• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind |OT| Why walk when you can ride?

dubq

A9kNUed.png

SAVE MORROWIND
Return to the iconic island of Vvardenfell for over 30 hours of adventure in a brand new location, with a new class, a new PvP mode, a new Trial, and so much more. The fate of Morrowind hangs in the balance and you must take up the mantle of a hero to help Vivec, the legendary warrior-poet and Guardian of Vvardenfell, save the world from a deadly Daedric threat. Set roughly 700 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, ESO's new Chapter takes you to familiar locations as you attempt to solve the mystery of Vivec's mysterious illness and restore his strength. Travel from the volcanic Ashlands to the mushroom-filled forests, and walk the streets of Vivec City, still under construction at this point in time.

BECOME THE WARDEN
Revealing themselves to the world for the first time, the Wardens possess a wide assortment of abilities to help defend the wilds and people of Tamriel. With a versatility not previously found in The Elder Scrolls Online, the type of Warden you can become is completely up to you and your playstyle. Summon the fearsome war bear, encase yourself in rock-solid ice, or conjure healing plants from the soil. When you create a Warden character, the possibilities are endless.

PARTNER WITH AN ASSASSIN
In Morrowind, nothing is as it seems, and this is especially true in the cutthroat world of Dunmer politics. As you explore Vvardenfell in The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind, you'll have plenty of opportunities to work with and against the three Great Houses currently in control: House Hlaalu, House Redoran, and House Telvanni. It'll be treacherous work, but don't be daunted: should their schemes cross the bounds of propriety, there's always the threat of the Morag Tong to keep them in line! So watch your back and keep one eye open, because you never know who is truly a friend or foe when meddling in the politics of Morrowind.

FIGHT TOGETHER IN PVP BATTLEGROUNDS
Battlegrounds are designed to be short, bloody affairs between three teams of four players (4v4v4). Unlike PvP in Cyrodiil, teams in Battlegrounds are not bound by Alliance, but are made up of players from any of the three factions. In Battlegrounds, you're not fighting for Queen Ayrenn, High King Emeric, or Jorunn the Skald-King, but for the Pit Daemons (Green), Fire Drakes (Orange), or Storm Lords (Purple). The glory and spoils are yours for the taking!

OFFICIAL TESO RESOURCES
• Vvardenfell Basics Guide
• Vvardenfell Flora & Fauna
• Morrowind Adventure Guide
• Morag Tong assassin Naryu Virian's series of guides on surviving Morrowind
• Influential Factions of Morrowind
• New Trial: The Halls of Fabrication
• All About the Wardens
• PVP Battlegrounds: PAX Highlights | Battlegrounds Basics | Ald Carac | Foyada Quarry

Got the itch to hope back in (haven't really played since PC launch).

Just started a new toon on PS4 NA and things have been great. A LOT has changed. Loving most of the changes.

Game looks great on PS4 Pro, too.

EDIT: Great OT!

Bizzquik

Really nice work, dubq.

The game has been out in Early Access on PC since May 22nd, and the reactions so far seem very positive. (Numerous comments about the nostalgic music, in particular.)

Can't wait to get there on my Xbox One a week from today!

I was a bit disappointed with how much was unexplorable at least in the closed beta. Tons of ruins, lot of houses in towns are just blocked off. Vivec feels tiny and has no sewers to explore, Balmoral has no cornerclub. I don't know. Lot of little things missing that left the world a bit boring.

Sotha_Sil

Why walk when you can ride?

I like it.

Haven't looked much in TESO's direction so far, but I'm not sure if I can resist going back to Sadrith Mora and Gnisis. I'm curious to see how well I can navigate Vvardenfell on memory.

Kemal86

Game looks great on PS4 Pro, too.

Sometimes I wonder if something is wrong with my PS4 Pro. It looks like poop from a butt for me in 1080P "Enhanced" mode. The aliasing, the textures, the shadows, the lighting...it's all bad. I see these trailers, and even taking into account that the trailers are likely made on a high-end PC, it really feels like I'm playing a totally different game.

Sometimes I wonder if something is wrong with my PS4 Pro. It looks like poop from a butt for me in 1080P "Enhanced" mode. The aliasing, the textures, the shadows, the lighting...it's all bad. I see these trailers, and even taking into account that the trailers are likely made on a high-end PC, it really feels like I'm playing a totally different game.

