• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Boys – Season 3 Trailer

I'm sure it'll come about, previous seasons had a decent mix, hell one of the best scenes from Season 1 was the face sitting kill, ....and I've wanted to go out like that since then.
That girl who did the face sitting was FINNNEEEE as all hell. If I had a choice to die, it would be that same Actress from that screen doing that to me lol

As for the female nudity I hope your right lol

jason10mm

Gold Member
Still find it crazy people say this show has an agenda when they had that whole "inclusion Land" theme park with "Woke Wok" and "LGBTurkey" 😂😂😂
I read that as most condemnation of the usual corporate Pride Month "slap a rainbow sticker on your window but do nothing else" type thing rather than actual mockery of LGB stuff.

The show most definitely toasts right leaning/conservative views in a far more direct way and without the internal mini discussion like A-train had with his brother that allowed a "both sides" moment.

The show deals SO MUCH with human depravity its hard to really care what political stance they lean since it's often drowned out by sheer psychopathic spectacle, but you can't say with a straight face that the show equally balances its attention.

YCoCg

The show most definitely toasts right leaning/conservative views in a far more direct way and without the internal mini discussion like A-train had with his brother that allowed a "both sides" moment.
I'd say that's because the "Right" are more easily to be direct about where as there mocking of the "Left" does have direct moments but the shows does it in a much more subtle way, ESPECIALLY when it comes to fake outrage/fake progressives/corporations, etc, how many other TV shows out there actually acknowledge stuff like the left being easy to manipulate as long as you use a good campaign and the right buzzwords, or how most corporations just hijack left ideals to make money off them whilst supporting the right? Even the stuff with A-Train once again isn't both siding, he's looking for something to represent to further his position.

Anyway, in case people don't know there's a YouTube channel under the name of "Vought International" by the showmakers that's been uploading full and extended versions of the in universe TV shows/news segments/Trailers, including this gem:

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
I read that as most condemnation of the usual corporate Pride Month "slap a rainbow sticker on your window but do nothing else" type thing rather than actual mockery of LGB stuff.

The show deals SO MUCH with human depravity its hard to really care what political stance they lean since it's often drowned out by sheer psychopathic spectacle, but you can't say with a straight face that the show equally balances its attention.
Nah, your skin is just extra thin.

pramod

Banned
One small complaint I have is I don't understand what exactly are they doing with A-Train? I hope they're not trying to set up some sort of "redemption" arc for him, because he's too far gone and has been too much of a shitty person, it's not going to work.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Still very weak. Even more so when A-Train’s concern now seems legitimate.

The show is obviously pointing at the fake af woke pr that we’ve seen for years been lauded and applauded by the left - heck it was even demanded that companies do this theater (see the events surrounding the death of Floyd).

As for atrain, he’s become the parody of every celeb poc who doesn’t give a damn about their people except as a way to improve marketability and only is looking like he cares when his own family gets killed.

So yeah the show is pointing and making fun of “both sides”,

And btw, finishing the events with the PR about an “antifa” attack was chefs kiss.

One small complaint I have is I don't understand what exactly are they doing with A-Train? I hope they're not trying to set up some sort of "redemption" arc for him, because he's too far gone and has been too much of a shitty person, it's not going to work.
They're setting up 'sacrificial death' flags. My theory is that Atrain is going to use his full speed one last time to finally, finally step up and help against Homelander, and his heart will literally explode right afterwards. Unless they stretch his arc out to two seasons, I'm calling it that this will be his final one. Unfortunately, there probably has to be one last thing to push him over the edge to be on The Boys' side. I don't know what it will be but whatever it is, it could end up being really dark.

Majukun

caught up with the new season.
during it i was sure the boyband guy helping starlight was gonna betray her and instead he ended up the first surprise pile of guts
frenchie and himiko were firing glowing "one of us is gonna die" flares into the sky the whole season, ut for now they only "almost" died

in general i'm really liking this new season..much more eventful than the previous one which was a bit light in terms of threads to weave the plot

pramod

Banned
They're setting up 'sacrificial death' flags. My theory is that Atrain is going to use his full speed one last time to finally, finally step up and help against Homelander, and his heart will literally explode right afterwards. Unless they stretch his arc out to two seasons, I'm calling it that this will be his final one. Unfortunately, there probably has to be one last thing to push him over the edge to be on The Boys' side. I don't know what it will be but whatever it is, it could end up being really dark.
If he does join the Boys to help bring down Homelander, it'll probably be done out of self-interest and not because he wants to be a good guy.

