• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 Next Gen Update PS5 vs Xbox Series S/X

Concern

Once again series x the best place to play last gen games.

200.gif

Lol shit game gets a shit update. After such a long time. Anysotropic filtering and fog being so fucked up on PS5 makes no sense whatsoever, the SS is better in those areas!

And BTW, the loading times will vary from play to play since it depends on the internet connection with Ubi servers. It's not just the game.

Last edited:
Not tried it yet but videos make it look like it will be great to play at 60fps.

It's funny though I remember this looking way better last time I played it - I mean obviously it didn't but it's strange how perceptions change.

Played the whole thing even WONY since I'm a hardcore TD player, but the first game is so much better. They killed the DZ.
I agree the first one was better. I didn't get into either till late the the dz was annoying and I just avoided it. The PvE part of the second was fine though. Much better at 60fps. Even better at 140 but that's not really a console thing.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
"All platforms stay at a pretty reliable 60fps, with PS5 being the most consistent"

The only text that matters here. Lol
Who knew frame rate stability for 1% of gameplay would be the focal point the first three months of launch

I'm still waiting for all the SSD loading time comparison threads, which gamers were anticipating what the comparison would be between PS5 and SX.

ethomaz

Banned
Just give me some games running at native 4k. Indie games and the ones present as icon on the dashboard (running at 4k) do not count.
Wut?

Demon's Souls.
Devil May Cry V.
Immortals: Fenyx Rising.
NBA 2K21.
FIFA 21.

If I check I will find way more games.
There are games with DRS that keep native 4k 99% of time like Destiny 2.

FUD is something that doesn't live longer enough.

Last edited:

JonkyDonk

Haha 4k checkerboard immediately followed by 2160p. Did they just want a 4th bullet point?
I think the reason they specify 2160p is because the term '4k' gets thrown around a lot these days and it's kind of become meaningless. The media are casually referring to a lot of games as '4k' when in most cases it's either 1440p with TAA, or it's DRS that never gets close to 2160p and even drops as low as 1080p in some extreme cases like AC Valhalla on XSX. So they just want to be clear that when they say 4k they really mean 2160p, albeit checkerboard and not native.

I think the reason they specify 2160p is because the term '4k' gets thrown around a lot these days and it's kind of become meaningless. The media are casually referring to a lot of games as '4k' when in most cases it's either 1440p with TAA, or it's DRS that never gets close to 2160p and even drops as low as 1080p in some extreme cases like AC Valhalla on XSX. So they just want to be clear that when they say 4k they really mean 2160p, albeit checkerboard and not native.
I honestly just think they fucked up and the pr person had a list of good sounding things to say their friend told them, but didn't know to only use one or the other.

JonkyDonk

I honestly just think they fucked up and the pr person had a list of good sounding things to say their friend told them, but didn't know to only use one or the other.
I don't know, I think someone would have caught that before it went out on both the blog and twitter if it was a mistake.

recursive

ethomaz

Banned
So at this point:

XSX > PS5 for BC game
PS5 > XSX for Next Gen games

who would've guessed it.
Well the first point is not surprise to anybody... people expected no BC on PS5 while Xbox is working on BC since 2014.
BTW how BC is doing on Xbox (hypervisor BC) allow way more manipulation than the hardware BC on PS5.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
So Xbox better at everything (even loading time), except for frame rate stability.

But PS5 still wins. Am I doing this right Sony fans?
Xbox wins. It's a true next gen patch and it's not running the BC PS4 Pro version with unlocked frame-rate as stated in the description.

Am I doing this right, Xbox fans?

NEbeast

Who knew frame rate stability for 1% of gameplay would be the focal point the first three months of launch

I'm still waiting for all the SSD loading time comparison threads, which gamers were anticipating what the comparison would be between PS5 and SX.
If it was the other way around you would be saying the same thing. Quit your bullshit.

Where is VRRicky?

Last edited:

vkbest

As a fan of the game I wish they'd made a PS5 version. But that's partly on Sony for having this complicated approach to BC that forces there to be a distinction.

What? MS BC and Sony BC is identical. Native games are new games, BC games are the last gen games with some kind of update. If Ubisoft want to release a PS5 port they can

Top Bottom