• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Chicago Code-Season 1-Creator Shawn Ryan (Shield)-Fox Mondays 9/8c-Starts Feb 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.
xxracerxx said:
Full season as in a full season of 22 - 26 episodes with it being on one of the larger networks and not on FX or the like.

A show that debuts at mid season won't be extended to 22 episodes, they never are.

Iceman

road house said:
yea no kidding , she must be like a college student or something

Shes supposed to be 27 or 28 iirc.

My concern is that this reltionship will have no impact on the day to day corruption war.. Of course (1) shawn ryan has already handled the interplay of a messed up home life with ongoing police work and related shenanigans in the shield so i trust that he has a master plan.. and (2) this situation is ripe for exploition, however weak it may appear, i.e. to reveal the morally hypocritical nature of the corruption witch hunt.

Some network shows are skipping a week here and there so that they can have a full run during May sweeps. There are lots of holes in the schedule this March and April.

TripOpt55

I just watched last week's. That was a really good episode. I also laughed a few times. There were actual some funny moments sprinkled in.

Meier

A little bit behind on the DVR so finally watching the most recent episode.. holy SHIT at Gibbons' set up of Liam. Damn, cold blooded!

New episode tonight:
Wild Onions

The police department battles escalating violence during record-breaking summer heat; Teresa finds herself back in the field; a boy witnesses his father being killed.

big ander

Best standalone episode the show has done so far. Didn't have any complaints, and there were so many little things that I loved (like Issac's flashback). As the AV club review points out, Liam still isn't a very convincing character, but whatever. The Jarek/Caleb and Teresa stories were awesome.

I've only dropped into the show once or twice. Each time I've been turned off within two minutes by strange accents from the leads and seemingly endless Chicago sports references.

I should give it an actual shot sometime, if only for the "ooh purdy it's shot here" factor." I'm also on s2 of Shield and loving it, so there's that too.

Question regarding Vonda and Isaac: Doesn't the pilot imply (or even state plainly) that they're already hooking up? I was confused tonight when they got together for seemingly the first time.

I noticed this during the episode, then Dan brought it up on twitter and the AV Club review mentions it, too.

ivysaur12

Banned
Cornballer said:
Question regarding Vonda and Isaac: Doesn't the pilot imply (or even state plainly) that they're already hooking up? I was confused tonight when they got together for seemingly the first time.

I noticed this during the episode, then Dan brought it up on twitter and the AV Club review mentions it, too.

I was very, very confused about this. Not to mention that they are probably the most useless characters on the show.

Zoe

Cornballer said:

I think in an earlier episode they were about to go on something that looked like a date, but then she took the fall for the other guy and they never did it.

ivysaur12 said:
I don't know, I wasn't feeling this episode. Can't put my finger on it.
Really?

It was probably my favorite episode of the series so far. Either way, the show still has a long way to go before I'd consider it anything other than a middling diversion. It's certainly not appointment television.

After watching the latest episode, I think I'm done with this show. Not that this episode was especially bad, but I only kept watching the show in hopes that it will get better, but the story has been building way too slow. Nothing of overall consequence has happened since the earlier episodes. And even without all that time spent not developing the main plot, we haven't learned anything new about the characters that we already didn't know by the 3rd episode.

Also, the romantic relationship between the two other cops is sooo boring.

I'm going to keep watching (nothing else I like on Mondays but United States of Tara) but I certainly can't blame alex chilton (or anyone else) for giving up on it. It's moving way too slow. I understand it's mostly a procedural, but that's still no excuse for the fact that nothing is really happening. When your show has less plot momentum than Bones (my favorite procedural), you have a problem.

big ander

Ashhong said:
I havent checked this show out yet. How does it compare to Southland? (my current favorite police show)
Southland had the benefit of that tight 7 episode first season, and now after its third it's been consistently great. If we were to compare each show 2/3rds of the way into their first season, they'd be about even. But who knows where this show will go.

Ashhong

big ander said:
Southland had the benefit of that tight 7 episode first season, and now after its third it's been consistently great. If we were to compare each show 2/3rds of the way into their first season, they'd be about even. But who knows where this show will go.

damn, I think you watch more TV than me, which is unfathomable. I see you in every thread
KuGsj.gif
Thanks for the tip though, I guess I'll check this out.

big ander

Ashhong said:
damn, I think you watch more TV than me, which is unfathomable. I see you in every thread
KuGsj.gif
Thanks for the tip though, I guess I'll check this out.
I watch a lot and it's still not enough.

New episode tonight:
St. Valentine's Day Massacre

After five merchants are shot in a restaurant, Superintendent Colvin is blamed for the city's escalating crime problem; Vonda and Isaac revisit a domestic violence case.

shantyman said:
Did you guys think The Wire was slow too? WTF

I'm not sure what your point is. The Wire is the best television show ever. The Chicago Code is the 3rd or 4th best show on Fox right now. Why even make a Wire comparison?

Squalltdx

I haven't really been paying attention with the status/ratings of this show lately, so I'm not too aware if things have improved. After tonights episode when they showed the preview they said final 4 episodes. I have no idea if they meant for the season or not. I really hope Fox doesn't axe it because this show has some really good potential. With Fringe and Bob's Burgers renewed they might as well make it 3/3 on my personal list (crosses fingers)

Squalltdx said:
I haven't really been paying attention with the status/ratings of this show lately, so I'm not too aware if things have improved. After tonights episode when they showed the preview they said final 4 episodes. I have no idea if they meant for the season or not. I really hope Fox doesn't axe it because this show has some really good potential. With Fringe and Bob's Burgers renewed they might as well make it 3/3 on my personal list (crosses fingers)

Agreed. I'm enjoying this quite a bit. As far as new shows so far:

1. Bob's Burgers
2. Chicago Code

they're the most noteworthy for me. Game of Thrones has potential, but damn I dropped the Killing. Can't stand it anymore. Chicago Code is pretty fun though. Jarek and Caleb really carry it.

big ander

Good episode. Probably the first great episode that's been without Gibbons. Liam was gone too. Huh.

Teresa's an awesome character and her and Jarek and Caleb all had awesome stuff to do tonight. The media was believably antagonistic and retarded and an excellent foe. Still loving their stories.

Vonda and Issac are more and more boring each episode, but Cathy Ryan as the malicious heat-packing prosecutor was an excellent role.
Darkener2 said:
Did I miss something?...
new mayor?!
Huh? Are you mixing up the mayor and Alderman Gibbons?

Good stuff tonight. Voodoo Tatum from FNL as the brother, too. The chase scenes are very well shot on this show - lots of fun watching them when they happen. Nice watching a network show with a high budget to go along with some well drawn characters.

- Sepinwall
- Onion A|V Club

Gamer98

Banned
Enjoyed the episode did not really care for the part about the two other cops being sued. It kinda seemed like they deserved it.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Cornballer said:

There was a scene of them making out that was cut from the pilot.

Hey You

Excellent Episode. One of the top ones definitely for me.

4 Episodes left of this season or the series?

I'm really enjoying this show, I hope it goes for more seasons.

Cornballer said:
Good stuff tonight. Voodoo Tatum from FNL as the brother, too. The chase scenes are very well shot on this show - lots of fun watching them when they happen. Nice watching a network show with a high budget to go along with some well drawn characters.

- Sepinwall
- Onion A|V Club
The trick? The cameras never stop moving. Amazing what that does for a chase scene!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom