• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within and More Bethesda Games Coming To Game Pass

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I have never played Skyrim. Maybe it's time.
Great game. Make sure to look into the mods that are also available on console. There's numerous mods like patch fixes, starting location/story randomizer (I did and I started out in a port in the upper left city), improved maps, etc..... I think theres some cheat ones like unlimited stamina/sprint which makes live easier.

Sometimes these mods bork so you got to delete them. Some just dont weork with others and might freeze your game. You also got to try to put them in the right sequence which the mod description usually tells you (beginning, middle, end, anywhere).

If you use a mod, Xbox Achievement Pts are disabled in case you care about getting these.

Google Best Xbox Skyrim Mods

Last edited:

saintjules

nEPPg8B.jpg

A handful of these games will also benefit from FPS Boost on Xbox Series X|S, and we’ll have more to share on that soon.

Last edited:

saintjules

Xbox gamers should be excited, Evil Within is considered a winner in horror circles (legitimate plot, feisty enemies etc.) and it only takes 12 hours to complete.

I think I'm going to give it a go. I played it on PS, but never finished. Might as well start fresh considering I got the 2nd one on a sale (haven't played yet).

I think I'm going to give it a go. I played it on PS, but never finished. Might as well start fresh considering I got the 2nd one on a sale (haven't played yet).
Just booted the game a moment ago, it has to be patched , unplayable at all compares to other 60+ fps games on series x , even some 30 fps titles runs way smoother than the evil within.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

mods on the console???
I always thought that's PC only. Thanks, I'll look it up.
I've seen some crazy gfx upgrades for it so I'm guessing there is a limit
Fallout 4 and Skyim mods have been available on Xbox One since the beginning (or pretty close to it).

Not sure which Xbox you have, but on my One X it runs at 4k/30.

I don't know if Skyrim has this console mod, but Fallout 4 did when I played it. 720p/60 fps mod. If you got a weaker Xbox system and want to aim for speed, search if Skyrim has it.

Fallout 4 and Skyim mods have been available on Xbox One since the beginning (or pretty close to it).

I don't know if Skyrim has this console mod, but Fallout 4 did when I played it. 720p/60 fps mod. If you got a weaker Xbox system and want to aim for speed, search if Skyrim has it.

Actually Skyrim has a 60fps mod that keeps the 4k, granted the framerate isn’t as stable as it could be (even on SX) and you might as well not use it at all if you’re going all out on visual mods.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member

Series X. OK, downloading!

jaysius

Banned
So? It's still 12 new ones and some that were gone, not sure how you can spin this negatively unless you are really trying.....
I love gamepass, I haven't bought a game in ages thanks to it, but they've been giving us shit for at least a month, counting CLOUD games as GAMES and then old shit that you wouldn't buy on sale for $1.

This is OK but it doesn't make up for the shit of the past few drops.

The service is GAMES these aren't "free".

When you say ONE critical thing on here:

stand disagree GIF

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Series X. OK, downloading!
Great game.

One last tip I'll give you is another quality of life thing.

I always pick Argonian race (lizardman) because I think it's the only one where you can swim infinitely without worrying about taking damage or oxygen. I don't want to worry about crossing lakes and rivers.

Read up on races for more info about them. They each have some perks.

Have fun.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I already own everything on Steam, but great news! Game Pass continues to get better.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots

nEPPg8B.jpg

Ohh, the frame boost could be nice

Phase

Yet again I've played all of those so they're still not selling me on gamepass, but it's honestly pretty cool for the folks who now have access to these games and have never tried them. For a certain segment of gamers gamepass is clearly a good investment.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Hopefully Evil Within 2 and Dishonored Death of the Outsider will be added in the near future, they're both very good games.

Rippa

Cool for those who haven’t played any of those 20.

19/20 games are First Person. 🙄 (I don’t want to hear the “you can 3rd person in TES and Fallouts” because we all know their 3rd person is half assed with wacky animations. Therefore First person is the proper and intended way to play those games.)

Only proper 3rd person is The Evil Within. Totally awesome.

Everything else is meh. All in my opinion of course.🤘🏼

Caio

I will download Doom, Doom II, Doom 64 and The Evil Within. Why no The Evil Within 2 ? Am I asking for too much ?
By the way, I'm happy with the list.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Of these I've never played Dishonored 1, Old School Dooms, Fallout New Vegas wolfenstein new blood, The Evil Within and Rage 2.

Man where to start. Think I work present day backwards, so Rage 2? Either that or Fallout New Vegas.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Of these I've never played Dishonored 1, Old School Dooms, Fallout New Vegas wolfenstein new blood, The Evil Within and Rage 2.

Man where to start. Think I work present day backwards, so Rage 2? Either that or Fallout New Vegas.
You never played New Vegas? I would go for it first, especially since it has dated visuals and Bethesda™ gameplay. But it's one of the best games which ever saw the face of this earth.

Last edited:
That is insane. I was certain they were going to add them in smaller batches over time. Though, I suppose there are still a few that are not in the list (give Evil Within 2 pls).

Alebrije

Does New Vegas has enhanced patch??? Fallout 3 had but never saw the New Vegas one..

Does Fallout 3 is already on Gamepass...? Its extrange do not see it on the list.

Play Prey....great game.....

Avoid Rage2...crap.Doom.clone

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I should try The Evil Within again. I just remember that game looking and playing extremely rough and I put it down fairly quickly. But maybe I was too harsh on it at the time.

reinking

Gold Member
I am excited about new titles coming to Game Pass. I mean, it is hard to complain about that but looking over that list I am not sure I want to return to any of those games. I might get the itch one day though so it is a nice option to have. I am looking forward to the future titles hitting GP.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I should try The Evil Within again. I just remember that game looking and playing extremely rough and I put it down fairly quickly. But maybe I was too harsh on it at the time.
Its a game of its time. Its desgined to be kinda rough and gritty. I think BC will iron out the Frame Rate issues though. It was pretty terrible.

pasterpl

That is insane. I was certain they were going to add them in smaller batches over time. Though, I suppose there are still a few that are not in the list (give Evil Within 2 pls).
I think that ew2 is on psnow, so it will be probably added when the contract term with Sony finishes

im impressed. If they want to exceed this tho, make Skyrim and Dishonored BC. Bethesda never allowed this likely because they wanted to buy the remaster and not play the 360 version

Top Bottom