• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE COALITION MOVING TO NEXT-GEN DEVELOPMENT, UNREAL ENGINE 5

Comprehension not compression.
Thought I was the only one who caught that. 😂.

everything you’ve written here i true and makes sense, but the fact is still they wouldn’t make that demo solely for the ps5. They’ve even said it would be release at the start of 2021 on pc, but its been delayed. I’ll say because of Covid But who really knows.

put me in the camp of when that tech demo gets released, like every other demo epic has made before it, it will run the same or better on pc. If it doesn’t get released there’s something even more fishy going on.
The demo should be releasing soon, I'd hope. But it is a little fishy that it's been delayed much longer than anticipated. First half of the year is pretty much over, and it was supposed to release in the beginning of 2021... Maybe the payout from Sony to Epic is the sole reason for this, but it can't be delayed forever. Can't wait to test this out for myself though.

I don't want to burst the bubble of some people here, but the demo shown by Epic was to show off asset streaming and the level of detail in any given scene it can create. They chose the PS5 to demo this new tech because its SSD tech is lightyears ahead of any other competition. They said the demo will run on all machines and it will look beautiful nonetheless. It will look best on PS5 though and then scale down depending on IO speed because of the amount of assets needing to be loaded/streamed during the scene.

On top of this, why would Epic lie about this? Their engine is supposed to run on all platforms, and they make money because of being available on all platforms. If Epic would lie about this it would set a terrible precedent and it would be severely bad for their image (e.g. Microsoft can decide not to use the engine on their games), so you can trust them to be honest on this. And if you don't believe what they're saying, it is time to do some actual research into the subject instead of just negating facts because it doesn't suit your opinion.
For the millionth time, can you provide any streaming asset speeds? I/o latency, etc? If you can't provide a lick of info, please refrain from speaking on something none of us have a clue on. Especially when the engineers who created the engine, say otherwise. Where was it started PC and Xbox would need to be downgraded?
Can't wait to prove how a pci 3.0 SSD will have better performance in this demo. I'll even show my results from a pci 4.0 SSD for shits and giggles.

Last edited:
For the millionth time, can you provide any streaming asset speeds? I/o latency, etc? If you can't provide a lick of info, please refrain from speaking on something none of us have a clue on. Especially when the engineers who created the engine, say otherwise.
The engineers, who created the engine, say exactly that it runs best on PS5 because of the console's strength on IO, asset streaming an low latencies. Then again, you can also watch Cerny's road to PS5 where he explains in detail, yet in human understandable language, how and why the PS5's SSD is so fast compared to generic solutions like a PC SSD. Microsoft did some great work as well on XSX with their SSD (also far ahead from pc) even though it doesn't come close to the PS5's. So what I expect to see when the demo is released for all platforms later on is that it looks best on PS5, then Xbox, and then PC, and Switch/mobiles at the bottom.

Sure PC's with 3090's have much higher GPU rendering capabilities, but it's not useful for this demo, because you can't render something that you can not stream in. That is why the demo will actually look worst on PC even though their GPU's are way more powerful than the consoles. I'm sure that if you load in 48GB of asset data taking like a minute or something, on a pc and then let it be rendered by a 3090 it will look better than PS5, but that is not the point of this demo. The point is to show the streaming speed of the assets so you can saturate the RAM at any given moment in a scene. So you can actually render all these assets which you otherwise can not even load in.

Last edited:
The engineers, who created the engine, say exactly that it runs best on PS5 because of the console's strength on IO, asset streaming an low latencies. Then again, you can also watch Cerny's road to PS5 where he explains in detail, yet in human understandable language, how and why the PS5's SSD is so fast compared to generic solutions like a PC SSD. Microsoft did some great work as well on XSX with their SSD (also far ahead from pc) even though it doesn't come close to the PS5's. So what I expect to see when the demo is released for all platforms later on is that it looks best on PS5, then Xbox, and then PC, and Switch/mobiles at the bottom.