Last edited:

Majukun

Let's not forget the constant male nudity but no female nudity.
that's something i noticed as well..not that i particularly care..but when the first scene in the season includes full penis with zoom on urethra (although i doubt women would find it appealing as well, or do they?), meanwhile on the deep sex scene the tits of the wife gets covered as fast as possible, the different treatment is there

Banjo64

cumsessed
This season is pure fire. The fact that they only have to recreate real life situations to have perfect comedy is hilarious. Both the left and right taking an absolute battering :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Banjo64

cumsessed
that's something i noticed as well..not that i particularly care..but when the first scene in the season includes full penis with zoom on urethra (although i doubt women would find it appealing as well, or do they?), meanwhile on the deep sex scene the tits of the wife gets covered as fast as possible, the different treatment is there
Yeah let’s not forget that the actors and actresses have a say in what they show on screen though. I don’t blame a woman for not wanting to go topless as it will effect future work streams possibly.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I'd say that's because the "Right" are more easily to be direct about where as there mocking of the "Left" does have direct moments but the shows does it in a much more subtle way, ESPECIALLY when it comes to fake outrage/fake progressives/corporations, etc, how many other TV shows out there actually acknowledge stuff like the left being easy to manipulate as long as you use a good campaign and the right buzzwords, or how most corporations just hijack left ideals to make money off them whilst supporting the right? Even the stuff with A-Train once again isn't both siding, he's looking for something to represent to further his position.

Anyway, in case people don't know there's a YouTube channel under the name of "Vought International" by the showmakers that's been uploading full and extended versions of the in universe TV shows/news segments/Trailers, including this gem:

Just watched that video. Is this what having a stroke feels like?

Last edited:
If he does join the Boys to help bring down Homelander, it'll probably be done out of self-interest and not because he wants to be a good guy.
Of course. I'm not saying he's going to join the team, I'm saying he will be pushed so far over the edge that for a small fraction of time he will finally confront Homelander. Knowing this show, it will be a coincidence and that fraction of time will just line up with the moment when The Boys will make their move.

MastaKiiLA

Why oh why is A-Train suck a huge bitch? Starlight calling him a coward made me smile. I'm not even expecting a redemption arc for him, because I feel like this is the kinda show that will let a character like that die in the most bitchmade way possible.

Anyway, I don't know how I feel about the Temp V stuff. They're clearly all going to start using it, and I worry we'll lose some of that critical underdog dynamic that makes the anti-hero antiheros relatable.

jason10mm

Gold Member
What was supersonics power, anyway? And why is black noir always so marginalized? I'm miffed that the one time The Seven actually had a job to do (exploding supe in manhattan) they didn't even show up. And I wish the show had the balls to make Blue Hawk an Asian woman or something just to disrupt the narrative a teensy little bit.

UnNamed

Banned
I have mixed feeling about this season.

It's still a good product, with lot of references, and I like how the show targets everyone, sometime it's like Southpark but in live action.

But some plots seem to have underwhelming ending

Stormfront... well, let her die offscreen at this point.

I don't like the story arc of Victoria, she could have been the villain of this season, a sort of a third pillar, it turns out she was just another character related to Vaught. Meh;

The Vaught... really? They seemed to be the untouchable masterminds, now they are useless. I know writers want to make Vaught a company ran by idiots this season, but I'm still disappointed.

Finally, Black Noir... so, he is just another guy? I've been expecting more considering the comics. We'll see.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

So many exploding people. Damn. Just caught up thru episode 5. I don't know but Anthony Starr should get nominated for an Emmy. His portrayal of homelander is amazing.

Is he the best villian in TV right now? Got to be up there.

Lunarorbit

I thought he'll fight blue hawk especially after what he did to his brother.

