• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Death of Uncle Ben

Jooxed

Gold Member

ItqgNOu.jpg

Twitter won.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I probably never had Uncle Ben's in my life, however meh. I am still salty abou Gypsy Sauce.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Not a big change for me, I've already found cheaper (and equally good) alternatives to their products years ago.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Whew, as a vehement racist I never liked the idea of buying rice from a black guy. If chinese peasants didn't die trying to meet regional quotas, I just don't feel like the proper amount of non-white suffering was invested into my food. Thanks Ben's Original, you just got a new customer.

Cravis

Wow. Definitely won’t be buying any of Ben’s. I think of the rat named Ben. Much rather buy rice and think about a homely African-American. Not a rat.

XFgQuqe.jpg

ExpandKong

Banned
Ben’s Original

I am counting the days until I can pick this up at the store, look at the person next to me, say “Hey didn’t this ORIGINALLY have a black grandpa on it?” yeet the box into the next aisle, and Fortnite dance out the front door while everyone applauds because I’m Albert Einstein

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I grew up on uncle Bens. I'm not black. How does removing uncle and his pic make this not racist? Honest question?

As a kid I just thought he was someone's uncle? We have Uncle Charlie sausage near me. He is white though so its ok?

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm curious if the other ones (Aunt Jemima, Lady Butterworth) get a similar minimal make-over to just drop the patronizing(?) honorific or 8f they get totally revamped.

And how the hell has Cracker Jack avoided all this???

I used to be a racist. I used to take packs of uncle Ben's rice home and punch the logo repeatedly. Sometimes stabbing out the eyes or shooting at his stupid black face. Man I hated black people, I wanted them all dead.

Then I saw how rice can change and I thought "rice is white, and so am I. If the rice can change, then maybe there's hope for me yet"

Said no one ever

John Day

So, showing a black man/ black woman in the logo is racist now. Ok, i’ll remind myself to be mad next time.

Ridiculous.

Top Bottom