• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE FINALS gameplay has leaked online

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
ZS2lcpJ.jpg

Last edited:

manfestival

I hate that youtube "so funny" editing that this guy did in his video. The gameplay looks kinda standard. not as insane as the trailer made it seem to be. I am sure there are those moments that occur here and there. especially when explosives really become involved.

1. c'mon, at least destroy one wall so I can see the destruction
2. too many bullets for one kill
3. yeah, that guy and his "funny" editing is not fun

The destruction is rad, not super easy either. Took me 2 grenades to make a big enough hole to run thru, but there were def some chaos moments where my team demolished the entire side of a building that a team was hiding in and shooting us from the windows.

And I feel the bullets to kill is fine, I enjoy having time to react and use tools like the god gun or throwing canisters, plus its not even that long its just not like most military shooters where you die the instant youre seen.

Bartski

Gold Member
dude packs so much cringe makes it impossible to watch without muting the audio. But then it looks 480p or bad twitch capture, not sure if all links are like this? Not much to see here yet

Needlecrash

BULLET SPONGES R US. Looks nice tho. Also, the dude playing it reminds me of Pewdiepie in not a good way. Annoying muhfucka.

EDMIX

Wow you need a lot of bullet to kill an enemy.

Agreed.

So my first impression here is its very bullet spongy.

Second, its clear many things remain on screen so this whole thing about leveling the whole map sounds like marketing BS as the comments made DICE about not allowing that in Bad Company had to do with design, it sounds like this team having some of those members agrees with that too as many elements remain on the map no different then those massive blocks in Bad Company 1,2 (really any BF title tbh) so anyone going into this thinking all things can be destroyed, I'd tame that expectation as I had a feeling that was more of a marketing, PR type thing to say.

3rd, it looks like its more closer to TF2 or Overwatch conceptually.

I can't give much views on how it looks as it is a beta and that video was pretty blurry lol I'll download it day 1, how long it will stay on my PS5 depends on the quality of that design.

We'll see.

GHound GHound It was the bullet sponge wasn't it? lol That is the first thing that I saw that was off putting, but I'll give it a chance, but if I stop playing it, thats likely the reason. So not a pass 100%, but I'm more on the fence based on that element.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

What an idiot YouTuber. The fact that he just thought it'd be fine to record a video, edit it, and upload it without even thinking about the whole NDA thing, lmao. God it was hard to even watch, had to turn it down. Definitely looks nice, but definitely doesn't look too exciting.... unfortunately.

Pakoe

Hooooly shit, the commentator is such a fucking annoying cunt. Typical youtube trash, jesus fuck I have to watch it muted.

TTK looks quite long and I expected more destruction. Maybe it's the players but it looks like a generic f2p shooter.

Last edited:

Ribi

Hooooly shit, the commentator is such a fucking annoying cunt. Typical youtube trash, jesus fuck I have to watch it muted.

TTK looks quite long and I expected more destruction. Maybe it's the players but it looks like a generic f2p shooter.
I played it. You can take down the entirety of a building and even get stuck under it. Managed to get out by spamming my goo gun to lift up the rubble. Ttk depends on if you're shooting 1/3 classes. Tank, medium, small. Small dies really fast but is a quick mf. Tank I put a whole clip into with the ak and didn't die

Overall it's very fun

Oh and your equipment regenerates over time so you can spam rockets to make holes everywhere

Last edited:

Banned
those round expanding and contracting reticles remind me of another game, but I can't quite put my finger on which game it is

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
Battlefield + COD mashed together and then reworked to appeal to the Fortnite Kiddie target audience.

Absolutely yuck.

Banned
Not sure if sarcasm but Bad company, considering this is dice developers

Bad Company had similar ones yes but I'm thinking of a different game that had almost identical ones to those in the video... I can't fucking remember which game it was tho 😩 it's bugging me

edit: I remembered! it was Brink!

Brink had contracting and expanding round reticles on every weapon just like this game

the ones in bad company are very similar at first glance but in that game the reticle only expands and contracts while hipfireing,
in this game and in Brink the reticle is constantly changing size depending on your movement

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Bad Company had similar ones yes but I'm thinking of a different game that had almost identical ones to those in the video... I can't fucking remember which game it was tho 😩 it's bugging me

edit: I remembered! it was Brink!

Brink had contracting and expanding round reticles on every weapon just like this game

the ones in bad company are very similar at first glance but in that game the reticle only expands and contracts while hipfireing,
in this game and in Brink the reticle is constantly changing size depending on your movement

Where destruction?

Fbh

Unless there's another video I'm missing I don't know how some of you guys are forming an opinion about this game based on some low quality video edited for people with extreme ADHD, made by and annoying youtuber, who is just showing some random clips while trying to be funny.

I'm pretty sure if you made this guy play your favorite multipleyer game and edit it in the same way it would seems like trash too.

DonF

Lmao this guy made a fully produced video to break the NDA.

Don't forget to drop a like and subscribe broooo.

Absolute fucking meathead.
I'm guessing he made a mistake with an embargo date, not like he made a fully produced video that was never supposed to be published.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I liked this game, it looks like a Bf spinoff, which is cool. I don't understand the negative comments in here. They should add more gameplay modes though. I don't like long ttk that much. Squad conquest mode would be nice.

Top Bottom