1080P E looks okay, but I do prefer 4k. I also think the HDR is pretty solid. There's definitely a bit more of aliasing with 1080P E that is noticeable on my 4k set. With 4k, I notice almost no jaggies (probably because of the res bump)

Kemal86

1080P E looks okay, but I do prefer 4k. I also think the HDR is pretty solid. There's definitely a bit more of aliasing with 1080P E that is noticeable on my 4k set. With 4k, I notice almost no jaggies (probably because of the res bump)

Good to know. Will most likely make the jump to a 4k TV this fall.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Heh. This weekend, I started up TESO on PS4 for the first time. Sort of. Played for a few hours when it first hit consoles, but it didn't stick. I'm digging the One Tamriel changes, and am enjoying my time as a Daggerfall Covenant High Elf Templar mage, however. And maybe time has smoothed the rough edges, but it seems to look/run much better on my PS4 Pro than it didn't back then on the original console.

I'm a PVE player, but if anyone would like to group up for some casual fun, please hit me up. I've got a starter Undaunted quest that the game says I should not tackle alone. That, or I'm down for whatever.

PSN: Mejilan

Nice OP!

I've been playing this non stop the last few weeks to get my nightblade to cp160... Still a bit further to go.

I'm ready to start my warden on Xbox, preorder is in!

Heh. This weekend, I started up TESO on PS4 for the first time. Sort of. Played for a few hours when it first hit consoles, but it didn't stick. I'm digging the One Tamriel changes, and am enjoying my time as a Daggerfall Covenant High Elf Templar mage, however. And maybe time has smoothed the rough edges, but it seems to look/run much better on my PS4 Pro than it didn't back then on the original console.

I'm a PVE player, but if anyone would like to group up for some casual fun, please hit me up. I've got a starter Undaunted quest that the game says I should not tackle alone. That, or I'm down for whatever.

I think I still have you on my friends list. If not I will track you down. I am excited to get back into it all after taking a break because of life and school.

This game looks stunning with Pro support.

Good to know. Will most likely make the jump to a 4k TV this fall.

Are you only a 1080P set?

If so, there's, well, depending who you want to believe, a bug with ESO or an issue with Sony regarding Pro features on 1080P sets. If you only have a 1080 set, there's no way to actually turn on the Pro features (if you go to video options and don't see a setting for 1080 or 4K, it's not working right).

The second post here has a workaround that I can confirm works: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.c...s-bug-downgrade-on-1080p-only-displays#latest

You'll know 1080P E is working because water reflections will be on.

aka_bueno

Been playing the Morrowind expansion on PC since early access last week, first time ESO player and I'm really enjoying it.

I'm currently a bow wielding Warden with a big ass bear buddy! Fun stuff

dubq

I've got the CE on pre-order because I'm a sucker for Elder Scroll-related statues. Pretty hyped!!

Also, don't forget to add yourself to the database in the OP if you have a character in game already! :)

Great OT!

Super new to ESO but I picked up the base game and the expansion. I'm running around as a Warden using a two handed sword and having a lot of fun. I need to find out where I can reset my abilities because I kinda wanna try some other weapon trees like dual wielding.

I'm trying to add myself to the roster in the OP but it doesn't have an option for Warden as class. I'll just put down Dragon Knight for now.

Kemal86

Are you only a 1080P set?

If so, there's, well, depending who you want to believe, a bug with ESO or an issue with Sony regarding Pro features on 1080P sets. If you only have a 1080 set, there's no way to actually turn on the Pro features (if you go to video options and don't see a setting for 1080 or 4K, it's not working right).

The second post here has a workaround that I can confirm works: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.c...s-bug-downgrade-on-1080p-only-displays#latest

You'll know 1080P E is working because water reflections will be on.

oh my glob

So I wasn't crazy. This is nutty. I don't think I have any way to access a 4K TV at this time. I can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet.

stn

Does the disc copy contain all the expansions released so far? I have vanilla ESO and haven't bought any expansions yet. Morrowind is my favorite game of all time, I'm debating whether to go physical or just get the digital DLC for this.

