• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Boys – Season 3 Trailer

Tams

Gold Member
So bored of the threat of Homelander going savage. Please show him going off as a message or something. Every time it's a one on one scene with him intimidating they do it so much its starting to lose impact.
Channel 9 Mark GIF by The Block

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Show is still good, but im not sure what exactly Homelander is after anymore or what is motivating him. He doesnt even seem to care about The Boys or Ryan anymore. Yeah i know he is slowly losing his shit but its only Season 3 and im already tired of the writers almost letting him loose and then reining him back and repeat ad nauseam.

And Queen Maeve had like what...30 seconds of screen time in the 3 episodes? What is up with that? Did the writers forget about her?

She’s returned to her season 1 version, aka psychologically abused woman who watches where he threads while helping the boys on the side hoping they fix her problems.

Fbh

Show is still good, but im not sure what exactly Homelander is after anymore or what is motivating him. He doesnt even seem to care about The Boys or Ryan anymore. Yeah i know he is slowly losing his shit but its only Season 3 and im already tired of the writers almost letting him loose and then reining him back and repeat ad nauseam.

Agreed.
I still like the show but they can only push this "ohhhh shit he is about to lose it" for so long until it gets boring. Feels like they have written themselves into a corner because Homelander actually letting loose would be a major shift in the story, but they don't seem ready to go for it yet.

So it has been 3 seasons of:
truck-crash.gif

pramod

Banned
Wow, things really picked up this episode. I was enjoying this episode so much, and later I wondered is it because Homelander is winning and that im (subconsciously?) rooting for him?

Last edited:

HoodWinked

I don't like the casting for giancarlo esposito

He's excellent in breaking bad but it just feels like he was shoved in to this show because BB was so good.

Also this show is being ridiculous they show dicks and dude asses and then have a scene where the Russian mob is with a bunch of prostitutes and they avoid showing nudity.

Last edited:

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
The show seems to rehash the same themes over and over again. Glad we've gotten this season's version of "A-train turns out to be a piece of shit beyond any hope of redemption" out of the way early.

I don't like the casting for giancarlo esposito

He's excellent in breaking bad but it just feels like he was shoved in to this show because BB was so good.

Also this show is being ridiculous they show dicks and dude asses and then have a scene where the Russian mob is with a bunch of prostitutes and they avoid showing nudity.
The Feminazis Strike Again

nkarafo

Glad to see other people are Homelander fans. I know I should hate him, but I really can't!
The show hasn't shown what he is capable of. So far he only killed regular humans and a couple of D-list crappy supes. Everything else is just hype, threats and assumptions.

Im afraid they will only show his true powers against strong supes a few moments before he is defeated by that ultimate weapon, which is obvious after the last episode. They won't show him slowly taking over the world because that would be too much for the budget.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
The show hasn't shown what he is capable of. So far he only killed regular humans and a couple of D-list crappy supes. Everything else is just hype, threats and assumptions.

Im afraid they will only show his true powers against strong supes a few moments before he is defeated by that ultimate weapon, which is obvious after the last episode. They won't show him slowly taking over the world because that would be too much for the budget.
To me, this show is done once Homeland is. There's no way they keep my attention like they have without him as the central threat

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

I've never read the comics, but if the show hasn't shown what he's really capable of then how strong is he?

I'd actually love it for Homelander to win and install himself as a autocratic world ruler. It would be unexpected. God damn, something is really wrong with me!

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I've never read the comics, but if the show hasn't shown what he's really capable of then how strong is he?

I'd actually love it for Homelander to win and install himself as a autocratic world ruler. It would be unexpected. God damn, something is really wrong with me!
Whats wrong with you is you came up with an interesting scenario lol

The show already likes to play with "What if gods lived among us", so that'd be another angle on it: what if we were ruled by a malevolent, self-absorbed Godking who can kill on a whim?

nkarafo

The comics are quite different than the show though. I think Homelander is even hurt by conventional heavy weapons there, like a small army of tanks and heavy machine guns.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Didn't Maeve make a comment about Noir waking up in her chat with Butcher? I might be misremembering.

Last edited:

manfestival

That was probably the one thing I found strange this season so far. So much dude nudity but they shy away from woman nudity. Still enjoying the show but yeah I made this observation too. Episode 4 was really entertaining despite the plot "twist" being super predictable.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
IMO that was the best episode of The Boys to date. They really found a fail proof thing by leaning hardcore into Homelander being the villain.

