• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The discussion on ps5 recently makes me believe that Sony fans are not happy with PS5 GPU but they are not honest about.

husomc

I'll be honest here, I wasn't happy when Sony announced 10TF machine. I was on the 13-14Tf bandwagon since last year. But it's up to Sony to show us what they can do with a 10Tf machine, be it with a showcase of outstanding games or a detailed tech breakdown of the box. So far they have only partially done this with Road to PS5 and Ratchet. As gamers we want more. Stop being a dicktease SONY and show us the goods !!

NullZ3r0

Banned
Theres no need to be upset about this:
images

Cant say the same for Craig
Where are the polygons?

longdi

Banned
At 399 i think their choice of gpu is perfectly fine. You gotta pay for good stuff

The thing is, i dont think ps5de will be 399, expecting 499.

And if series x start at 499 too, then there is justification that ps5 gpu is a little under weight, for the srp, for the need to carry minimum specs for next 5+ years.

I guess ampere surprise simply spoiled us. 🤷‍♀️

Its like ps3 + rsx launching besides gt8800, remember those days?

Kumomeme

i can say same to xbox fans honest feeling toward their ssd and same to nintendo fans toward their console's specs.

also
On the other hand , xbox fans have accepted the disadvantage they have o. The ssd part and their biggest complaint is on the exclusive software part (where Sony is hitting it out of the park).

eitherway i dont know the true purpose of this thread. rather not speculating it but isnt it better to atleast wait those 2 console launch and see how it fare before draw conclusion?. Nobody here is mind reader. Unless there is secret tinfoil hat society here.

Last edited:
pcWmJz0.gif

Thats some dumb logic right there.

The release of the 3000 series by Nvidia should make every console fan not happy. That thing is going to rock, particularly the 3070, for $499 is going to be a beast and will clearly blow the next gen consoles out of the water, day fucking one.

No sony or microsoft fan. Every console fan.
To add onto that point. Shouldn't PC fans be happy that PS5/XSX are more powerful this gen? Have much beefier CPUs? Have much improved i/O? Have built in SSDs? RT? I might be wrong here, but if the lowest common denominator for developers is the PS5/XSX doesn't that bode well the PC gamers? Won't your monster PC hardware be better put to use now?

IFireflyl

Gold Member
TFLOPs mean nothing to me. I have no frame of reference for what a single TFLOP is capable of delivering. Excess X has less than 2 more TFLOPS than the Playstation 5, and I have zero idea on what that relates to in real-world performance.

I was a bit disappointed with the TF number initially.
Thought Cerny had gone crazy indulging himself with some golden ear tickling, and other hobby projects he crammed into PS5.
Taking a better look on Cerny's presentation showed there was more to it than just TFs.

I'm totally sold on PS5, I know the games will be there... 2020 for PS4 has been insanely good.
I will even prob buy PS5 pro if there ever will be one.
Not really disappointed then and definitely not now.

Ten_Fold

Lol what? I love the GPU, demon souls looks amazing in 4K, game loads up in seconds an runs extremely smooth. Also astrobot which is a showcase is also really amazing.

pixelation

Xbox series x: microsoft decided to go as the strongest console from next generation. They still couldn't show significant software to demonstrate it's power. Still, you can't deny that on paper it has strength to argue.

PS5: while it's GPU spec is lesser than xbox series X, it still has big punch. However, Sony decided to have significant advantage on their io and SSD.

Prior to nvidia show, there were many comments by gamers who preferred PS5 over XSX that the difference is insignificant and that the higher TF of XSX won't show on games. They also argued that advantages of SSD and io will blow XSX (and pc, mind you) out of the water.

Yet, there were many comments even by hardcore Sony fans that they are waiting for the PS5 "pro" to release with increased GPU performance. Adding to the current meltdown and increased posts that compares the new nvidia cards with PS5, it is very clear to me that from start ps5 fans are not satisfied with the GPU performance and can't wait for Sony to upgrade their spec.

On the other hand , xbox fans have accepted the disadvantage they have o. The ssd part and their biggest complaint is on the exclusive software part (where Sony is hitting it out of the park).
This post gets stupider as time passes by.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Man I saw the OP and was like "what planet is this mad lad living on?" then saw the date and realised at that point I had already written the xbox off as junk for its first half of the life cycle due to having a 320bit bus and 16GB of split RAM to compensate.

Last edited:

Md Ray

Xbox series x: microsoft decided to go as the strongest console from next generation. They still couldn't show significant software to demonstrate it's power. Still, you can't deny that on paper it has strength to argue.

PS5: while it's GPU spec is lesser than xbox series X, it still has big punch. However, Sony decided to have significant advantage on their io and SSD.

Prior to nvidia show, there were many comments by gamers who preferred PS5 over XSX that the difference is insignificant and that the higher TF of XSX won't show on games. They also argued that advantages of SSD and io will blow XSX (and pc, mind you) out of the water.

Yet, there were many comments even by hardcore Sony fans that they are waiting for the PS5 "pro" to release with increased GPU performance. Adding to the current meltdown and increased posts that compares the new nvidia cards with PS5, it is very clear to me that from start ps5 fans are not satisfied with the GPU performance and can't wait for Sony to upgrade their spec.

giphy.gif

Vognerful

Wow, I was wondering who awaken this thread from its slumber.

I am happy that most of you changed your mind about the power of ps5 and became more satisfied with your future choice. I might buy one when final fantasy is released or when it becomes easily available.

Nevertheless, I see still people are missing the point of this thread but that is expected from neoGAF.

And I hope you guys can get a ps5 before end of the year.

Last edited:

I... huh?

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I am in denial and instead will blame superior preformance of a weaker console on the perception of owners, rather than acknowledge the slew of multiplatform titles that show consistently higher frames on the console.

I will also continue to ignore that Microsoft splitting RAM speeds has essentially hamstrung this console for years.

Fixed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom