• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Expanse - Season 5 - Now Streaming (Amazon Prime)

Hell yeah!

I can't wait to get into this.. Loved seasons 1-3, 4 was good, but slower.

First 3 episodes of Season 5 are live now, then an episode a week for a while I think.

giphy.gif

Airing schedule below, thanks Cosmic Smash Cosmic Smash !

Last edited:
The impact into venus was a real highlight for me
Eager to see where they go with this

Are they going to kill off the metoo'd martian guy?

Did anything come of that? I heard they were "looking into it" but never saw if he was convicted of anything outside the court of public opinion on REEE.

Started the first season - couldn’t get into it.

The first season is slow, but power through it, season 2 & 3 are amazing. Season 1 sets up the universe ground rules really.

No clue how this is going to go, but I'm excited to dive into the first 3 episodes tonight.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
God damn, I honestly didn't even know this got greenlit!

I'm going to have to marathon the entire show again. One of the best sci-fi shows in years.

Is a season 6 hinted at yet, or is this supposed to be a conclusion?

jason10mm

Gold Member
I could see finishing up after season 6. Then they don't have to deal with the time jump and the new trilogy (which I have not finished yet so can't say if it sticks the landing).

Best case they take a few years off and then do a few movies or something with a mostly new cast.

Great three episode start, glad they released them at the same time, as I don't think 1 of them would have been enough for me.

I'm sad we're only getting 10 episodes though!

I forgot how much I like this show, maybe I need to do a full rewatch.

Fuck, I totally missed that this was out. The show doesn't get enough love here, gonna watch the first ep as soon as I get home.

It's a great show, probably my favorite 'space' show. I did think Season 4 was too slow, but from what everyone says, this season and next are supposed to be off-the-charts, so I'm excited. I did like the character & world building/etc in Season 4.

Shouta

I was pretty happy with Season 4 despite it being kind of slow. I'm glad we're back to the Solar System though since it's a good time to explore what's going on with the post-discovery situation and have the characters deal with their pasts.

eot

Banned
I'm caught up now, I know they're very different, but man I enjoy this show waaay more than the Mandalorian and this season is shaping up to be the best so far. I feel like both ep.3 and ep.4 could've been season finales.

Lister

Banned
This is the best television anyones put out in a loooong time.

This season has been amazing, this last episode shook me guys, fuck this is awesome.

Anyone that felt season 4 was slow is in for a ride. And if you gave up on season one, ride It out, its slow, but it just keeps on getting better.

Grinchy

Banned
I still haven't watched season 4. I tried making it all the way through the first episode and just barely could.

I enjoyed the first season quite a bit, so I don't think it's a "too boring" problem, but there's just something else that's off about it for me. It just feels like a show that didn't start overly strong and has been in a decline anyway.

eot

Banned
I still haven't watched season 4. I tried making it all the way through the first episode and just barely could.

I enjoyed the first season quite a bit, so I don't think it's a "too boring" problem, but there's just something else that's off about it for me. It just feels like a show that didn't start overly strong and has been in a decline anyway.
Dude, power through, season 5 is on fire. I agree S4 is a bit slow (though I liked it), but the stuff that takes place in our solar system is pretty important for this new season.

Last edited:
Holy shit! This weeks episode was insane!!

WOW!

And we have 6 more episodes left! I can't wait to see where this goes.. Might get me to actually finish the books... !

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
What's up with Amazon's marketing? In the lead-up to season 4 I had this plastered all over my Amazon front pages. I expected the same this season, but I actually had to manually search for it.

CloudNull

Banned
Holy shit what an episode. Looking like season 5 will be the best yet. I don’t get how anyone can say this is not a top caliber show. So excited for next week.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm curious if they will bring forward all the alien stuff from arc 3 (books 7-9) or just stick to the low alien arc 2 (after the planet anyway) in books 5-6 as written. I'm sad the show won't get the full run but I'm curious if there are some big protomolecule things ty and Frank want to do within the inaros storyline.

Top Bottom