• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Callisto Protocol is “AAAA” and Still Coming Late 2022 Says Krafton

"The Callisto Protocol, the new Dead-Space-esque horror game from Glen Schofield’s Krafton-backed studio Striking Distance, is one of the biggest question marks on the near horizon. While the game is officially slated for 2022, we’ve seen almost nothing of it, so could it be slipping to 2023 like so many other big titles?

Well, according to Krafton’s latest Investor Relations briefing, it seems that isn’t the case. Not only does Krafton insist the game is still coming in the latter half of 2022, but they’re making some big boasts about its “AAAA” quality. You can check out the key slide from Krafton’s presentation below, which also includes some information on Project M, the new turn-based strategy game from Unknown Worlds."

xjJnvFP.jpg

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Guys, it's rare that I get hyped for a game. Rarely buy games Day 1. This game has me hyped. The pedigree, the budget, the philosophy of the creators towards it...I can't help it. Getting hyped. Dead Space is one of my favorite games of all time. I even liked Glen's Call of Duty games. Why shouldn't I be excited about this?

kingfey

Banned
but Striking Distance is a new studio led by 1-2 creator >_>
Not filled with mega talents like the initiative.
The initiative mistake was grouping tons of high profile talented people under 1 roof. That is a big mistake for a new company, with no restructure set in place.

kikkis

While I probably will get the game at a discount, it kind of highlights the potential problem with the game. Is single player scifi horror game going to be generate enough revenue to be viable? Sure if it will get lots of buzz on neogaf if reviews well but it remains to be seen how well will market respond.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

"The Callisto Protocol, the new Dead-Space-esque horror game from Glen Schofield’s Krafton-backed studio Striking Distance, is one of the biggest question marks on the near horizon. While the game is officially slated for 2022, we’ve seen almost nothing of it, so could it be slipping to 2023 like so many other big titles?

Well, according to Krafton’s latest Investor Relations briefing, it seems that isn’t the case. Not only does Krafton insist the game is still coming in the latter half of 2022, but they’re making some big boasts about its “AAAA” quality. You can check out the key slide from Krafton’s presentation below, which also includes some information on Project M, the new turn-based strategy game from Unknown Worlds."

xjJnvFP.jpg
"AAAA"

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Reaction GIF

Wohc

Banned
AAAA? Sure, i bet they won't even spent on third of the amount Sony spends on marketing their big AAA games.

Great ,even more desperate devs are now using the term loosely like it is an indicator of anything. The Initiative used the term once in a hiring pitch to attract talent and now everyone seems to have taken the moniker far too seriously. Why don't some of those clowns slow down a bit and see how their games are received first before jumping the gun and using a term loosely.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Great ,even more desperate devs are now using the term loosely like it is an indicator of anything. The Initiative used the term once in a hiring pitch to attract talent and now everyone seems to have taken the moniker far too seriously. Why don't some of those clowns slow down a bit and see how their games are received first before jumping the gun and using a term loosely.
Correction: it wasn't a one-time thing and it wasn't just for attracting talent. It was set as their "goal."

BeHqOJZ.jpg

They’ll probably want to create some hype by showing gameplay before officially delaying the game. That will calm down the shareholders / investors who’ll have to pay for it…

Top Bottom