Finished episode 4 of season 3.

You absolutely irredeemable piece of fucking trash, Homelander.

I don't think I've seen such an evil villain in a long time. This guy has no soul he is nothing but pure evil.

How he completely fucked over Stan Edgar made me really shout out "what the fuck!?"

Fwiw I hope nothing happens to Edgar. Not only is the actor my favorite actor currently but I just want to see more of him.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Finished episode 4 of season 3.

You absolutely irredeemable piece of fucking trash, Homelander.

I don't think I've seen such an evil villain in a long time. This guy has no soul he is nothing but pure evil.

How he completely fucked over Stan Edgar made me really shout out "what the fuck!?"

Fwiw I hope nothing happens to Edgar. Not only is the actor my favorite actor currently but I just want to see more of him.
I believe Edgar when he says there will come a time when Homelander regrets not having a CEO running interference for him, like Edgar always has. Hope there's more to those words than just being a goodbye "F YOU" to Homelander, and I wonder what Edgar was referring to, specifically

YCoCg

That’s weak compared to what they say about the right.
A-Trains fake concern about African roots just so he can boost his rating. How Urban areas are easy to market to as long as you hit the key phrase quota and make them feel good about the purchase, etc.

They've taken the piss out of both sides but as usual one side is crying about it, surprisingly not the Ree side (then again not looked there, were they pissed about Inclusion Land?).

I believe Edgar when he says there will come a time when Homelander regrets not having a CEO running interference for him, like Edgar always has. Hope there's more to those words than just being a goodbye "F YOU" to Homelander, and I wonder what Edgar was referring to, specifically
I think if Edgar managed to complete his temp-V deal with the military (because he wanted out of the superhero business anyway) then he won't care. He most likely has contingencies in place for everything. He seems like the type to do so.

That’s weak compared to what they say about the right.
They're treating all parties with a great level of GTA-esque humor. It's incredible and I'm all for it.

I just wanted to say she's kind of ugly-cute. I'd lay pipe on her until her bulgy eyes bulge out fully before giving me a TPS report.
AGREED. She's ugly, but... with a weird kind of appeal at the same time?

My favorite film actress of all time is Bette Davis, who many people (myself included) would definitely NOT consider "traditionally" beautiful. And just like this chick, Bette Davis has big and expressive eyes (way less bulging, though :messenger_tears_of_joy:). Which is to say, if I was ever in a situation where I got to date some chick that looked like Bette Davis, she'd get the business....

Marvel14

Banned
Ah, from the poster it seems that Stormfront is back in the rotation? After Homelander she seems to be the most powerful one of The Seven so having her back in the rotation is scary.

Love the show and some of the characters, and can't wait for Season 3. But I strongly agree with @StreetsofBeige -- Queen Maeve (the "Wonder Woman" character) and The Deep (the "Aquaman" character) are two of the least appealing characters on the show, and none of their scenes really do anything for me. It's not the actors; they do a fine job. It's the characters themselves. They could be replaced with different characters for all I care.
They're satires of the actual superheroes. The Deep is freaking hilarious. Maeve is pretty messed up sexually and otherwise which makes the character interesting and vulnerable.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Yeah she is perfect as Kimiko. In fact everyone in this show is casted so well except for maybe Hughie. Although he has been kind of growing on me these last few episodes.
I agree; Randy Quaid's son is growing on me. The scene where Homelander makes him look like a bitch in front of Starlight, I bought the impotent anger as legit--important, since it ends up influencing a choice he makes later that episode. Usually, the actor is playing a decent, normal, well-adjusted guy, even in extreme circumstances, so it was interesting to see another side.

A-Trains fake concern about African roots just so he can boost his rating. How Urban areas are easy to market to as long as you hit the key phrase quota and make them feel good about the purchase, etc.

They've taken the piss out of both sides but as usual one side is crying about it, surprisingly not the Ree side (then again not looked there, were they pissed about Inclusion Land?).
Still very weak. Even more so when A-Train’s concern now seems legitimate.

dr_octagon

Banned
Whoa--I knew he was Randy Quaid's kid, but forgot Randy was married to Meg Ryan. Hollywood royalty x 2.
I thought Meg Ryan became Mark Ryan when I first saw Hughie.

Edit: awful joke, plz ban this poster

It's because the likeness is startling, you can tell they are relatives. You can say he is one of her boys 😎

Last edited:
Top Bottom