• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Day Before - Announce Trailer

Inviusx

With all of the attention it's getting that would be pretty bad.

It has all the classic red flags of a game that hasn't even been built yet but the proof of concept has been thrown together in a few months using store bought assets to fleece some investor somewhere.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The-Day-Before-New-screenshot-vehicles.jpg

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Barely any gameplay and begging for likes - yeah that doesn't sound shady at all. Or maybe I don't understand today's marketing.

ClosBSAS

pfff...I AM SO FUCKING IN. Loved Division 1, hated 2....this shit looks lright up my alley. day fucking one.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
pfff...I AM SO FUCKING IN. Loved Division 1, hated 2....this shit looks lright up my alley. day fucking one.

Yeah, it's looking more and more interesting.

My big concern right now is if the game gives you a bunch of interesting choices. The gameplay above seemed a bit linear for an open world MMO. Hoping it's a bit more Rust like.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Is this being released on consoles or is it pc only?
With a game of this potential caliber they could make way more money with a console port.

Looks more boring than than the division.

One question. WHY?
Because we only have a handful of modern MMOs and I think one one of them, aside from this game, has gunplay in it. I, for one, welcome this new generation of MMOs. The genre needs a big revival.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
"open-world MMO survival set in a deadly, post-pandemic America"

Is this a joke? Why would I want to play a simulator?

Nah our situation was more like The Division, and barely at that. We don't have zombies.

SJRB

Gold Member
Every time I see gameplay videos I think "this can't be a real game".

It's such a carbon copy of The Division but with zombies that it almost seems like a mod or something.

Fascinating for sure.

If any, if the next Division doesn't have vehicles it's an automatic fail.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

It's such a carbon copy of The Division but with zombies that it almost seems like a mod or something.

Fascinating for sure.

Does The Division do PvPvE in the main campaign? I thought you had to go to the dark zones (whatever they're called) to initiate PvP.

You don't think this is real?

Fascinating for sure.

Wait, this is real? I just watched the teaser from OP and I couldn't stop laughing. I thought it was a division parody with voice over. Seriously, I thought this was making fun of division.

The whole map was a complete carbon copy. Wow
WfDur0j.gif

Fredrik

Why don't you play multiplayer?
Long story but I guess I’m the typical single player only gamer, gaming is immersion and escapism for me, someone talking or screaming at the other side pops the immersion bubble for me.

I remember stumbling into the online hub in No Man’s Sky after playing a few hundred hours offline escaping into this marvelous space adventure, aliens everywhere, but all these alien species I explored planets to find words to understand suddenly went ”Yo man, I really like this update!” ”Yeah but the framerate sucks ass!”.
Went into the settings and disabled all online features.
Ahhhh. Peace of mind. 😋

Plus, I also want control over my own gaming time, drop in drop out at any time because of kids without anyone going ”nooo just a bit more” at the other side.

N30RYU

FNTASTIC.

Color me impresed if after seing what other TWO games they have done... this turns out to be as promised.

Last edited:
Reminds me a lot of Days Gone that I recently finished and fell in love with. The other trailer in city environment gives strong The Division 1 vibes with Christmas / winter theme. I doubt shooting will be anywhere as good as in The Division but the rest looks promising.

I've added it to my wishlist on Steam and I'm patiently waiting for user reviews.

ksdixon

This game I keep coming back to, keeping tabs on. As TLOU2 Factions still isn't announced, I keep thinking it's no longer going to be 4v4 MP format, but something more akin to Division missions. If you told me this games' initial trailer was a reveal for an open world/mmo/online multiplayer live service game (jesus what is the correct term?) reveal of TLOU2 Factions, I'd have believed ya for sure. Really hope this releases soon, and comes to console.

Anyone else cautiously optimistic for this one?

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
First thoughts:
- terrible narrator with forced, unnatural voice straight from the toilet
- open world + virus - oh, I didn't know what was missing from my life
- empty yabbering just like in TLOU2
- gnawed to the bone setting, dialogues, "story"
- null creativity
- you can interact with other players: meaning they will ruin your experience

NEXT

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Leaning does that in first person games...
LOL no it doesn’t. Leaning in FPS still doesn’t let you turn your head even a few degrees to the left or right much less turn your back or even shift your feet to see another 90 degrees behind you while standing still.

Top Bottom