• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within and More Bethesda Games Coming To Game Pass

Just set up 10 of these to download on my Series X. The other 10 were either already on Game pass or I owned them. Funny that quite a few of the ones still missing are games that were previously on Game Pass and left like Doom 2016, Wolf 2, Fallout 3, etc. You'd think games that were previously on there would be the easiest to put back on there.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I'm looking at my GP subscription and it's the vanilla 360 versions with no DLC? Really?

Imagine getting hyped about Vanilla Oblivion, Fallout 4, Morrowind and New Vegas on a subscription service in 2021.

You really need to check this site for deals, some of them are literally worth 2$ with all DLCs included. Much better deal.

Mister Wolf

Of these I've never played Dishonored 1, Old School Dooms, Fallout New Vegas wolfenstein new blood, The Evil Within and Rage 2.

Man where to start. Think I work present day backwards, so Rage 2? Either that or Fallout New Vegas.

Play The Evil Within.

I'm looking at my GP subscription and it's the vanilla 360 versions with no DLC? Really?

Imagine getting hyped about Vanilla Oblivion, Fallout 4, Morrowind and New Vegas on a subscription service in 2021.

You really need to check this site for deals, some of them are literally worth 2$ with all DLCs included. Much better deal.

What did you expect. Game Pass never gives you the DLC. I think Gears 5 is about the only exception there.

Banned
Of these I've never played Dishonored 1, Old School Dooms, Fallout New Vegas wolfenstein new blood, The Evil Within and Rage 2.

Man where to start. Think I work present day backwards, so Rage 2? Either that or Fallout New Vegas.

Rage 2 has really great gunplay, but it is an open world game with all the things that come with that. as soon as you are inside a mission area it's super fun. outside of that it is a bit boring.

old school Doom is of course a classic. fast paced run and gun action

The Evil Within 1 is basically the sequel to Resident Evil 4. you can tell Mikami was involved. it has a few cool gameplay elements like the burning of enemies, which at first just seems like a way to make sure enemies are dead, but when used strategically it will become an essential way to fight multiple enemies at once. STAY THE FUCK AWAY from the second one tho. they took out literally every interesting game mechanic and ontop of that completely fucked up the controls (Mikami was not working on that one, which is very clear from the very start... generic doesn't even come close to describing it)

Dishonored is an amazing stealth game, although the console versions are a bit hampered by the framerate.

Fallout New Vegas is the only decent modern Fallout, but buggy as hell because they were forced to use Bethesdas shitty engine

MDSLKTR

CNsO3H7.jpg
It's beautiful

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
That is incredible value if you haven't played those games.

Hell, I'd love to replay some of those. Especially New Vegas.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
What did you expect. Game Pass never gives you the DLC. I think Gears 5 is about the only exception there.
Then these old vanilla versions are worthless. Don't waste your time playing uprezzed ports when you can own the complete edition for the price of a cup of coffee.

Just last month the ultimate GOTY with all DLCs of Oblivion, New Vegas and Morrowind were less than 5$ on multiple stores and that's not even the historical low!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont track how many Gamepass games include DLC or are deluxe editions, but make sense it's the base version. They want you to pay for DLC, or have the itch to buy the deluxe edition when it comes off GP.

When people watch Netflix movies, do you always get all the extra commentary tracks, deleted scenes and alternate endings? Not really.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hope more people give Prey a chance. Great game.

Then these old vanilla versions are worthless. Don't waste your time playing uprezzed ports when you can own the complete edition for the price of a cup of coffee.

Just last month the ultimate GOTY with all DLCs of Oblivion, New Vegas and Morrowind were less than 5$ on multiple stores and that's not even the historical low!
Oh I fully agree. When it comes to those particular titles you're better off going out and buying a GOTY edition over playing the game through Game Pass and buying the DLC.

bender

What time is it?
Also, Morrowind should be the GOTY Edition so it should include all the DLC. Morrowind on OG Xbox also had an uncapped framerate so it should run 4k@60FPS (or near) now. DF looked at it via BC on the One X:

The major drawback to this version, and I'm not sure it was ever corrected in the GOTY version, is that it suffered from a pretty nasty bug that caused NPC's to drift. The longer you played, the more they drifted and they could clip into the environment causing you not to be able to interact with them (break quests, shopkeepers, trainers, etc.).

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Hopefully people who missed out on Dishonored 2 will try it now. I love that game.

Nice opening selection, more on the way.
What’s criminal about DH2 is the horrendous controller latency coming off the back of DH1 which I couldn’t put down. Recently found out there’s a buried option that vastly reduces this latency. It’s not perfect, but wayyyyyyy better than the preset option.
I can’t remember what it’s called folks, but a quick google will inform those who would like to know. I’m talking about console btw.

Dr.Morris79

The major drawback to this version, and I'm not sure it was ever corrected in the GOTY version, is that it suffered from a pretty nasty bug that caused NPC's to drift. The longer you played, the more they drifted and they could clip into the environment causing you not to be able to interact with them (break quests, shopkeepers, trainers, etc.).
GVSCm9L.gif

Why god, why?? I was going to get stuck into this!