The boys is the bizarro game of thrones with nudity. Lots of butts and several penii. Equal opportunity nudity. They'll never beat America's Ass from marvel but it's good more dick is out there. Moar boobies would be appreciated though.

Saw the latest episode. 9/10 for me.

- Great start with the parody of that cringe video celebs sent out during covid
- Herogasm was underwhelming from all the hype they were creating online. It was fine but not amazing.
- The fight between
butcher/hughie/soldier boy vs Homelander was great. Still I don't think butcher/hughie would be able to actually hurt homelander.
- Can't wait to see what black noir is up to.

Methos#1975

I thought he'll fight blue hawk especially after what he did to his brother.

The boys is the bizarro game of thrones with nudity. Lots of butts and several penii. Equal opportunity nudity. They'll never beat America's Ass from marvel but it's good more dick is out there. Moar boobies would be appreciated though.
They answered that this week

Majukun

another good episode and they are still managing to juggle quite a lot of threads at the same time, and I llike that.
still not sure where this neckbreak pace will lead the story...

UnNamed

Banned
Saw the latest episode. 9/10 for me.

- Great start with the parody of that cringe video celebs sent out during covid
- Herogasm was underwhelming from all the hype they were creating online. It was fine but not amazing.
- The fight between
- Can't wait to see what black noir is up to.
You read my mind.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
This season has been pretty damn good so far. Feels like a step-up from previous seasons but I'm honestly still not sure what that really means because despite me remembering enjoying it all, I recall only standout moments as opposed to whole seasons.

Maybe I'm weird, but for a show that is so extreme it doesn't leave much of a lasting impression on me.

jason10mm

Gold Member
This season has been pretty damn good so far. Feels like a step-up from previous seasons but I'm honestly still not sure what that really means because despite me remembering enjoying it all, I recall only standout moments as opposed to whole seasons.

Maybe I'm weird, but for a show that is so extreme it doesn't leave much of a lasting impression on me.
I agree with you. The show is fun as hell, has so many great acting moments and a TON of "HOLY SHIT" moments, but I think there is a fundamental flaw in the worldbuilding that really undermines all of the plot structure. From what I read of the comics, there is a definite feel of "this is your average comics universe but for adults -hint hint-wink wink- nudge nudge" but in a TV show this doesn't hold up as well.

Why are these supes even crime fighters? Why are almost ALL OF THEM crime fighters? Where are the supes with powers that enable massive construction projects, heal the sick, explore the planet (a guy like The Deep you'd think would be the darling of the planetary conservation movement, being in the Seven would only waste his time). I get that its a spoof of the Justice League and all those built up expectations but if you are gonna adult up a childrens fable with dicks, tits, and gore then the world framework really can stand much introspection if it remains at a child level. The Boys is more of what I want to see from GRRMs Wild Cards, which has very similar themes but overall breaks away from a lot of capeshit convention (some, there are still plenty of folks in tights) The Boys is saddled with.

pramod

Banned
Another amazing episode.
Finally Homelander realizes he isn't all powerful and can possibly be defeated. What will he do?

HoodWinked

so they're doing another fake death for A-Train.

So for those complaining the show's gone soft and won't show female nudity, how did you find the latest ep? 😂

not really, they show a couple boobies in the background and the showrunners instantly felt like they've committed some cardinal sin so in response show even more graphic male nudity and have love sausage answer the door. but its because there's the easy comedy in male nudity.

Neff

583247.jpg

For the last couple of years I thought this guy's face plastered all over the internet was Virgil from DmC

Anyway I finally caught up with the show, good shit

For the last couple of years I thought this guy's face plastered all over the internet was Virgil from DmC
Admittedly, I can kind of see it at certain angles. Whoever plays a live action Vergil though would have to be a versatile enough actor to also convincingly play Dante.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Golly, this show does not disappoint. They are absolutely fearless in upsetting the status quo episode-to-episode, and they've done it again, all while keeping things interesting.

Maybe one day they go too far (Homelander becomes a good guy and solves world hunger overnight; Hughie gives up The Boys and we watch him be a stay-at-home nanny for Starlight and Homelander's kids; they show just one more scene of Serge and Kamiko doing fuck-all), but it hasn't happened yet!

Last edited:
Top Bottom