Does the disc copy contain all the expansions released so far? I have vanilla ESO and haven't bought any expansions yet. Morrowind is my favorite game of all time, I'm debating whether to go physical or just get the digital DLC for this.

I believe ESO gold is the version that contains all the previous DLC, and the Morrowind expansion is a separate thing that has to be bought.

Setzer

I've been torn which MMO to come back to, either this or FFXIV. I'm leaning towards ESO because I like how Zenimax handles new content in that you don't have to be a certain level or have previously completed x content in order to access the new stuff.

I've been torn which MMO to come back to, either this or FFXIV. I'm leaning towards ESO because I like how Zenimax handles new content in that you don't have to be a certain level or have previously completed x content in order to access the new stuff.

I was in the same boat as you. In fact, I re-subbed to FF14 to check out the things I hadn't completed post-HW.

In the end, although I love FF14, I feel that ESO lends itself to a more "casual" style of play that accommodated my life better. I also think that the questing in ESO is a little better than FF14, but could be up to personal taste. Add on the fact that a mandatory sub makes me more inclined to dedicate more time to the game made ESO the better choice for my current availability.

EDIT: Also, I think I am just a little burnt out on the GCD-style of play. Wanted something a little more action-like.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I believe ESO gold is the version that contains all the previous DLC, and the Morrowind expansion is a separate thing that has to be bought.

Bought ESO Gold PS4 from Target today at $29.99 + Tax + S&H.
http://www.target.com/p/the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition--playstation-4-/-/A-51372021 It says I should get it by Saturday, but it is preparing to ship already.

Edit:
I'm gathering that's enough price for the DLC since I can't figure out how much the DLC would cost on PSN Store on it's own or if it can be bought that way.

Bought ESO Gold PS4 from Target today at $29.99 + Tax + S&H.
http://www.target.com/p/the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition--playstation-4-/-/A-51372021 It says I should get it by Saturday, but it is preparing to ship already.

Edit:
I'm gathering that's enough price for the DLC since I can't figure out how much the DLC would cost on PSN Store on it's own or if it can be bought that way.

Did the same thing. It's a stellar deal. With those 4 DLC and the base game, you're easily looking at 100+ hours of fresh content.

dubq

If I recall correctly, the DLCs ranged from 1500 to 3000 crowns, so roughly $15-30, depending on which one. You definitely got a great deal!

Darklor01

If I recall correctly, the DLCs ranged from 1500 to 3000 crowns, so roughly $15-30, depending on which one. You definitely got a great deal!

Each?

Also, no wonder I couldn't figure out how to buy the DLC on the Playstation Store. It's Crowns used to buy from in store?

Edit:
Sorry, I just couldn't figure out how to get the DLC. I'm new to ESO.

dubq

Each?

Also, no wonder I couldn't figure out how to buy the DLC on the Playstation Store. It's Crowns used to buy from in store?

Edit:

Yeah you have to get them from within the game itself, in the crown store. If you have ESO plus, they're unlocked as long as you're subbed up. Here's the breakdown via http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crown_Store

Dark Brotherhood - 2000C
Imperial City - 2500C
Orsinium - 3000C
Shadows of the Hist - 1500C
Thieves Guild - 2000C
Guilds and Glory: The 4-DLC Mega-Pack - 5500C (does not include Shadows of the Hist)

Crowns work out to:
750 for $7.99 USD
1500 for $14.99 USD
3000 for $24.99 USD
5500 for $39.99 USD

Either way, $30 +tax/shipping, you saved a bundle! :)

Each?

Edit:

In addition to Dubq's post, the gold edition also comes with 500 crowns, which is small, all things considered, but nice to have.

Setzer

I was in the same boat as you. In fact, I re-subbed to FF14 to check out the things I hadn't completed post-HW.

In the end, although I love FF14, I feel that ESO lends itself to a more "casual" style of play that accommodated my life better. I also think that the questing in ESO is a little better than FF14, but could be up to personal taste. Add on the fact that a mandatory sub makes me more inclined to dedicate more time to the game made ESO the better choice for my current availability.

EDIT: Also, I think I am just a little burnt out on the GCD-style of play. Wanted something a little more action-like.

I do find questing in ESO definitely more enjoyable simply because every quest is voice acted and you're not reading through walls of text. And I agree with you about ESO having a more casual play style which definitely works better for me. Plus being a subscriber gives you access to a bottomless crafting bag which is shared across all your toons, that alone is worth the sub for me.