Sure PC's with 3090's have much higher GPU rendering capabilities, but it's not useful for this demo, because you can't render something that you can not stream in. That is why the demo will actually look worst on PC even though their GPU's are way more powerful than the consoles. I'm sure that if you load in 48GB of asset data taking like a minute or something, on a pc and then let it be rendered by a 3090 it will look better than PS5, but that is not the point of this demo. The point is to show the streaming speed of the assets so you can saturate the RAM at any given moment in a scene. So you can actually render all these assets which you otherwise can not even load in.
The engineers did not say that. Sweeney did. Only him. No one else. He didn't directly work on the engine, but the engineers on the other hand, directly worked in it. Let's get that part straight.

It's a marketing deal why it was displayed on ps5. You still never showed any i/o requirements. I'm still waiting on that, as well as the multiple people I have directly quoted in this thread. So again, I'm asking you to provide the theoretical speeds of the demo. If you cannot provide that, you have no grounds to claim this, that, and the other.

PC has always been the benchmark for developers, and that gap had only increased more and more as technology progresses. That's no way someone with minimum knowledge on the subject, would sit here with a straight face and lie about a console beating a mid to high end PC in this demo. Even someone who has no knowledge on the subject can easily watch any and every digital foundry or any other comparison, and come to the conclusion on what is the lead platform, every single time.

Last edited:
The engineers did not say that. Sweeney did. Only him. No one else. He didn't directly work on the engine, but the engineers on the other hand, directly worked in it. Let's get that part straight.

It's a marketing deal why it was displayed on ps5. You still never showed any i/o requirements. I'm still waiting on that, as well as the multiple people I have directly quoted in this thread. So again, I'm asking you to provide the theoretical speeds of the demo. If you cannot provide that, you have no grounds to claim this, that, and the other.

PC has always been the benchmark for developers, and that gap had only increased more and more as technology progresses. That's no way someone with minimum knowledge on the subject, would sit here with a straight face and lie about a console beating a mid to high end PC in this demo.

I would be seriously amazed if Sweeney didn't have any input, neither has any knowledge of how the engine works lol. He is like the main engineer here. Saying that it has been a marketing deal why it was displayed on PS5 is just blatantly wrong as well. They showed it on PS5 because of the unique capabilities of the SSD. They could have shown it on other devices sure, but the point is that the demo would look less good, and that will also reflect less good on the UE5. Let me ask you a question, if you would demo a new motorcycle model and it's about the amazing speeds it can reach, and one can drive max 350kp/h and the other 400kp/h, which one would you use for the demo? Certainly not the slower one. Sure the slower one is still better than 99% of the rest but you want to display the best situation possible.

It's amazing that some people just don't understand technology, don't know how it work like, at all and then try to force their opinion on the subject as it is facts. Incredible. Anyways, you would be totally 100% right at any moment in the past, PC's have always easily triumphed on consoles (even completely shit on them last generation) because of their powerful components and everything. Of course you have to pay a much higher price than the consoles to actually outrun them but yes, this always has been the case. Now in this instance though, the situation has changed, at least for the few coming years, because the console manufacturers actually came up with a way to handle IO which pc's can't yet. It's a simple hardware thing and you can't do the same in PC's yet because PC uses standard parts which are not created to run optimised with the other millions of parts you could buy.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Can’t believe people genuinely think that Xbox and pc couldn’t run that unreal engine demo as good as the ps5, if not better.

GG Epic and Sony supported marketing.

Another one that didn’t understand the demo. No it wouldn’t run better if we believe Epic games. This demo wasn’t only about nice graphics or physics, but the I/O speed.

That doesn’t mean a version created for the XSX wouldn’t work.

I would be seriously amazed if Sweeney didn't have any input, neither has any knowledge of how the engine works lol. He is like the main engineer here. Saying that it has been a marketing deal why it was displayed on PS5 is just blatantly wrong as well. They showed it on PS5 because of the unique capabilities of the SSD. They could have shown it on other devices sure, but the point is that the demo would look less good, and that will also reflect less good on the UE5. Let me ask you a question, if you would demo a new motorcycle model and it's about the amazing speeds it can reach, and one can drive max 350kp/h and the other 400kp/h, which one would you use for the demo? Certainly not the slower one. Sure the slower one is still better than 99% of the rest but you want to display the best situation possible.

It's amazing that some people just don't understand technology, don't know how it work like, at all and then try to force their opinion on the subject as it is facts. Incredible. Anyways, you would be totally 100% right at any moment in the past, PC's have always easily triumphed on consoles (even completely shit on them last generation) because of their powerful components and everything. Of course you have to pay a much higher price than the consoles to actually outrun them but yes, this always has been the case. Now in this instance though, the situation has changed, at least for the few coming years, because the console manufacturers actually came up with a way to handle IO which pc's can't yet. It's a simple hardware thing and you can't do the same in PC's yet because PC uses standard parts which are not created to run optimised with the other millions of parts you could buy.
Blah blah blah, you have those receipts yet? The same ones that I've been asking for, this whole time? Was ps5 SSD maxed out for the demo? What was the utilization? Why won't Sweeney directly reply to anyone who asked about PC vs PS5 performance in the demo? Why is that demo delayed on PC? Especially after these marketing deals and everything have surfaced with Sony? Do you not question any of these things? When has console ever came close or even beating a PC in any unreal engine showcase?

Or on the other hand, is it easier just to listen to PR, and soak everything like a sponge 🧽?

Last edited:
Blah blah blah, you have those receipts yet? The same ones that I've been asking for, this whole time? Was ps5 SSD maxed out for the demo? What was the utilization? Why won't Sweeney directly reply to anyone who asked about PC vs PS5 performance in the demo? Why is that demo delayed on PC? Especially after these marketing deals and everything have surfaced with Sony? Do you not question any of these things? One has console ever came close or even beating a PC in any unreal engine showcase?

Or on the other hand, is it easier just to listen to PR, and soak everything like a sponge 🧽?
Oh my, I will just stop replying to you. Sure the questions you ask are also good questions but that doesn't change anything about the end result here. You can be pretty sure they tried to max out everything for the demo. If you have a demo about 1999 graphics vs 2021 graphics you're not going to show 2010 graphics and say, yeah sure it's a nice demo but we totally only used half of our capacity here lol. And think of this, if they did not max out, it would actually look even better in games later on so that counters your whole own narrative here.

Sweeney doesn't reply to everyone, he's a busy man. He already mentioned the demo will run on all devices but best on PS5, then the discussion is closed no? What else does he have to mention about it because people just don't want to accept what you're saying. That's also why this is my last reply to you now because you just choose to ignore everything that has been said by a lot of different official sources but choose to believe completely unfounded conspiracy theories because you don't know the exact utilisation of the SSD for example. Lol who cares about that, it has nothing to do with what's on display here or what has been said.

Good luck with living in your own bubble, and for your sake I hope you are right (but you're totally wrong). If everyone who actually created the engine, the consoles, the IO complex etc. are wrong about this I will happily come back to you and admit you're right (which you are totally not).

What a bunch of nonesense in this thread.
Anyone who thought or said UE5 Engine would not, or could not run on other hardware then PS5 has no idea what hes talking about.

Anyhow what each plattform wlll be able to make out of the UE5 Engine is still up for debate.

As far as I am informed it seems to me that _currently_ a game made with UE5 only for the PS5 would have an much easier time to get more out of it then on other plattforms.
This could obviously change quite fast. PCs naturally evolve faster, however they have a huge variety of differenc specs and only a small percentage is up-to-date.
Therefore its gonna be "harder" to leverage that power if your not aiming at making another Crysis which won't run at a reasonable state on most pcs.

Oh my, I will just stop replying to you. Sure the questions you ask are also good questions but that doesn't change anything about the end result here. You can be pretty sure they tried to max out everything for the demo. If you have a demo about 1999 graphics vs 2021 graphics you're not going to show 2010 graphics and say, yeah sure it's a nice demo but we totally only used half of our capacity here lol. And think of this, if they did not max out, it would actually look even better in games later on so that counters your whole own narrative here.

Sweeney doesn't reply to everyone, he's a busy man. He already mentioned the demo will run on all devices but best on PS5, then the discussion is closed no? What else does he have to mention about it because people just don't want to accept what you're saying. That's also why this is my last reply to you now because you just choose to ignore everything that has been said by a lot of different official sources but choose to believe completely unfounded conspiracy theories because you don't know the exact utilisation of the SSD for example. Lol who cares about that, it has nothing to do with what's on display here or what has been said.

Good luck with living in your own bubble, and for your sake I hope you are right (but you're totally wrong). If everyone who actually created the engine, the consoles, the IO complex etc. are wrong about this I will happily come back to you and admit you're right (which you are totally not).
Sweeney most definitely replied to everyone who asked why question which would make ps5 look like the star of the show. But as soon as he was asked about PC, he wouldn't respond. Unless it was to make pc look bad. You know, the same guy who said consoles would make PC obsolete back in the day, even though his engine ran better on PC. But of course, marketing!

If ps5 i/o wasn't beyond maxed out, you sure are going to look bad when they finally release the demo on PC. Bookmark this post just for future references. I'm going to laugh so hard when all of you guys have to eat crow after being so confident on PR talk, vs the actual engineers who created the demo and engine and have stated it works better on pci 3.0 ssd. A Samsung Evo 970 to be exact with a laptop GPU.

And don't worry, I'm not an asshole, but several people stop responding to me when I corner them with this question. And it's my last time. Please provide i/o speeds, otherwise you are just digging your own grave.

MrLove

Banned
Who the fuck said UE5 is exclusive to Sony? Can somebody show a link or a quote? This is a top tier hallucination.

Also you can play UE5 demo on a smartphone using only youtube, like that Chinese guy playing it on youtube.

And yes, Xbox can scale it down from 20 million polygons per frame to something manageable like 4-5 million polygons per frame to run the same demo.

He was screaming while typing it. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:
I believe the XSX cant streaming kino assets in real time. The i/O complex from XSX is not suitable for it.

Last edited:
Sweeney most definitely replied to everyone who asked why question which would make ps5 look like the star of the show. But as soon as he was asked about PC, he wouldn't respond. Unless it was to make pc look bad. You know, the same guy who said consoles would make PC obsolete back in the day, even though his engine ran better on PC. But of course, marketing!

If ps5 i/o wasn't beyond maxed out, you sure are going to look bad when they finally release the demo on PC. Bookmark this post just for future references. I'm going to laugh so hard when all of you guys have to eat crow after being so confident on PR talk, vs the actual engineers who created the demo and engine and have stated it works better on pci 3.0 ssd. A Samsung Evo 970 to be exact with a laptop GPU.

And don't worry, I'm not an asshole, but several people stop responding to me when I corner them with this question. And it's my last time. Please provide i/o speeds, otherwise you are just digging your own grave.
Ok last reaction here, the demo you saw on the laptop was just a video running and you know it and everyone knows it and it has been confirmed by everyone lol. You are not cornering me with your question as well, we all know the PS5 SSD can reach a theoretical max of 22gb/s, while in actual usage it'll be around 17 because of the new Oodle compression. Xbox will be around 6GB/s max and even that will perform much better than your standard part Samsung EVO, because that disk does not have any custom optimisations to stream data in. Sure it's a fast SSD, but it doesn't do anything only the consoles can do for now. That is the whole point. Sweeney also replied on a post before from someone that says look, this pc SSD is 24GB/s, surely it will run circles around the PS5 SSD, on which Sweeney perfectly replied why this is not the case. There are way more factors than just speed to load in your assets. Every asset your amazing Samsung wants to load in needs to request CPU first, then CPU will work on it and send it on. This step is completely skipped by the consoles. Then there's the matter of hardware decompression of assets and textures. PC can not do this because there are no hardware parts on PC available that do this, it would take a complete I9 cpu to just decompress stuff and even then it's slower because it's done by software.

