• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE COALITION MOVING TO NEXT-GEN DEVELOPMENT, UNREAL ENGINE 5

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Ratchet and Clank is still using traditional LOD system as well, although it looks superior to anything in gaming yet.

Superior to the Marble Demo? ok.
And The Marble Demo is not using 22GB/s of the IO also. Or Metro Enhanced. So should we expect that pc games will push graphics much further then Marble when DX Storage and RTX IO cames?

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
there will never be a thread on ue5 without this continuous indoctrination regarding the ps5 ssd .... but then I say since when the coalition develop for Sony! ??

Last edited:
there will never be a thread on ue5 without this continuous indoctrination regarding the ps5 ssd .... but then I say since coalition develop for Sony! ??
I'll exit now...

ECHYMWL.jpg

sircaw

Banned
when he talk about ps5 he is talking about xsx xss and of course the better machine pc. is just payed pr you get it right ? stop with this embarasing non sense is an insult for everyone that know about tech
Give it a rest Meril.

The xbox console will be able to play that exact ps5 demo unreal engine demo just with inferior settings, you need to accept that.

End of story.

Last edited:
then in the reality we got old gen third party games that can't keep a steady fps or first party that need to internally render at 1080p and upscale.......the gpu guys....the gpu
Well both consoles have their strengths and weaknesses but just posting numbers which are theoretically correct but far from proven in a gaming situation is pure folly.

Didn't take long for the thread to go the shitter and it's all your fault lol
I'm all for discussion. Too bad a certain group of "crips" constantly bumbard the thread. I didn't come in here discussing SSD or ps5. That was your folks.

Ue5 is not synonymous with a certain platform. It's available to all hardware. It's not gonna run worse on more performant hardware. Gpu=/=SSD. But carry on..

I'm all for discussion. Too bad a certain group of "crips" constantly bumbard the thread. I didn't come in here discussing SSD or ps5. That was your folks.

Ue5 is not synonymous with a certain platform. It's available to all hardware. It's not gonna run worse on more performant hardware. Gpu=/=SSD. But carry on..

The second post in the thread was by you and already set of the derailment

Lets call a spade a spade yeah?

The second post in the thread was by you and already set of the derailment

Lets call a spade a spade yeah?
I'm not sure how that derailed the thread? I just called a spade, a spade is all. Several people were under the impression UE5 was exclusive to a certain platform, and no one else. Which couldn't be further from the truth. But I guess a certain group of people felt the need to respond emotionally to my post, which I didn't even mention ps5. Why not blame the posters that responded? That's like blaming your g/f's b/f for cheating on you. He didn't know y'all are together. Long story short, don't blame me.

Last edited:
Ypu
So just like I've been asking others in the thread, can you provide data throughput, latency, etc of the demo for UE5? Because that might be a critical error in your thinking, as you believe in something you don't have factual data on. This ain't Sweeney first shilling rodeo for consoles, and I don't think this is his last one.

It's odd you say PC cannot do those things that ps5 SSD can do, yet it has better performance on every single game in existence on both performs. You can say is because there are no games built for it, but there is also no proof from you, nor others as to what asset streaming speeds you need for the demo, why ps5 has framedrops with it's uber fast SSD, etc.

I just hope everyone has their expectations set, so when they realize SSD=/=GPU, SSD=/=second gpu, SSD can't bypass the GPU, therefore GPU doesn't have to render a scene. You can't just throw data at the GPU, and expect "fast ssd=fast rendering". If you believe you can do this, then....
MJylT4k.png
You can see the proof already with games like Ratchet and Clank, Demon Souls and Returnal. There is not a single game on any other platform that comes close to the level of detail and loading speeds as those ones. Besides that, they are not even use UE5 or other highly optimized engines yet to stream in the data as it is supposed to. I’m sure you will be blown away how games will look a few years from now. Your point of criticism on Sweeney, I don’t know if it’s valid. Last generation they showed a UE4 demo that everyone said would never be reached graphically, yet almost every game looks better than that demo now. I believe games can look at least as good as the UE5 demo on ps5, but it all depends on budget of the developers. It must be a huge money sink to create such detailed assets for everything.

Ypu

You can see the proof already with games like Ratchet and Clank, Demon Souls and Returnal. There is not a single game on any other platform that comes close to the level of detail and loading speeds as those ones. Besides that, they are not even use UE5 or other highly optimized engines yet to stream in the data as it is supposed to. I’m sure you will be blown away how games will look a few years from now. Your point of criticism on Sweeney, I don’t know if it’s valid. Last generation they showed a UE4 demo that everyone said would never be reached graphically, yet almost every game looks better than that demo now. I believe games can look at least as good as the UE5 demo on ps5, but it all depends on budget of the developers. It must be a huge money sink to create such detailed assets for everything.
I'm not sure why y'all think that's not possible on xsx, or PC for that matter. I'm not sure why y'all need to boost yourselves up, just to get let down? It happens every single generation. Let people have their fun, and curb your expectations. I'm sure you already been hurt from every benchmark of this year. And before you respond with some weird blow to Xbox, just know that I'm a PC gamer. So idgaf about console wars.

Ue5 is possible on all consoles. Can't wait to see what the next game in store brings. Hopefully they don't try to amp up SSD and make it into a game with stupid gimmicks that don't help with immersion of the games.

Ok.

Graphics and tech have never been a problem with them. Gears 4 and 5 look and run amazing on all Xbox consoles.

They just feel stale as actual games.

Theoretical.
Theoretical, and probably not a constant speed, but probably often enough to be useful in a lot of situations. 22
I'm not sure why y'all think that's not possible on xsx, or PC for that matter. I'm not sure why y'all need to boost yourselves up, just to get let down? It happens every single generation. Let people have their fun, and curb your expectations. I'm sure you already been hurt from every benchmark of this year. And before you respond with some weird blow to Xbox, just know that I'm a PC gamer. So idgaf about console wars.

Ue5 is possible on all consoles. Can't wait to see what the next game in store brings. Hopefully they don't try to amp up SSD and make it into a game with stupid gimmicks that don't help with immersion of the games.
im sure Demons Souls will work
with much more ram so you don’t have to stream in so much, but reloading after dying will not be as quick. Ratchet and Clank is easily to see why it’s impossible on other devices the way it works, sure if you don’t need the near instant level changing then also you can show the same things on other devices.

The point is that the way it is done now, can not be done on other devices in the same speed, which transforms gameplay feel. It really feels like you are playing cartridge based games again which is just too good.

Just so you all know, I’m not a PS fanboy, just being realistic here. I actually spend most of my time playing pc games because I like management games and simulations and consoles are severely lacking with game selection on that area.

I also own or owned nearly every imaginable console except for Xbox One, and XSX. I did not buy the XSX not because the console is not good but because you can literally play every game released on that platform on either PC or PlayStation.

pasterpl

flight simulator 2020 - level of detail, loading speeds I think that re8 actually loads faster on ps5 than titles you Have listed

Give it a rest Meril.

The xbox console will be able to play that exact ps5 demo unreal engine demo just with inferior settings, you need to accept that.

End of story.
And you know this how?

I'm not sure how that derailed the thread? I just called a spade, a spade is all. Several people were under the impression UE5 was exclusive to a certain platform, and no one else. Which couldn't be further from the truth. But I guess a certain group of people felt the need to respond emotionally to my post, which I didn't even mention ps5. Why not blame the posters that responded? That's like blaming your g/f's b/f for cheating on you. He didn't know y'all are together. Long story short, don't blame me.

No one has said UE5 was exclusive to a certain platform. They didn't back then, and they didn't in this thread.

Lets just agree to call the platform you were talking about the PS5. You know it. I know it. No point trying to hide it.

I'll give all the posters who responded to you a slap on the wrist, but you my friend, the instigator, deserve a spanking on the butt

Last edited:

Termite

I like this kind of communication from a studio.

"Here's what we've been doing, this is what we're doing now (switching engines), and here's when you can expect to see a new reveal from us (not for years)."

It means that people won't get upset at e3, and when fans say "Hey, what's X dev up to" others can just say "see this quote" and that settles it. More devs should be this open about where they're at in the dev cycle.

flight simulator 2020 - level of detail, loading speeds I think that re8 actually loads faster on ps5 than titles you Have listed

And you know this how?
Does FS2020 load in 2 to 4 seconds? But yes, it’s a beautiful game. That’s also what I mentioned, sure there can be more beautiful looking games for now, but in combination with the load speeds etc there are no comparisons is what I mentioned. Good point about RE8, you can see how much faster it loads on ps5 than anywhere else and that’s not even optimized yet, using an old engine.

