• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 |OT| Now a wall can stop Washington's fall

I find myself very tempted to buy the Gold edition. $100.

Is it worth it?
Depends,the first year dlc is free,so buying that edition from what I know you will get access to the dlc a week earlier,and when you reach the end game you will have all 3 specializations unlocked,you will not do different things to unlock them,some small bonuses when they do things like when they added the new stronghold and the invasions missions, I got more keys to unlock chests for items,I guess this is how they will reward in the future players who bought that version,giving them some extra things.Its up to you if you really what to spend that money or not.Normally I would say its too much,but in the end do what you feel it will make you happy :) .

Last edited:
I'm still having a blast w/ Division 2. Although I have been playing a bit of BL1/BL2 since the recent event got me all amped up all over again.

Also, work is kicking my ass and I won't be back home until next weekend.

I really do find it interesting the recent reaction from the fan base to Massive, but I think all of the big GAAS titles go to this as a degree.

The DZ is definitely not as cool as it was in Division 1. Can't put my finger on it, but I disagree it's Conflict because imho those are two very different crowds.

I find myself very tempted to buy the Gold edition. $100.

Is it worth it?

I think the Gold Edition is on sale on GMG for ~$85 U.S.

Season pass is available separately and none of the Gold-specific stuff I've had access to is life-changing.

I bought Ultimate, so not trying to persuade you, but if you're on the fence, just get the base game. It's great.

scalman

im now on division 2 on pc or days gone on ps4. between them . started new character in d2 and now im lvl 9 . trying to make those gear now more towards weapon im using not all over the place like i did before. waiting new patch with better AA and lighting. and lots changes on levels and mods i hope. maybe when it will come i will do another new character to see how it really changed game from zero.

OK. Back. I was really hoping the big changes were going to be this week, but they're not until next week!

The 500 grind as is as almost Destiny-esque (as in Crucible grinds) and that's saying something since I'm pretty active. I get why less active players are piqued.

Does that fix things? No idea. But I'm really looking forward to the changes and the raid and will try to coordinate something that is at least EST friendly.

scalman

The Division 2 Update Version 1.07 Patch Notes (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
The Division 2 Raid Operation Dark Hours
Operation Dark Hours is our first 8-player raid coming to Tom Clancy’s The Division 2. Teamwork, collaboration, and adaptation will be necessary to defeat the Black Tusk. More information and exact opening times will be revealed soon.
Classified Assignments: The Fall of DC
Classified Assignments are exclusive missions for owners of the Year 1 Pass. Discover and complete these missions to hear stories behind the fall of DC as well as unlocking exclusive Backpack Trophies. Title Update 3 includes the first two Classified Assignments.
New Apparel Event: Dark Hours
Starting together with the raid release, our second Apparel event will introduce new outfits, masks, emotes and weapon skins!
ACHIEVEMENTS & TROPHIES
  • Added Operation Dark Hours Achievement / Trophy.
GENERAL
  • Text Chat improvements
    • Players can toggle displaying personal and group loot drops.
    • Text chat will now lose focus after sending a message.
    • Group tab will be populated with all raid members when queueing for a raid.
    • Improved feedback when attempting invalid actions in text chat.
SETTINGS
  • Added a Neutral Lighting setting to all platforms.
PC
  • Settings
    • Added “Anti-aliasing” graphics setting with new Ultra alternative for sharper image when in motion.
UI
  • Character sheet
    • Will now properly update and display Accuracy, Stability, Recoil, Weapon Swap and Reload Speed from +Weapon Handling bonuses.
  • Social menu
    • When downed, agents now have the possibility to open the Social menu via hotkey.
    • Players will now be able to matchmake during Heroic difficulty missions.
    • Players are now immune to Vote Kicks during boss encounters and for a short time after the end of boss encounters and missions. Going AFK removes this immunity.

The Division 2 Update 1.07 BUG FIXES
  • Fixed an issue where NPCs in the Bounty screen had broken animations. Put your hands down, please.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent players from completing the Side Mission Medical Camp Attack.
  • Fixed an issue where armor values on AI in the Dark Zone scaled incorrectly.
  • Fixed an issue where the Sniper Turret would aim at targets out of line of sight in PvP.
  • Fixed an issue where Scanner Pulse and Remote Pulse were not properly affected by Skill Duration.
  • Fixed various issues where Skill bonuses were not applied properly.
  • Fixed an issue where bounties rewarded from Projects in Settlements were rewarding the wrong amount of XP and Credits.
  • Fixed an issue where Clan Cashes would scale incorrectly when opened in another player’s lower level session.
  • Fixed a bug where NPCs from a Resource Convoy could spawn out of thin air on top of the player.
  • Fixed a bug where the Control Point supply room would remain locked when capturing a Control Point too quickly.
  • Fixed several bugs with matchmaking that prevented correct matching of players based on their region, language, gear score and other criteria.
  • Fixed an issue with ‘A Friend in Need’ Achievement/Trophy which would cause it to not unlock in certain conditions.
  • Fixed an issue where a player would be unable to complete the ‘Big Game Hunter’ Achievement/Trophy.
  • Fixed an issue on the Ubisoft Club Weekly Challenges screen on PC that resulted in a low frame rate when on that screen.
  • Fixed an issue causing Korean language glyph compositions not displaying properly in the in-game chat.