I could go on here but how about you actually learn on how stuff works :). Your mind will be blown if you actually start to understand how things work.

Last edited:
No. Nick Penwarden the VP of engineering also said it. Here’s one of his articles.

Rewrite specifically for ps5 only? Or just for next gen i/o altogether? You know, moving from the slow ass HDD's from over 10 years ago. SSD's have been in existence for well over 10 plus years now. Just keep my posts bookmarked. You'll be eating crow when the demo releases.

Ok last reaction here, the demo you saw on the laptop was just a video running and you know it and everyone knows it and it has been confirmed by everyone lol. You are not cornering me with your question as well, we all know the PS5 SSD can reach a theoretical max of 22gb/s, while in actual usage it'll be around 17 because of the new Oodle compression. Xbox will be around 6GB/s max and even that will perform much better than your standard part Samsung EVO, because that disk does not have any custom optimisations to stream data in. Sure it's a fast SSD, but it doesn't do anything only the consoles can do for now. That is the whole point. Sweeney also replied on a post before from someone that says look, this pc SSD is 24GB/s, surely it will run circles around the PS5 SSD, on which Sweeney perfectly replied why this is not the case. There are way more factors than just speed to load in your assets. Every asset your amazing Samsung wants to load in needs to request CPU first, then CPU will work on it and send it on. This step is completely skipped by the consoles. Then there's the matter of hardware decompression of assets and textures. PC can not do this because there are no hardware parts on PC available that do this, it would take a complete I9 cpu to just decompress stuff and even then it's slower because it's done by software.

I could go on here but how about you actually learn on how stuff works :). You're mind will be blown if you actually start to understand how things work.
You still don't understand apparently. Until you know what the actual speeds were, the marketing deal (same as last go around), or why Sweeney won't respond directly to questions pertaining to PS5 vs PC performance in the demo, you can kinda figured out where it's going. No matter how hard you fight, you'll never stop the inevitable, which is UE5 demo releasing for PC. When I can run it with better performance on a pci 3.0 SSD better than what has been shown, what will your excuse be? And the demo will release before PC gets directstorage I/O updates. Isn't that crazy that pc won't require that update and will still have better performance?!

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Rewrite specifically for ps5 only? Or just for next gen i/o altogether? You know, moving from the slow ass HDD's from over 10 years ago. SSD's have been in existence for well over 10 plus years now. Just keep my posts bookmarked. You'll be eating crow when the demo releases.
PS5 specifically. (From the article)
It’s so impactful that we’ve rewritten our core I/O subsystems for Unreal Engine with the PlayStation 5 in mind,” he added.

Rewrite specifically for ps5 only? Or just for next gen i/o altogether? You know, moving from the slow ass HDD's from over 10 years ago. SSD's have been in existence for well over 10 plus years now. Just keep my posts bookmarked. You'll be eating cross when the demo releases.

You still don't understand apparently. Until you know what the actual speeds were, the marketing deal (same as last go around), or why Sweeney won't respond directly to questions pertaining to PS5 vs PC performance in the demo, you can kinda figured out where it's going. No matter how hard you fight, you'll never stop the inevitable, which is UE5 demo releasing for PC. When I can run it with better performance on a pci 3.0 SSD better than what has been shown, what will your excuse be? And the demo will release before PC gets directstorage I/O updates. Isn't that crazy that pc won't require that update and will still have better performance?!
That would indeed be completely crazy yes, and that's exactly why it will not happen and you're wrong. You just choose to not understand tech. I wish they released the demo for PC already last year so we don't even have to have this stupid discussion. If it indeed would run better on your under-specced SSD of course I will admit that I'm wrong but we all know that's not going to happen lol. Just being realistic here and not living in my own fantasy world.

guys don't engage with one braindead suspect in here he's rather believe random person then CEO and engineers who made the product this is converse to logic.
The engineers literally went against everything Sweeney said lol! Sweeney doesn't directly work on the engine anymore, he's above all that now. He obviously didn't directly work with the engineers, Epic China, who refuted all his claims. Damage control didn't work out too well for him either.

That would indeed be completely crazy yes, and that's exactly why it will not happen and you're wrong. You just choose to not understand tech. I wish they released the demo for PC already last year so we don't even have to have this stupid discussion. If it indeed would run better on your under-specced SSD of course I will admit that I'm wrong but we all know that's not going to happen lol. Just being realistic here and not living in my own fantasy world.
How are you so sure? Are you calling the creators of the engine, liars? I don't get why you'll believe PR over the guys who created the demo and gave the breakdown of the tech? That makes no sense. It's like me believing a politician over the actual laws they instill. I can't make this up.

The engineers literally went against everything Sweeney said lol! Sweeney doesn't directly work on the engine anymore, he's above all that now. He obviously didn't directly work with the engineers, Epic China, who refuted all his claims. Damage control didn't work out too well for him either.

How are you so sure? Are you calling the creators of the engine, liars? I don't get why you'll believe PR over the guys who created the demo and gave the breakdown of the tech? That makes no sense. It's like me believing a politician over the actual laws they instill. I can't make this up.
No. Nick Penwarden the VP of engineering also said it. Here’s one of his articles.

www.vg247.com

Epic Games had to rewrite parts of Unreal Engine to keep up with the PS5's SSD - VG247

The SSD inside every PS5 is going to be transformative for game development, and the maker of Unreal Engine has seen it firsthand.
www.vg247.com

Did you actually read this article? I don't think so because this is the VP of engineering of Epic refuting exactly your made up facts. How is this guy not banned yet for spreading false information guys?

kuncol02

Banned
PS5 specifically. (From the article)
"Epic goes out of its way to make Sony look like heroes."
Literally anything that Epic says outside of official documentation is worth nothing. Stop listening to marketing bulshit and start thinking.Nanite was created mainly for movies work (consoles don't have enough space to fully utilize nanite). How that would work if they designed that with PS5 hardware and not PC in mind?

www.vg247.com

Epic Games had to rewrite parts of Unreal Engine to keep up with the PS5's SSD - VG247

The SSD inside every PS5 is going to be transformative for game development, and the maker of Unreal Engine has seen it firsthand.
www.vg247.com

Did you actually read this article? I don't think so because this is the VP of engineering of Epic refuting exactly your made up facts. How is this guy not banned yet for spreading false information guys?
So UE5 will only run certain instances on ps5? What is your point exactly? The engine is now being written for modern day SSD's instead of HDD's. That's obvious. Theres no more to take from the article of PR and marketing. Are you implying Epic is now going to only support a single game or two for Sony, and Xbox and PC are going to be the step children?

If you do not understand anything with this demo by now, at least get this. It's a universal engine. More games support unreal engine on PC, than any other platform. Sony can spend as much money as they want with Epic, to make Sony look good (revealed in leaked marketing deals), but they can't sandbag PC performance with the demo. When it releases, I'm specifically going to call you out. I'm going to show you the difference between marketing PR and the reality that we live in.

Literally anything that Epic says outside of official documentation is worth nothing. Stop listening to marketing bulshit and start thinking.Nanite was created mainly for movies work (consoles don't have enough space to fully utilize nanite). How that would work if they designed that with PS5 hardware and not PC in mind?

Yeah because PCs used to create/render movies/series and so on have the same specs as gaming pcs - yez?