Darklor01

Yeah you have to get them from within the game itself, in the crown store. If you have ESO plus, they're unlocked as long as you're subbed up. Here's the breakdown via http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crown_Store

Dark Brotherhood - 2000C
Imperial City - 2500C
Orsinium - 3000C
Shadows of the Hist - 1500C
Thieves Guild - 2000C
Guilds and Glory: The 4-DLC Mega-Pack - 5500C (does not include Shadows of the Hist)

Crowns work out to:
750 for $7.99 USD
1500 for $14.99 USD
3000 for $24.99 USD
5500 for $39.99 USD

Either way, $30 +tax/shipping, you saved a bundle! :)

So, the Gold Ed gets you the Guilds and Glory DLC which would be $40 which includes everything except for Shadows (Plus 500 crowns)?

Darklor01

Yup, this is it here: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ouncing-the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition

Shadows of the Hist is mainly just two extra dungeons, which is why it's the cheapest of the bunch.

Ah, OK, thanks!

With tax and shipping, it worked out to $38 or so. Either way, Sounds like it breaks about even cost wise with just installing the physical Morrowind game and buying the mega pack. I'll take that.

Thanks for answering all the questions!!!! Really appreciate it.

Ah, OK, thanks!

With tax and shipping, it worked out to $38 or so. Either way, Sounds like it breaks about even cost wise with just installing the physical Morrowind game and buying the mega pack. I'll take that.

Thanks for answering all the questions!!!! Really appreciate it.

Yeah, you're getting a ton of content. It could be months before you decide to dive into Morrowind's content, unless you wanna level a Warden right away.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Would anyone like to group up and help me finish up some Glenumbra (Daggerfall) group content that I'm unable to solo? I'm almost done with this pronvince's story line, but it looks like at least these three locations are currently beyond my solo'ing means:
1) King's Guard Dolmen (no one there and going by other dolmens I've cleared, no way I can solo it).
2) Seaview Point (bastard bear world boss can one-shot me).
3) Spindleclutch I dungeon (for a starter Undaunted questline).
3.1) Maybe Spindleclutch II as well? Not sure what the I and II represent. Nor do I know if the quest will send me from I to II...

aka_bueno

Seems like most of GAF here is playing on console but if anyone is jumping back in on PC, feel free to add me! @aka_bueno

Would anyone like to group up and help me finish up some Glenumbra (Daggerfall) group content that I'm unable to solo? I'm almost done with this pronvince's story line, but it looks like at least these three locations are currently beyond my solo'ing means:
1) King's Guard Dolmen (no one there and going by other dolmens I've cleared, no way I can solo it).
3.1) Maybe Spindleclutch II as well? Not sure what the I and II represent. Nor do I know if the quest will send me from I to II...

Is there an easy way for me to get to you? I am only level 10, but I am a healer and that might be all you need. I am unfortunately in the beginning areas of the EP story, though.

aidanphantom

Neo Member

Are you NA or EU? I can help if you're on EU.

Spindleclutch II is a continuation of the story, but it won't send you there unless you choose to do it. I'd recommend waiting til you have a full group to do that one tho.

If you're on NA PS4, feel free to add me: raizel76

I can help with any dolmens or lend a hand with world bosses (definitely can't solo them though!) and craft any food or gear you might need!

Is there an easy way for me to get to you? I am only level 10, but I am a healer and that might be all you need. I am unfortunately in the beginning areas of the EP story, though.

I believe that if you join a party, you can teleport to each other. There's also boats in the starter cities (Daven's Watch/Daggerfall/Auridon) that will take you to the other faction areas.

Been playing this new expansion on PC, it feels great. Stamina Warden is such a fun playstyle. I'm waiting to actually do the Morrowind content until I get my Warden to level 50 but I ran through the zone and it's beautiful.

justjim89

Been getting back into TESO this week playing through some of the Thieves Guild DLC. Aside from the frustratingly shallow stealth, it's a fun DLC. Ready to return to Vvardenfell, though.

How's the Warden's ice tree? I love the class concept. I originally wanted the bear but I hate the aesthetic of 'summon brief animals', sad it's locked in that tree.

Top Bottom