Codes 208

Oh no. How dare you people discuss Unreal Engine on a Unreal Engine thread...
This wasn’t meant to be a thread about unreal itself but how a developer has swapped up to the new engine and then it immediately got derailed into another console warring thread.

pretty much the status quo these days.

technically speaking this should be a Gears thread.

S0ULZB0URNE

Not gonna lie, but if I was as triggered as you get in these kinda threads, id understand your sentiment. But too bad, I don't. Btw I looked up console warrior, ironically it was the first meme that popped up. Ironic huh?
You can't help yourself to troll with all of your console butt hurt insecurities. At least most of the PC gamers i know game on all devices and usually have a Switch and the latest PlayStation on the side... but you are dedicated!

Last edited:
You can't help yourself to troll with all of your console butt hurt insecurities. At least most of the PC gamers i know game on all devices and usually have a Switch and the latest PlayStation on the side... but you are dedicated!
Have a switch actually, not a "PCMR" fan, etc. At least get one thing right about me. It's easier and less fatiguing to play my games on PC. Does anyone own a high end gun, but prefer to carry a highpoint for personal protection/carry? Didn't think so.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Have a switch actually, not a "PCMR" fan, etc. At least get one thing right about me. It's easier and less fatiguing to play my games on PC. Does anyone own a high end gun, but prefer to carry a highpoint for personal protection/carry? Didn't think so.
You are worse than a typical PCMR fan.
To the last part of your post... PS5 shoot's a sexier and faster bullet out of a better,more popular gun.

I wanna see receipts. Nobody on gaf has said this engine is exclusive to ps5. Sounds like you were playing the victim with made up facts.

You are worse than a typical PCMR fan.
To the last part of your post... PS5 shoot's a sexier and faster bullet out of a better,more popular gun.
Again, not PCMR. Can't say that you aren't the biggest console warrior though. Keep it up though. Pretty sure theres some rich person somewhere, who'd prefer to be a console warrior like you at the end of the day. Again, keep on reaching, and you'll get there. Anything else to add to the topic at hand on the other hand? If not, you can ignore or stop quoting me, before you give yourself a heart attack.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Again, not PCMR. Can't say that you aren't the biggest console warrior though. Keep it up though. Pretty sure theres some rich person somewhere, who'd prefer to be a console warrior like you at the end of the day. Again, keep on reaching, and you'll get there. Anything else to add to the topic at hand on the other hand? If not, you can ignore or stop calling me, before you give yourself a heart attack.
I am a actual multi-format gamer who's been doing this for a long time and can read your type like a book.

You added what exactly to the topic?

You can ignore me if need be.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
This wasn’t meant to be a thread about unreal itself but how a developer has swapped up to the new engine and then it immediately got derailed into another console warring thread.

pretty much the status quo these days.

technically speaking this should be a Gears thread.
Gears will come to XSX and PC so how both platforms will perform with the engine matters.

ethomaz

Banned
I don't understand why Sony would show off unreal 5 with the ps5 if virtually none of their big studios use the engine, unlike Microsoft.
Because 3rd-party uses it to develop on PS5.
Plus Epic is doing optimizations code path to take use of PS5 arch.

Btw, does UE5 = Nanite + Lumen?
Does every project announced using the engine necessarily use these two features?
They are options to devs.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

yes by Sweeney.with an embarrassing excuse..who i don't trust not even a bit. so no not for me. As if he had never lied. in any case, everyone is free to think as he wants
Do you really believe it could run on a laptop when the NVIDIA marble demo barely runs on a 3080?

Dr Bass

yes by Sweeney.with an embarrassing excuse..who i don't trust not even a bit. so no not for me. As if he had never lied. in any case, everyone is free to think as he wants
Sweeney pointing out the laptop was playing a video and not the actual demo is an "embarrassing excuse" in your book?

Wtf qualifies as a "reason" then?

Derktron

Banned
Friendly reminder the fanboys of Twitter claim that Xbox can't run Unreal Engine 5 because of the tech demo Epic Games released that "ran" on PS5.

I am a actual multi-format gamer who's been doing this for a long time and can read your type like a book.

You added what exactly to the topic?

You can ignore me if need be.
Much more than you. Unlike you, I'm actually having discussions. Not just pointing a finger, and foolishly assuming, stupid and outright wrong assumptions. I've only ignored one person on this site, no need to add another. I just ask for you to bring some tangible or constructive argument next time you quote me. Otherwise I'm wasting more responding to you, than you are to me.

Top Bottom