• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 |OT| Now a wall can stop Washington's fall

Ballistic

I gotta say that I’ve enjoyed going back and playing this game, but the story currently prevents me from playing anymore. Weirdest part to me is one of Clancy’s books was eerily close to what happened on 9/11 and here we are with his name attached to fiction depicting another irl event.

Bigrx1

Banned
So I'm just now looking into buying this game and I've been seeing a lot of comments through my research of it recently saying Division 1 is actually better and that some players are leaving Division 2 to go back to 1. Can anyone fill me in on why? I'm not familiar enough with either to have any opinion to judge one over the other but am curious if I should actually just pick up part 1 instead of 2.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

So I'm just now looking into buying this game and I've been seeing a lot of comments through my research of it recently saying Division 1 is actually better and that some players are leaving Division 2 to go back to 1. Can anyone fill me in on why? I'm not familiar enough with either to have any opinion to judge one over the other but am curious if I should actually just pick up part 1 instead of 2.

Some long time players are salty that the hardest difficulty levels in the game are actually really hard.

Bolivar687

Banned

It's just a better game from every angle. The movement and gunplay was so much more fluid and dynamic. ÷2 enemy AI take cover like you're playing whack-a-mole and it's infuriating. The weapon sounds were so much better, even if a bit more fantastical.

There were three distinct classes that aligned with MMORPGs - tank, healer, and DPS. You could mix and match, but going into the main missions or Underground procedurally generated dungeons was like going into a WoW instance. Unlike Destiny, they really nailed this game being a multiplayer RPG. It was incredible.

There's nothing ÷2 can do to overcome the atmosphere and ambience of NYC. It was unique, an urban post-apocalypstic, never-ending Christmas setting with the huge buildings and infrastructure and populated by militarized joint task force, a PMC, and rival factions. There was a mission where you restore power to Times Square and if you emerge from the underground part of the mission at night time, it is absolutely unreal to see the buildings and signs lighting back up during the final firefight. The Dark Zone was insane. It felt so unsettlingly desolate but alive and dangerous at the same time. It gets creepier the further you go, up to the edge of Central Park, where heavy machinery is dealing with all the body bags stacked up from the pandemic. ÷2 everything is just spaced out and it's the same nature reclamation aesthetic as the Last of Us, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and a million other generic settings we've seen over and over. There are areas where it feels like I'm playing a game about the Viet Nam war, not Tom Clancy's the Division.

It was just such a perfect game and I can't wait to go back to it after finishing ÷2 and sampling some of the endgame content with my friends.

Last edited:
It's just a better game from every angle. The movement and gunplay was so much more fluid and dynamic. ÷2 enemy AI take cover like you're playing whack-a-mole and it's infuriating. The weapon sounds were so much better, even if a bit more fantastical.

There were three distinct classes that aligned with MMORPGs - tank, healer, and DPS. You could mix and match, but going into the main missions or Underground procedurally generated dungeons was like going into a WoW instance. Unlike Destiny, they really nailed this game being a multiplayer RPG. It was incredible.

There's nothing ÷2 can do to overcome the atmosphere and ambience of NYC. It was unique, an urban post-apocalypstic, never-ending Christmas setting with the huge buildings and infrastructure and populated by militarized joint task force, a PMC, and rival factions. There was a mission where you restore power to Times Square and if you emerge from the underground part of the mission at night time, it is absolutely unreal to see the buildings and signs lighting back up during the final firefight. The Dark Zone was insane. It felt so unsettlingly desolate but alive and dangerous at the same time. It gets creepier the further you go, up to the edge of Central Park, where heavy machinery is dealing with all the body bags stacked up from the pandemic. ÷2 everything is just spaced out and it's the same nature reclamation aesthetic as the Last of Us, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and a million other generic settings we've seen over and over. There are areas where it feels like I'm playing a game about the Viet Nam war, not Tom Clancy's the Division.

It was just such a perfect game and I can't wait to go back to it after finishing ÷2 and sampling some of the endgame content with my friends.
just started div 2 coop with a buddy. Having similar thoughts :/ maybe we'll try the new GR breakpoint since they made some changes. Wildlands is an all time coop experience.

Last edited:
Wildlands is an all time coop experience.

That it is. That's why it would be nice to have a new one next gen in Vietnam. Ghost Recon: Origins or something, yeah it's unoriginal, but the setting is what's important.

Going around like Wildlands but in Vietnam blasting some Fortunate Son and White Rabbit. BF: Vietnam just never got the justice it deserved. A Vietnam Ghost Recon could deliver it.

Yeah I know, it's a terrible war, but fuck if that setting isn't perfect for that type of game.

That it is. That's why it would be nice to have a new one next gen in Vietnam. Ghost Recon: Origins or something, yeah it's unoriginal, but the setting is what's important.

Going around like Wildlands but in Vietnam blasting some Fortunate Son and White Rabbit. BF: Vietnam just never got the justice it deserved. A Vietnam Ghost Recon could deliver it.

Yeah I know, it's a terrible war, but fuck if that setting isn't perfect for that type of game.
Dang that's a great idea. Only possible draw back is variety. But yeah, old school Helicopters and CCR is a vibe I can go balls deep into.

Ubisoft is preparing loads of quality-of-life improvements and laying the groundwork for the long-awaited second raid.

Ubisoft has announced the next major update for The Division 2, which will add a new load of endgame content and prepare for the long-awaited second raid. The Title Update 10 will start to roll out on June 16 and then Warlords of New York Season 2 will launch on June 23.

A wide array of improvements and fixes will be available immediately with the update. Those include improvements to gear set and brand sets, increased damage for nearly all weapons, increased loot quality and crafted item quality, better vendor stock, and major balance and bug fixes.

Season 2 will pit your Division agents against a new faction that is continuing Aaron Keener's plans. You'll be able to unlock two new exotics, a new skill variant, and gear set. You'll need to own the Warlords of New York expansion to take part in Season 2, and Warlords owners can also grab a Season 2 Pass for extra progression rewards. Season 1 progression will end on June 15.

Operation Iron Horse, the game's second raid, will drop sometime during Season 2. It will task teams of eight to take on its challenges and earn exclusive rewards for both Level 30 and Level 40 players. An exact release date for the raid hasn't been announced. Season 2 will also introduce Leagues and time-limited Global Events with special modifiers.

Bluecondor

I'm so disappointed in these "Seasons."

The core gameplay loop is repeating mission after mission - with the ridiculous speed requirement for finishing missions that are filled with bullet sponge enemies. I would love to see the numbers of players who actually complete these activities. It has to be a tiny fraction of the player base who are patient enough to keep playing the same missions over and over again.....

Top Bottom