They have same architecture. There really is nothing in them that would make them work better in terms of SSD speed and latency than you normal PC.
Bonsaibäumchen Bonsaibäumchen you laugh at this, but what's the difference? More vram, but what else? I know you'll say more cores on the CPU, but the ps5 only had 8mb of cache, while 3700x has 32mb. So what really is the difference here? Should we all laugh at your response too?

So UE5 will only run certain instances on ps5? What is your point exactly? The engine is now being written for modern day SSD's instead of HDD's. That's obvious. Theres no more to take from the article of PR and marketing. Are you implying Epic is now going to only support a single game or two for Sony, and Xbox and PC are going to be the step children?

If you do not understand anything with this demo by now, at least get this. It's a universal engine. More games support unreal engine on PC, than any other platform. Sony can spend as much money as they want with Epic, to make Sony look good (revealed in leaked marketing deals), but they can't sandbag PC performance with the demo. When it releases, I'm specifically going to call you out. I'm going to show you the difference between marketing PR and the reality that we live in.
Everyone knows and says this engine will run on any device imaginable. I said this many times and other people too, you just choose to not read and ignore everything that doesn’t suit you. It will just run better on some machines vs other machines because of some very specific architectural reasons. Ok now I’m really done replying you because you just make up lies on the fly constantly.

bitbydeath

No matter what you want to believe they did it. 8K textures is no easy feat and was obviously not possible via the GPU, so that only leaves one thing. They weren’t lying.

Everyone knows and says this engine will run on any device imaginable. I said this many times and other people too, you just choose to not read and ignore everything that doesn’t suit you. It will just run better on some machines vs other machines because of some very specific architectural reasons. Ok now I’m really done replying you because you just make up lies on the fly constantly.
So the SSD is now a GPU? Ps5 SSD was maxed out, and having the weakest GPU, it can suddenly RENDER more than a basic SSD paired with a GPU with more than 2x the capability, much more bandwidth, way better raytracing, etc? Do you not see where your argument falls flat on it's face? If you need to render the data from the SSD, and the ps5 gpu wasn't utilized more than running fortnite, how much data was being sent to the GPU? Doesn't this seem like a red flag? That means Xbox can run the demo much higher quality, and PC can run the demo even higher than both.

Bonsaibäumchen Bonsaibäumchen you laugh at this, but what's the difference? More vram, but what else? I know you'll say more cores on the CPU, but the ps5 only had 8mb of cache, while 3700x has 32mb. So what really is the difference here? Should we all laugh at your response too?

i'll just leave this here.

PC will always offer more power then consoles, sure.
They will evolve faster then consoles in their eco-system, sure.

I'm not confident though that the average pc specs and capabilites will match those of the current console generation as fast as usually, especially due to the chip shortages that will probably last at least a year probably a lot longer though.

Therefore I am more likely to believe that both XSX and PS5 will outperform most PC Gaming Rigs for a while.

But getting back at your question - The "pc" solutions for TV Stuff are way more capable then PC Gaming systems.
We are talking about Serverfarms working on that stuff, common, its not like they will use ONE workstation to work on a movie or TV Show.
They have completly other specs.

No matter what you want to believe they did it. 8K textures is no easy feat and was obviously not possible via the GPU, so that only leaves one thing. They weren’t lying.
It’s amazing how people ignore things they can see and read with their very own eyes, the cringe and denial in this thread by some people here are even worse than flat earth conspiracy level.

kuncol02

Banned

I'm not confident though that the average pc specs and capabilites will match those of the current console generation as fast as usually, especially due to the chip shortages that will probably last at least a year probably a lot longer though.

Therefore I am more likely to believe that both XSX and PS5 will outperform most PC Gaming Rigs for a while.

