• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls 6 All But Confirmed to Be an Xbox Exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I doubt Phil will still be in his current role by the time TESVI comes out in 2024 or whatever. Very few execs last that long in such thin-air positions.

This feels like a bait thread in order to get salty Sony fans like me to say something that can be reported for console warring.

Microsoft made the the right move at the right time. 2 big games releasing in a few years within each other....

Starfield and The Elder Scrolls 6

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Mad Max Reaction GIF

nikolino840

I don't think so. If it is a MS owned franchise then I think it will only be on Xbox, MS Store, and Steam. The only one I'm uncertain about is Indiana Jones.
Yeah but there's always todd howard and bethesda soft. so close to microsoft and spencer himself

It wasn't first party then, it is now. They are funding development of the game, let's see what happens with Sunset Overdrive 2 and if people still feel the same then.
Sunset Overdrive IP is owned by Sony now. They acquired it when they bought Insomniac

Saber

Gold Member
And nothing of value was lost to me.

And even if this comes to an another plataform in the future I would still not buy it. Bethesda games leave a very bad taste on me...not gonna spend another dime on their shit games.

Valonquar

As far as I am concerned every Elder Scrolls game may as well be a PC exclusive. Mods are the bread and butter of the entire series.

“It’s not about punishing any other platform, like I fundamentally believe all of the platforms can continue to grow,” Spencer told GQ. “But in order to be on Xbox, I want us to be able to bring the full complete package of what we have. And that would be true when I think about Elder Scrolls VI. That would be true when I think about any of our franchises.”
What the hell does that even mean.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Do we really need an article everytime?

Guess IGn shoould start making articles on God of War isnt coming to Xbox
:messenger_hushed:

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It wasn't first party then, it is now. They are funding development of the game, let's see what happens with Sunset Overdrive 2 and if people still feel the same then.

I'm fully aware. I was explaining the difference between a series that has always been exclusive (GoW, Horizon, Halo, Forza, whatever) to one that used to be multiplatform but is now being taken away from half the player base.

Sure, Sunset Overdrive 2 would be kind of similar if it ever happens (I doubt it), but that was never multiplatform either. It went from exclusive to one platform to being owned by their competitor. Like Banjo or any other Rare IP when MS bought them.

Riky

$MSFT
I'm fully aware. I was explaining the difference between a series that has always been exclusive (GoW, Horizon, Halo, Forza, whatever) to one that used to be multiplatform but is now being taken away from half the player base.

Sure, Sunset Overdrive 2 would be kind of similar if it ever happens (I doubt it), but that was never multiplatform either. It went from exclusive to one platform to being owned by their competitor. Like Banjo or any other Rare IP when MS bought them.

How about Street Fighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom