• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Company Man is an Action Platformer Inspired by The Office

Bullet Club

The Company Man is an Action Platformer Inspired by The Office​

poGCjnW.jpg

Based on streaming statistics it is safe to say that the 2000s comedy series, The Office, is still quite popular around the world. With The Company Man, you can step into the shoes of your favorite salesman as you take control of Jim in The Office-inspired action platformer from publisher Leoful and Malaysian indie studio Forust. While the game is inspired by the beloved sitcom, the similarities seem to end at the corporate backdrop and the name of the main character.

As Jim in The Company Man, you play as a salaryman who is just beginning a new job at Good Water Company. Once starting, you realize that you don't like how the company is run and set out on a mission to become the CEO by any means necessary. You'll have to run, jump and fight your way through seven corporate departments as you work your way to the top of the company to take down the final boss, your literal boss. Each level has a range of difficulties so you can alter the challenge to fit your skill level as you play. The game also offers some relatable wit with its dialogues and coworkers that anyone who's worked in an office setting can relate to. You'll also be able to take quick coffee breaks to reenergize, as it is quite difficult to become the head of a company without a bit of caffeine.

The game also includes some secret gauntlet dungeons hidden around the map where Jim will have to fight off wave after wave of coworkers. These secret dungeons are not all easy to find so you'll have to keep your eyes peeled if you want to find them all.

The Company Man releases worldwide digitally for the Nintendo Switch on January 21 this year for $19.99, but if you can pre-order the game now at a 10% discount. There will also be a physical release for some parts of Asia next week. If you want to see more of the game, you can check out the trailer here or download the free demo that's available in the eShop. There are plans to bring the game to PlayStation and Xbox consoles, but a date has not yet been set.

Source: Respawnstation

2WNlEi6.gif

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I hate how coffee is a huge part of office and American culture. It tastes meh, and people won’t shut up about it. When I saw it as a power up in the game, I decided to give it a pass.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I hate how coffee is a huge part of office and American culture. It tastes meh, and people won’t shut up about it. When I saw it as a power up in the game, I decided to give it a pass.
Coffee is delicious, and you confirmed your user tag in my mind with this comment.

jakinov

How the fuck is this The Office-inspired, lol.
They probably never been to a real office. Watched the office saw the coporate and branch structure. Saw the differnet departments and all the office like things and from seeing it became inspired to create an office game. To be inspired by something doesn't mean what you are creating has to feel and look very close to what inspired you. It just means something gave you the idea.

Top Bottom