Last edited:
Haha. Well done. Massive. Was gonna play some Rage 2.

Edit: Ooh. The classified missions are in too it seems.

Edit: So no apparel event until Thursday. Guess I will get a little R2 in after the classifieds. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
So, lets take a look at this patch.

- Armor is STILL utterly useless. Heroic enemies will one shot all of it if you have 0 or 200k. Cool.
- Revive Hive STILL does not work reliably.
- Skills will STILL go on immediate cooldown right after use while never actually being used.
- Special ammo STILL barely spawns. I'm lucky to get one grenade through an entire mission.
- Majority of the skills are STILL useless as are mods.

These are all problems that have existed since I quit playing over a month ago (some of which have supposedly been "fixed" multiple times).

Also, no matchmaking for the Raid. Awesome...

Ugh.

Last edited:

scalman

Wonder what changes to loot and crafting there as they mentioned or its just some fixes.
I kinda enjoying game from start again with new character allready lvl10 as i remember most fun and cool weapons where from lvl7 .

Verdanth

So, just booted the game and with all patches and stuff I find my built pretty much intact in terms of talents?

Lol, so much drama for nothing I supposed.

No matchmaking for raid will be a pain in the ass, but I suppose there will be some LFG website around.

Anyway, PS4 players, who wants to tackle the raid?

Last edited:
So, lets take a look at this patch.

- Armor is STILL utterly useless. Heroic enemies will one shot all of it if you have 0 or 200k. Cool.
- Revive Hive STILL does not work reliably.
- Skills will STILL go on immediate cooldown right after use while never actually being used.
- Special ammo STILL barely spawns. I'm lucky to get one grenade through an entire mission.
- Majority of the skills are STILL useless as are mods.

These are all problems that have existed since I quit playing over a month ago (some of which have supposedly been "fixed" multiple times).

Also, no matchmaking for the Raid. Awesome...

Ugh.
Holy shit

This is infuriating :/

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I've only played about 10hrs since 3-4 weeks ago when I got hit by a glitch that deleted people's Chatterbox exotic from their inventory, and other exotic weapons as well. Still no fix from their forum, just the run-around. My brother still plays in spite of all the shit, but he said this morning they nerfed unstoppable force and made other unwelcome tweaks.

I loved this game so much, but until they fix the month-old glitch that is fucking their biggest fans, I'm done. The game was a little glitchy in the first month, but it felt so much better. They just needed to balance skill power requirements and nerf the vector a little, instead they fucked everything. Whatever, got my 200hrs and money's worth.

Chatterbox Disappearing Glitch: The Division 2

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
All these old ass bugs still existing has really deflated my hype for playing again. Played for a couple hours earlier and all the old issues still popping up was incredibly annoying. Really wasn't feeling it.

That's really fucking sucks. I bought this disaster on release specifically because they said in promotional materials that matchmaking would be present for all activities and I was happy to finally find a looter shooter that didn't lock raids behind elitist offsite LFG groups like Destiny 2 did.

Last edited:
Finally got my Nemesis. Only took 5 weeks because of waiting for various RNG missions to pop up each week. This sure is a fun way to get exotics, Massive! /s
And I got a bad roll on it. Yay!

It's still pretty good but man, how disappointing to wait 5 weeks for a single weapon only for it to roll badly. lol

Edit: As for raid matchmaking, I understand that the game has matchmaking for literally everything and that's why people expected the raid to have it as well... but anyone who has raided in ANY other game knows that PUGing raids with no assurance of voice communication and coordination is just asking for a bad time.

Last edited:
Edit: As for raid matchmaking, I understand that the game has matchmaking for literally everything and that's why people expected the raid to have it as well... but anyone who has raided in ANY other game knows that PUGing raids with no assurance of voice communication and coordination is just asking for a bad time.

Not to mention that Massive straight up said it at one point, so any shit they get for this is on them imo.

waylo

Banned
That's fine, but the player should still have the option. Maybe you get into a raid with 2-3 other people who ARE good and who DO communicate. Then you add them. Then next time you queue, you've already got a group of 3-4 people and you find another person who is good. So on and so forth. Basically building a solid group to play with.

Completely removing that option from players is fucking dumb. It's not like this is a three person mission or something. It's asking for eight people. Rounding up eight people who have potentially hours to spend doing nothing but playing Division isn't an easy task.

waylo

Banned
Confirmed in today's State of the Game. No matchmaking in the raid. As expected, it's for a stupid reason.

"We decided to not include matchmaking as we don't think this will create a good gameplay experience for random groups. The Raid will test your ability to communicate well, have a good build setup and will require great teamwork to beat encounters. "

So why even give people a chance to matchmake? Obviously just remove the option.

Dumb.

Played a bit last night in the DZ. Indeed the game is dropping a lot more contaminated items and having a 10 place pouch is great. But it's still dropping <500 GS stuff... and purple items for clearing landmarks, which sucks.

Enemies do less damage imo, but it's not a huge difference. You still need to be very careful. No face tanking at all.

Hopefully, Massive will go the WoW route and open it up as gear score goes up.

I'm gonna try to get something done with DivisionGAF PC. Maybe we can pull the PC players on GAF who didn't join the GAF clan or fill via friends.

DivisionGAF activity is not great, though. It's the nature of GAF. But I think if it doesn't work out, I may pass the torch and move on to a more focused clan.

Played a bit last night in the DZ. Indeed the game is dropping a lot more contaminated items and having a 10 place pouch is great. But it's still dropping <500 GS stuff... and purple items for clearing landmarks, which sucks.

Enemies do less damage imo, but it's not a huge difference. You still need to be very careful. No face tanking at all.

I don't get the GS either. I'm actually wearing 498, but I'm of course 500+ in inventory and stash.

Tonight, I may try running 500 on my person to see if that makes a difference. It doesn't feel different to me.

Last edited:

Ultradsa

Hopefully, Massive will go the WoW route and open it up as gear score goes up.

I'm gonna try to get something done with DivisionGAF PC. Maybe we can pull the PC players on GAF who didn't join the GAF clan or fill via friends.

DivisionGAF activity is not great, though. It's the nature of GAF. But I think if it doesn't work out, I may pass the torch and move on to a more focused clan.

I don't get the GS either. I'm actually wearing 498, but I'm of course 500+ in inventory and stash.

Tonight, I may try running 500 on my person to see if that makes a difference. It doesn't feel different to me.

Whats the gaf clan called? I'll gladly join. Is it "DivisionGAF"?

Last edited:

RaptorGTA

I get where the developers heads are at with this Raid and the logic. I get this grand vision they have...but it's clear in the State of the Game video they know this is a Massive problem and its alienating the community. I am working a late shift and will be for the following week. So my time to play is low. I should have time this weekend to play so I'll keep an eye to see when we can all meet up.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
From what I've read the Raids drop tomorrow at 9am PT/12pm ET. It's come to my understanding that there will be no matchmaking. DivisionGAF Xbox has 23 members. I haven't been playing as much due to circumstances, but I'll be on all the fucking time over the next few days. I have up to 4 people already confirmed to be willing to schedule a few sessions. Just need another 4 or 5 Xbox guys who can free up some time over the next few days. My people are all west coast, so Pacific Time.

Link clan OT...

Last edited:
Biggest mistake not doing matchmaking on raids,I get their point of view,but still let that option be there to at least let the players try and if they fail its on them,they will learn eventually how to play,they will see you need to communicate trough mics,then people start talking,this way they will get to know each other better ,maybe actually create a friendship and next time they will gather together to play this,but they cut this out completely.I was looking forward to this to come back,now I don't have a reason to play it anymore.

Psykodad

Banned
Cool, was looking forward to eventually do the raid, but since none of my friends play The Division and my game-time is irregular, this is no option for me.

Last edited:
Notes from today's stream (not State of the Game):

+more raids coming
+working on a way to find groups in game

Edit: Known raid bug. If weapon disappears or stops doing damage, reload it.

If that doesn't work, unequip and then reequip.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Well despite having no matchmaking we managed to dance and jumping jack people and send them a raid invite until we got a full 8-man group. We had I think 5-6 people on mics. The raid is sufficiently difficult(read: very fucking hard). Like a level 4 control point is easy in comparison. Purples are like Golds from level 4 alert. We put down the first wave, then they do a heli drop on you with a heavy, and bring 2 gold sniper dogs from the opposite end. If you don't coordinate the movement as a group you are fucked.

We had people with lower health and armor getting 1-shot dropped from sniper dogs. It damaged me to the point of being 1-2 shots from other enemies to die. The people getting dropped quit and we were undermanned. With only 5 dudes we talked and decided to quit for now since it would only get harder from there.

No matchmaking makes it a dumb experience. I rate 4/10, rotten.

Last edited:

NickFire

Confirmed in today's State of the Game. No matchmaking in the raid. As expected, it's for a stupid reason.

"We decided to not include matchmaking as we don't think this will create a good gameplay experience for random groups. The Raid will test your ability to communicate well, have a good build setup and will require great teamwork to beat encounters. "

So why even give people a chance to matchmake? Obviously just remove the option.

Dumb.
What a big disappointment. I have really enjoyed this game so far. This makes me think it's almost pointless for me to continue as I only play with one friend.

Top Bottom