But getting back at your question - The "pc" solutions for TV Stuff are way more capable then PC Gaming systems.
We are talking about Serverfarms working on that stuff, common, its not like they will use ONE workstation to work on a movie or TV Show.
Who the fuck is talking about "average" gaming PC there? Not even taking into account that steam survey is biased)

This is where I always laugh at you guys. I don't care about the average PC build. I don't care about game sales, hardware sales, or honestly anything besides what will benefit gaming for myself and friends.

I'm talking about MY PC, and my PC will run that demo much better than we've seen. This is the same for many PC gamers on this forum, as there are more enthusiasts on here than out in the wild. And that doesn't take from the average PC, as they have better specs than the average console owner. No one can argue that, as the average console owner doesn't have a next gen console. (Duh).

So the SSD is now a GPU? Ps5 SSD was maxed out, and having the weakest GPU, it can suddenly RENDER more than a basic SSD paired with a GPU with more than 2x the capability, much more bandwidth, way better raytracing, etc? Do you not see where your argument falls flat on it's face? If you need to render the data from the SSD, and the ps5 gpu wasn't utilized more than running fortnite, how much data was being sent to the GPU? Doesn't this seem like a red flag? That means Xbox can run the demo much higher quality, and PC can run the demo even higher than both.
“Sarcastic thumb up by Jennifer Lawrence”. I’ll speak to you again once you get a basic understanding of tech.

Okay then I don't see any reason to discuss this topic here.
You guys obviously believe you'll get games made from ground up for high-end gaming rigs with the newest features and hardware capatiblites.

If thats what you believe will happen fine.
I won't argue that games made for the very high end pc specs will most likely be able to look and run better on such rigs.

I'm not quite convinced it will happen anytime soon though.

You guys obviously believe you'll get games made from ground up for high-end gaming rigs with the newest features and hardware capatiblites.

I won't argue that games made for the very high end pc specs will most likely be able to look and run better on such rigs.

Games won't be made from the ground up for PC, few developers will go that route. It's not like in the days of Crysis anymore. But ps5 will be the baseline for games going forward. I/O speed will never be the baseline for games, but the GPU on the other hand, will be. Ps5 has the weakest GPU going into this generation, and developers don't give a shit about a better SSD vs a better GPU, as the GPU still needs to be capable of rendering all of that data. You'd be kidding yourself to believe otherwise.

With that being said, PC will still take advantage of better graphical techniques and effects, that may be missing and the console version. Developers always use the PC to show their real ambition and skills, and lower the quality to be playable on console. Not every developer does this, but this is the normal route they take.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
I don't have the patience to read in detail whatever argument you guys are having, but rest assured literally nobody gives a shit.

S0ULZB0URNE

www.vg247.com

www.vg247.com

vUIpKXd.gif

Yeah he can't stop trolling consoles(mainly PS5)

vUIpKXd.gif

Yeah he can't stop trolling consoles(mainly PS5)
Sadly for you, you think telling it like it is, is now considered trolling?! Lol, you must have gotten a participation trophy when younger. I've refuted those claims already, so not sure why you are a backseat cheerleader at the moment? The engineers already refuted everything said. Would you rather hear it from the engineers themselves? Or the PR to follow through with marketing deals, which just so happened to interfere with the engineers and PR, as they said completely different things.

"Do I believe the politician or the actual laws"

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

It can't happen with 3rd party games because of developers still supporting slow/ancient hard drives,cpu's,ram amounts and gpu's on the PC.
When 3rd party games are made on the XSX and PS5 they will be limited because of this.

It can't happen with 3rd party games because of developers still supporting slow/ancient hard drives,cpu's,ram amounts and gpu's on the PC.
When 3rd party games are made on the XSX and PS5 they will be limited because of this.
I agree mostly on this with you. Games that will release on all platforms will be created according to the lowest denominator to work, which strangely enough seeing the history of gaming is the PC now. On the other hand, maybe developers will believe PC architecture will catch up with the times and they'll choose to release their game later on PC. First party games will be looking absolutely unbelievable though, unlike anything we've ever seen.

Top Bottom