• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best story and characters in gaming

petran79

Banned
Kyonyuu Fantasy. Just look at the mam...summary

Lute Hende is a recent graduate of the Edellant Kingdom’s Knight Academy. Unfortunately, due to his not being a very good fighter Lute graduated last in his class and is generally regarded as a good for nothing by his peers and teachers. As a result he’s assigned to the backwater border town of Boan, where they believe he’ll remain largely out of sight and out of mind. However, an encounter with a beatiful and deadly succubus will lead him to uncovering a conspiracy against the crown. Dealing with this will only be the first step in Lute’s rise not only amongst his fellow knights but eventually into the upper ranks of the kingdom itself.

GeekyDad

It's FFT War of the Lions (PSP) for me, though Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume comes very close. FFT's story is just so engrossing from start to absolute finish, and the dialogue is as perfect as I can imagine. I was so very invested as far as a video game goes.

KàIRóS

OaM3pBV.png

WQEfYrY.jpg

FRKlNqd.jpg

QLfyDWE.jpg

BIz05US.jpg

MEgdV59.jpg

dm3Rtiq.jpg

peqg3jG.jpg

4BN363H.jpg

fHcdHO7.jpg

u7g2H1C.jpg

dsVPKtV.jpg

vqHHyQQ.jpg

DHuIVeD.jpg

0gxYTQM.jpg

N4gWxwi.jpg

xIiMinh.jpg

iioMyBT.jpg

59eNas5.jpg

d1HdFbA.jpg

RpWL908.jpg

QjVrKBq.png

YmmC8es.jpg

Sorry for the long a** post :messenger_grinning_sweat:

i dont care for stories in games too much as long as its enough to enhance the world building. i could care less about details or drama in games stories. it just has to be enough to make the worldbuilding right.

That's the most important for me too. Atmosphere / sense of place are far more important than narrative exposition. I love ambiguity anyway.

Most games with detailed stories often are clumsy and self-contradictory (at best) anyway. (I'd much rather read a good book, in that case.)

Having said that, I can still enjoy narrative heavy games. Just depends on my mood.

Top Bottom