• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The big Overwatch BlizzCon interview with Jeff Kaplan.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-03-the-big-overwatch-blizzcon-interview-with-jeff-kaplan

Is it realistic that one day there could be an Overwatch Netflix series, or something similar?

Jeff Kaplan: Anything is within the realms of possibility. We're fans, first and foremost, not only of Overwatch but how people consume pop culture. To think for a minute we're not sitting there going, "How amazing could it be if there was an Overwatch movie or an Overwatch animated series?" We are going to fight for ideas like that more than anybody else. But those things are really complicated to bring together and make happen - but they're things we're very excited about.

Are you working on enabling PS4-Xbox One cross-play in light of Sony loosening up?

Jeff Kaplan: We're super-excited about what's going on with cross-play in all sorts of different games, from Rocket League to Fortnite, and we are constantly in discussions with the first-parties, Microsoft and Sony, to see where they're at and gauge where their temperature is at. It's something that would be very exciting for us to pursue.

Is it something you are pursuing?

Jeff Kaplan: We are definitely having conversations that we're interested in the thought of it.

It's very complicated - from a technology standpoint, a game design standpoint, and from a business relationship standpoint. But we would be excited to tackle all of those challenges; we would love to try. We're gamers; "Why can't my buddies on this system or that system play together?" We sympathise with that, we want to be able to do that too.

Talking of technical complications: have you explored putting Overwatch on Switch (Diablo launched on Switch today)? Could it work?

Jeff Kaplan: Our philosophy has always been we want as many players playing Overwatch as possible, and we want to reach as many possible Overwatch players as are out there. We will always explore a platform if we think we could make it viable - both the technology and the business relationship. We would love to do it.

We don't have anything to announce or any plans with Nintendo or Switch at this time, but -

It's a possibility?

Jeff Kaplan: It's something we're very open-minded about.

Check the link for more.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
I love when PR people always use the same kind of language to avoid answering questions.

‘We’re really excited about the opportunities of this tech’

‘We are in discussions about it’

‘We’re really open-mind about the possibilities’

DonF

I just want them to enhance the game on pro. The thing runs at 1080p with a 4k HUD. It's a damn shame, considering that on the Xbox one x runs at like a very stable dynamic 4k.

Vlaphor

HDR would look really good in Overwatch. I play it on my pc with hdr turned on in windows and it makes the colors pop just with that, so actual hdr would look even better.

Granted, I do have an OLED TV, but still...

Top Bottom