• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The big SEGA announcement is another exclusivity deal with Nintendo

I guess Persona 5 on switch rumors has started up again...
The absoulte STATE of these port beggers, you think porting some games is as big as new and exclusive info on an upcoming console?

Time to crack out this old gem.

zZv1dXm.png

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
It's cute when all these fanboys port beg for the Persona series while forgetting that there's an exclusive SMT game coming to Switch eventually. It is like they don't actually care about the games they just want a big name on Switch for some reason.

I call bullshit because this has way too many games at once.

Also the DS SMT games would look severely outdated on the Switch, unless they get full-blown remakes, which would entail a MASSIVE workload.

The only thing I like about this rumor is Persona 1 & 2 getting recognition from Atlus. For some reason Atlus refuses to acknowledge that these 3 games (Persona 2 is a two-parter) exist.

I hope Persona 5 doesn't get ported to the Switch. I love this game a lot but we've had enough of it. The only spin-off I'd like is a new Arena fighter.

Lastly, give me SMT V or give me nothing.

UnNamed

Banned
This rumor is so underwhelming it has to be true. Do you really believe in a Dreamcast 2 or Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft buy Sega?

Thabass

I really hope the Persona stuff is true. Also glad it's not the rumored Microsoft / SEGA buyout. That would just be weird.

mcjmetroid

No,

All of these feel like they were made up by someone, It's always a sure fire way to tell a rumour is true or not. Imagine YOU are making up fake news about this, aren't these pretty much exactly the same shit you would say?

A Mario and Sonic platformer? Yawn Nintendo would have NO interest in that.

I love the way the last game was thrown in there as well.

Real gaming news is very hard to predict.

Bardiche

Any information on SMT V or Project ReFantasy would be nice but I doubt we'll receive anything.

Persona 2 Innocent Sin & Eternal Punishment are the best Persona games, so bringing over previous Persona games works for me. If we are receiving DS Shin Megami Tensei games, bring on Strange Journey!

Last edited:

GV82

Have you seen they are supposed to be rebranding the Xbox Series X to Sega Xbox in Japan only?

Wtf is that all about? Saw it in an article in the metro (free newspaper in the uk, thats why i’m like hmmmmm) of all places yesterday
:messenger_dizzy:

Last edited:

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Have you seen they are supposed to be rebranding the Xbox Series X to Sega Xbox in Japan only?

Wtf is that all about? Saw it in an article in the metro of all places yesterday
:messenger_dizzy:
It's been suggested since almost a decade, looks like Phil Spencer is finally making the year of dream(cast)s come true.

Kuranghi

Seaman 2 for Switch.

How about a crossover of Alien: Isolation and Seaman: You're running around a giant underwater facility protecting a newt-esque, fish-girl from the alien and when you are cowering in the cupboard waiting for the alien to pass you have to whisper into the mic to stop the fish-girl from freaking out.

Then out of nowhere the fish-girl insults your mother and the Alien guffaws.

CharlieTuna

That sounds like bullshit, isn't Atlus a relatively small studio? How would they remake/port all of these games in that timeframe, considering that they usually don't outsource this kind of stuff to other studios (i could be wrong on this, but that's te feeling i have). Also doesn't sound like such a BIG DEAL like the original article made it out to be.

That sounds like bullshit, isn't Atlus a relatively small studio? How would they remake/port all of these games in that timeframe, considering that they usually don't outsource this kind of stuff to other studios (i could be wrong on this, but that's te feeling i have). Also doesn't sound like such a BIG DEAL like the original article made it out to be.
Yeah, especially since games like Strange Journey and Devil Survivor were already ported to the 3DS. Doing the same for the Switch is redundant and won’t result in massive sales.

Top Bottom