• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 Next Gen Update PS5 vs Xbox Series S/X

AnotherOne

• PS5 also has lower quality reflections, fog, and anisotropic filtering than Series X|S
  • Series S loads fastest, followed by Series X, and then PS5
  • All platforms stay at a pretty reliable 60fps, with PS5 being the most consistent
  • Some buggy water effects on PS5/Series X. Series S doesn't have these bugs
  • Series S has some problems loading some textures.
  • Series X 2160p
  • Series S 1080p
  • PS5 1944p

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
It's BC mode PS4 Pro vs One X, only frame rate cap lifted to 60.

EDIT: Stop this mambo jambo. It's exausting to read this all over again.

got a feeling this is going to last, console warriors gotta war...

dj khaled keys GIF by Music Choice

Withnail

As a fan of the game I wish they'd made a PS5 version. But that's partly on Sony for having this complicated approach to BC that forces there to be a distinction.

I wait for digital foundry on this one besides the less fog and slight less resolution i still personally think the image textures shadows and refections are more better on ps5. If u scroll across to 5mins and 34 the fountain the reflections are blurred on xbox platforms y the ps5 version is much more clearer

Beardsalt

Who even cares, isn’t Division 2 pretty much dead anyways. I stopped playing last year and it was dead then!
Division 1 was sooo much better!

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
My point, it won’t matter for the enjoyment of the game. Can it be fixed with a patch?
It can be, but Ubisoft will likely have to make it a separate SKU -- a different PS5 version, which they won't.

We have this trend with many Ubisoft games that were "updated for next-gen". They are just unlocking framerates and the games are still running in BC modes. They are not proper next-gen versions.

On PS5 it's the Pro version via BC and they they just uncapped the framerate, nothing more. While on Xbox they added some nextgen improvements like higher res and better effects. Exactly like Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
It can be, but Ubisoft will likely have to make it a separate SKU -- a different PS5 version, which they won't.

We have this trend with many Ubisoft games that were "updated for next-gen". They are just unlocking framerates and the games are still running in BC modes. They are not proper next-gen versions.
Ubi should really do over unity now. It's quite fantastic and looks as good or better then any ps5/series game on PC with a few mods.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
ykJ0SEY_d.webp

It’s a solid third person shooter that’s it, I don’t see it as a true next gen game

JonkyDonk

Here we go again, like groundhog day, another multiplat BC game showing the same situation as every other BC game but the same dumbasses suddenly having amnesia like clockwork and pretending like this is down to the hardware and not software limitations as it's been proven time and time again.

JonkyDonk

GoW actually increased resolution for PS5 in the new patch. Division 2 just unlocked framerate (BC of X1X/PS4 Pro versions).
God of War didn't increase resolution for PS5, because you can't do that on PS5 with a PS4 game running in BC mode. GoW is running at the same max resolution as it did on PS4 Pro. Like every other BC game on PS5.

JackMcGunns

This is so juicy. We all know that Xbox Series X is more powerful, but the narrative is that developers can't really access all the power because the architecture is not as efficient and well designed as the PS5 which punches above its weight, there are more variables than just TF, so for every head to head, there's a warrior, and another, and another one that likes to point that out, but suddenly the other variables disappear when it's the Xbox Series X that has an advantage because of the choices Microsoft made relating to BC.

DF, NXGamer, etc. are only there to help people choose which version to buy in the case there's a difference (regardless of the reason) But that doesn't stop the fanboys from getting triggered and running in like white knights swinging their swords to save the honor of their precious piece of plastic.

Top Bottom