• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Chicago Code-Season 1-Creator Shawn Ryan (Shield)-Fox Mondays 9/8c-Starts Feb 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

big ander said:
I have a hard time believing that “Liam” has been posing as a wastrel (with a different name, no less) in front of his family;

I didn't get that all. To me it seemed like his family thought he was a deadbeat who didn't hold a job and was no longer visiting them (remember they had big family gatherings).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Decent ending to the series and as much as I saw the twist coming, I didn't mind where it went. I honestly expected something on much darker like Jarek shooting Gibbons in the head or some such anyway.

Overall though, the series was a fairly big downgrade from Terriers. It's still better than a lot of cop shows, but Ryan was right when he said he shouldn't have been wishy-washy with the continuity. Instead of being a simplified version of The Wire, it probably might have even reached that ambition.

If nothing else, they could have got rid of that shitty environmentalist episode and the equally bad Chinatown episode.

I hope Ryan continues to get shows made at his new gig with Sony though.

big ander

metsallica said:
Both Shazam and Midomi came up empty. Created for the show?
Looks like Shawn Ryan tweeted it: "I Dream of Chicago" by Parlours
I tried Shazam also and it didn't work. Weird.
Zoe said:
I didn't get that all. To me it seemed like his family thought he was a deadbeat who didn't hold a job and was no longer visiting them (remember they had big family gatherings).
Right, that complaint doesn't make sense. It's plausible that Liam/Chris just stayed away from his family mostly and made them think he was in with some criminals without getting them to the point where they were investigating his life.

Good finish to a decent tv show. It never hit the heights I would have liked, but I do think it had some potential. Here's hoping that Shawn Ryan digs into something good on his next gig.

Hey You

Gah, I wish there were more seasons. This show still had some much potential IMO.

When I saw Gibbons in Jail, I thought "he won't be there for long", I'm sure somehow he would have gotten out.

TripOpt55

Just watched. Great finale. I really liked it. I would have liked to have seen more of this show. I think it had some potential even if it wasn't quite great during this season. Loved the last two episodes though. They were really good.

Just caught up on the finale, I thought it was a very fitting ending. I have to say that although I know some people weren't huge fans of his, I think what sticks out most for me on this show was Jason Clarke. I really loved his performance on this show and thought his performance in the finale was great. Ends up working really well as a miniseries I think.

Also, this song at the end was perfect:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jDJ_r0qS04

Yeah Jason Clarke was the best thing about it for me. He was really good in Brotherhood too, I hope he continues to keep getting roles.

His new film coming up sounds amazing with such a stacked cast.

goodcow

Disappointed that the show has been cancelled, as it finally seemed to be getting into its groove, but I have to admit, the lack of serialization and some subpar writing, along with the low ratings, doesn't make me surprised. I'm curious what the budget per episode was vs. that of The Shield on FX. They really should've focused more on the entire Gibbons arc all season. I hope somehow FX can pick this up for a second season. Ending song was perfect too.

Mr. Paer said:
I really don't think there is any evidence to support them rereleasing the series for a cheaper price. I guess it's possible but there is nothing but flimsy speculation to support it.

That being said, The Shield is worth twice the asking price, easily. If you are enjoying The Chicago Code then you will probably be blown away by The Shield. Even the first season completely destroys anything TCC has offered so far (even though I'm thoroughly enjoying the one season we're getting :/)

Bottom line is that The Shield is one of the best things to ever happen to television and you shouldn't put off watching it because of potentially being able to save thirty bucks in several months/years

Also once you do get it... holy FUCK prepare for some madness. If only I could watch the series again for the first time
Took your advice, sir! Got my set last week, will begin watching soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom