• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The First FIFA

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Sean Flanagan Money GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Urban

My first one was that one on the PlayStation 1 where if you Foul someone or scored a goal a cartoon would play. If I remember correctly it even had a first person mode haha!

On SNES I would always play ISS deluxe

Reactions: TLZ

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I had the SNES version. It was cool and I spent an obscene amount of time on it, but it was a poor game and even at a cursory glance it was inferior to the MD version (fuck you, EA). The very idea of having an option to make a match actually last 90 minutes IRL was hilarious. I actually did it once, against the CPU. I don’t think I finished the match.

Truth be told, FIFA 96 wasn’t much better, at least on SNES. ISS Deluxe was a much better game, even if neither was a great footy game. And FIFA 97 on the PlayStation was a disaster. But we still had great fun with these games and spent ages playing them. I think FIFA became a legit good game starting with 98, but by that time my interest in soccer games had dwindled, never to return.

Top Bottom