• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within - quite possible the best single level in horror gaming / or how to build anxiety

I loved both games, and yeah the first was way better. And I agree with OP the intro to the first one man..I've got so many people hooked on the game by telling them 'Just try the first 30 minutes of Evil Within 1" lol

stn

I really like TEW1, it was very solid. I would have liked it more if the stealth was better and if they kept the story a bit simpler (I won't say why for those who still have yet to play the game). Still, a good game overall. At some point I'm planning to complete all the achievements for both 1 and 2.

I stopped playing halfway through the first one because controls were tedious: The character was a tank on legs, basically. The game was creepy, I will give it that, but the plot and the bestiary were all over the place. Mikami just poured every cliche in there, to the point that it felt to me as if I was playing a mishmash of different horror titles. The second game is apparently better, but I have not tried it yet.

matty3092

Always Nice to see TEW get some love. One of my favourite games of last gen. Enjoyed it that much that I got all the achievements in the xbox 360 and xbox one version lol

Top Bottom