Bloody typical.

Dr.Morris79

It's an issue on PC too but can be solved with console commands.
Aye, the pc version was workable I remember, it was the version I played the most on, but now having this on the Xbox I thought i'd revisit for old times sake

Should of known better! I'll still give it a whirl, I just hate that looming feeling. A bit like Fallout 3 on the PC, you knew it'd bum out at some point later ingame, it was just a case of when.

Hated it.

bender

What time is it?
Aye, the pc version was workable I remember, it was the version I played the most on, but now having this on the Xbox I thought i'd revisit for old times sake

Should of known better! I'll still give it a whirl, I just hate that looming feeling. A bit like Fallout 3 on the PC, you knew it'd bum out at some point later ingame, it was just a case of when.

Hated it.

I put tons of hours into the Xbox version back in the day (after putting 100s of hours into the PC version) and I never had it kill the experience. NPCs will probably just be a few feet (or dozen feet) away from where you expect them. The early combat is so rough in the game that you'll probably fall off of it pretty fast anyway. :p

LMJ

That's only the case with 120fps modes that are currently skipped. It's on Sony to update the current SDK for this types of enchancements. Other enchancements can be done. Aren't these games like Rocket league, Overwatch and Warzone still running in BC on the XSX? The are also not fully next-gen version.

Again, yes the XseX IS running BC with those games, but due to the genius engineering (only thing you can call it) their BC solution is very easy to update with next gen features...a patch lol

Most patches you're seeing thus far are just Pro versions (Hell half the time they even have the same resolution) as doing it otherwise (currently) requires a full re-release, an actual new code, not just a patch...

The PSV is currently running nearly every BC game in PRO mode...think about it, do you really think the V is struggling to run these BC games at 4K when the X (not the XseX) ran Red Dead Redemption 2 at native4K? Arguably one of the prettiest and most demanding games handles it with a Jaguar CPU and 6TF, but a Ryzen and 10+ is struggling?...

No, neither system is even close to being taken full advantage of yet with the minor exception of Demons Souls and the Medium...and that's REALLY early stuff, we're going to see stuff that dwarfs those games easily as more optimization and tricks are learned, and we haven't even covered new engines yet...

GymWolf

I’ve really tried to get into both, they are my type of game too. Is there a point when it clicks? Also The Evil Within 2 :(
Don't know what to say, i liked both from the beginning, probably because i also love the art design.
I guess that if you are not engaged by the 4th area in the second game (the mechanic villa) then maybe the game is never gonna click with you.

Dr.Morris79

The early combat is so rough in the game that you'll probably fall off of it pretty fast anyway. :p
Sir, you would be dumbfounded at the levels I could push myself past in the crappy starts to games!

And c'mon. It's Morrowind! The best part is starting out punching crabs! :O

Gamepass is a "pay and forget" service for me. I know that if a new game comes out, I can play it. And it's a good way to double-dip without actually paying the games twice.

Even if I play on pc and I prefer to buy the games I like, I still have a GP subscription. With the initial offer it was too good to pass. I regret having bought only a year and a half, to be honest.

And lol at the people comparing it to a shitty streaming service.

MMaRsu

Banned
TEW on PC oh fuck yeh I’ll be grabbing that. Game pass proving to be of value 🤘

Let’s face it Doom Eternal IS the better game, it’s my personal favourite single player FPS.

DOOM 2016 was my fav shooter in years

The beginning few levels of DOOM Eternal soured me so much on the game.

Not only is the DOOM Slayer a weak bastard in this game, the constant interruptions/tutorials and shit really annoyed me too. Never felt to flow as it should

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
DOOM 2016 was my fav shooter in years

The beginning few levels of DOOM Eternal soured me so much on the game.

Not only is the DOOM Slayer a weak bastard in this game, the constant interruptions/tutorials and shit really annoyed me too. Never felt to flow as it should

Give it a bit longer if you haven't already, I was really put off by the first few levels, but after that it "clicked", I got a few more weapons to switch between and blasted through the rest of the thing in a few nights, top 3 2020 for me

highrider

Banned
Game pass is great, I’ve played Prey, I’ll give Dishonored a try but I’m currently kind of enjoying Valhalla it’s such a chill game.

Vlodril

I am guessing the VR version of fallout and skyrim are not included in this right? (bethesda charging 40 for the vr version is bullshit so i expect that to continue).

GhostOfTsu

Banned
TEW on PC oh fuck yeh I’ll be grabbing that. Game pass proving to be of value 🤘
It's 4$ for a Steam version and the DLC is even less. It's not historical low, it's even cheaper usually. You guys don't know the price of games or what?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Fallout 3 and Doom 2016 were on GP in the past. Maybe theyll bring them back.

As for people sour GP is getting a slew of Bethesda games..... lol. Who cares if it's bargain bin on PC.

"Great news. A couple movies are going to join Netflix tomorrow. I'll watch them on the weekend"

"But it's on Amazon for $10"

lol. That sure makes sense.

Top Bottom