• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 Next Gen Update PS5 vs Xbox Series S/X

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
michael richards eating GIF

I agree the first one was better. I didn't get into either till late the the dz was annoying and I just avoided it. The PvE part of the second was fine though. Much better at 60fps. Even better at 140 but that's not really a console thing.
I had so many memorable moments in the first game. It's still the most fun I've had playing online. I have almost 1000h of play :|

Neil Young

only played the first so far, is it worth getting the second ?
If you like the gameplay of the first, you'll enjoy the second for sure. Tons of content and cool locations. Once I pick up the X I'm going to replay it. I was never into the dark zone as I would usually play solo and get ganked all the time so can't speak on that. But there's nothing quite like having a shootout on top of air force one with the capitol in the background.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Not sure what people were expecting.
Once XSX updated dev kits are out there and devs actually put effort into the XSX version games should show the differences between these GPU's especially the Bandwidth differences.
You should try reading the thread first. lol.

It's the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X versions with 60fps mode.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I did read the thread.
Nice assumption there.

Then how does this have anything to do with the updated dev kits or extra GPU power when they're running PS4 Pro and Xbox One X versions of the game with unlocked frame-rate?

John Wick

This is so juicy. We all know that Xbox Series X is more powerful, but the narrative is that developers can't really access all the power because the architecture is not as efficient and well designed as the PS5 which punches above its weight, there are more variables than just TF, so for every head to head, there's a warrior, and another, and another one that likes to point that out, but suddenly the other variables disappear when it's the Xbox Series X that has an advantage because of the choices Microsoft made relating to BC.

DF, NXGamer, etc. are only there to help people choose which version to buy in the case there's a difference (regardless of the reason) But that doesn't stop the fanboys from getting triggered and running in like white knights swinging their swords to save the honor of their precious piece of plastic.
You mean like yourself? Like when PS5 was matching or having an advantage over SX in most games? First there was GDK was new, then Tools, MS was waiting on AMD to finalise spec of RDNA2 and on it goes. The only time barring H3 the SX has had an advantage was BC games like Cyberpunk and this. It has an advantage because the X1 version is better than Pro. Don't take things out of context and frame this as though this game has been built for PS5 when it hasn't.

Shmunter

Has the dev commented on the stripped out fog and ssr on Sony with the new patch?

Not going to touch its till fixed on PS5, backlog breathes!

Last edited:

hussar16

I remember when neogaf would say ps5 will be able to run next gen games at 4k60🤣 even when it was ps5 was revealed, I said it wont even run next gen games at 4k not possible with next gen shaders lighting ,and now last gen games cant even run on it lol

shubik

I remember when neogaf would say ps5 will be able to run next gen games at 4k60🤣 even when it was ps5 was revealed, I said it wont even run next gen games at 4k not possible with next gen shaders lighting ,and now last gen games cant even run on it lol

You should play some Miles Morales or how about God of War? Silky smooth 60fps and in Miles case even RT+60fps

S0ULZB0URNE

It's the Pro version with 60fps.
Devs are to blame.

it is funny how when it is other way around it is cerny genius etc. When game is performing worse on ps5 then it is devs fault, when it is performing worse on Xbox it is shit ms and corny genius. /s
It will always be this way. Game runs poorly on Xbox the Xbox is broken. Game runs poorly on PlayStation the developer is broken.

Top Bottom