instead of fast. This will make sense in the 4th movie. Flash was a member of the KKK in alternative universe and must stand trial at the Hague for breaching the Galactic Geneva conventions. There are a series of numbers which may or may not be important later.

There is a secret Alfred reveals to Bruce Wayne but this doesn't resolve itself until the 7th film. This is part of a prophecy which is referenced for 30 seconds in the first episode which explains everything. There is also a black fog over Gotham for reasons.

There are different versions of Superman who only a deaf man can see but needs to finds a scientist who understands. It is only in the 3rd film we discover the scientist is Lex Luthor who owns the largest company in the world called Rainforest. The Knights of Rain play an important part in the trilogy.

Add nice visuals, set pieces, lens flare and take the rest of the year off.

JJ directs Batman now? JJ directs Batman now! JJ directs Batman now.

Jennings

DC is still stuck in the mess they created whilst Marvel is moving on to phase 4 of their movie universe. What a damn shame and a waste of time that was.

So now Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman and Justice League are no longer canon, but Aquaman, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman 1984, Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey and The Suicide Squad, which are all part of said same universe, are still canon?

Meanwhile Joker and The Batman are standalone movies, whilst Aquaman 2 and Shazam 2 are still technically connected to the Snyderverse and are still coming out?

Is anyone else as confused as I am?
Welcome to comic books.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
A Justice League without Batman and Superman.

Dj Khaled Congratulations GIF

Like come the fuck on WB. The dceu needs a complete reboot. Hire someone to to lay out a plan like Feige does it, instead of these half assed correction attempts.

The problem is not even talent, it is patience and commitment. Disney and Marvel committed and were able to execute on a 15 years or so plan for the MCU. If things went down the crapper they may have shortened it, but approaching it that way actually helped it not to tank… and the rest is history.

I think with a clever mix of canon TV shows on Disney+ giving them their own comics like series and big theatrical productions Disney is actually setting up an interesting phase 4 and phase 5+: again giving themselves times to build characters up, see what works and what does not, and experiment with tech and ideas too. WB and DC? Rebooting again…

Soltype

2 years ago I wouldn't have cared, but after seeing the Snyder Cut I have some interest in what he could have done.His JL movie could have been on the right track with the right editors.I don't mind his singular vision, but it needed some filtering. It's the most I've enjoyed a comic book movie in a long time, even if it wasn't the best film it could be.

Star-Lord

JL Snyder Cut and Man of Steel are top tier DCEU movies. Doesn't make much sense, so WB will probably do it.
Snyder’s Justice League I can agree with, but MoS top tier? It went on for too long with not much happening. It was okay, but nowhere near as good as you’re implying.

MastaKiiLA

A Justice League without Batman and Superman.

Dj Khaled Congratulations GIF

Like come the fuck on WB. The dceu needs a complete reboot. Hire someone to to lay out a plan like Feige does it, instead of these half assed correction attempts.
They did have someone lay out a plan, but then they got cold feet 2 films in and proceeded to sabotage the works. The Snyderverse was tonally distinct from the MCU, and I liked that. Now it seems they're going to just try being discount-Marvel with a Batman-related banger every few years.

FunkMiller

The hilarious thing about all this is that The Batman is likely to come out and make a billion… rendering this fucking awful dead end of a cinematic universe even more pointless. Justice League with no Batman and Superman? 😂😂😂🤡🤡🤡

Somebody needs to sweep in and buy DC out from under the absolute fucking clowns at Warner Bros.

Last edited:
Top Bottom