• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Epic Games Store Holiday Sale is back on December 17

Gamezone

Gold Member
We’re getting ready for the season of giving with our most festive sale of the year!

The Epic Games Store Holiday Sale begins on December 17, and we’ve got some goodies in store for you. Unwrap deals up to 75% off, but that’s not all....

Also starting December 17, we’ll be giving away a new game each day for two weeks straight - that’s right, it’s 15 Days of Free Games! Each game will be free to claim for just 24 hours, but they’re yours to keep forever.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I can't wait to see what the 15 different games are, how fun. Also I can't wait to continue my years-long streak of not buying anything on the Epic Games Store but still having a respectable library of stuff to play there.

Fbh

Nice, won't say no to some free games and if they bring back the extra $10 off coupon I'll probably even buy something.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

FrozenFlame

inb4 the choices are as bad as Humble's subscription service.
Considering that Humble Choice is a paid service and Epic will give (FREE) 15 games, I don't think it deserves a comparison. Besides, last year it was:

• December 19 – Into the Breach
  • December 20 – Towerfall Ascension
  • December 21 – Superhot
  • December 22 – Little Inferno
  • December 23 – Ape Out
  • December 24 – Celeste
  • December 25 – Totally Accurate Battle Simulator (TABS)
  • December 26 – Faster Than Light
  • December 27 – Hyper Light Drifter
  • December 28 – Shadow Tactics
  • December 29 – The Talos Principle
  • December 30 – Hello Neighbor

T-Cake

For those of us who were there from the beginning, I'm pretty much expecting only a 50% success rate, i.e. half the titles they give away will be ones that were already free previous weeks.

BigBooper

Ubisoft is giving away something every day too. I don't remember exactly what they were so far because I was uninterested in them. One was a game and the other was dlc.

regawdless

Banned
Got Disco Elysium, for that price it's a no brainier.
Also bought Mafia 3, I'm in for some crime shit.
That 10bucks off is great. Was also thinking about Phoenix Point, but I have such a huge backlog that I just won't come to play it for at least one year.

Nice, won't say no to some free games and if they bring back the extra $10 off coupon I'll probably even buy something.

I was thinking the same thing but it's hard for a cheap ass gamer (TM) with a mountainous multi system/generation backlog to find anything good in the already on sale list to use even one $10 coupon on. I suspect it's 50/50 as to whether I'll buy anything or just collect more free shit on Epic. I think I've got a library of like 25-30 games on there and have only actually purchased one. Lol

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Got Immortals Fenyx Rising for around 17USD. Awesome!
Next thinking of using new coupon on Cyberpunk. Will get it for close to $30. Thanks regional pricing!

Srezic

Neo Member
Anyone know if any thread (gaf or not) is tracking the guesses for each mystery game?

Each day's Mystery Game image shows a hint in it. City skylines was a bunch of skyscrapers together. Today's is a buzz saw (Probably Super Meat Boy), and Tomorrow's will be another hint image.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
How the? That's awesome!

Regional pricing. PC games are usually 2999INR (40USD) here (GOG hard copy of Cyberpunk was only 2499INR even. Shouldve bought it then. It came with a T-shirt and map too.). There was a 33% off on Fenyx rising, then another 750INR coupon from Epic. So final was ~1200INR (17USD).

I really like this 15 free game giveaway promotion. Cities Skylines and Abe's Odyssee are pretty solid games. Off to a good start and I imagine they'll get better near the end.

Remnant From Ashes is $9.99 with the coupon. Been wanting to check it out for a while. There are minibosses in the sewer of the second area that I'm pretty convinced I'll never beat, so that's a bummer. Game seems fun otherwise.

Top Bottom