• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best pastries....

O-N-E

...have nuts. There I said it.

Gimme dat baklava.
Gimme dat macaron.
Gimme dat pecan pie.
Gimme dat chewy peanut butter bar.
Gimme dat almond cream stuffed croissant.

:messenger_weary: :messenger_ok:

Ubca44b9d8b424267b731fc6259126970G.jpeg

GeekyDad

Can't find an official picture, but Cracker Barrel's chocolate pecan pie is pretty effin' crazy. But, I will say, it's also sweet as fug! I love it, don't get me wrong, but it's gotta be a very once in a while thing for me. Can't take too much sweet stuff these days.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I don't know what confections is, far as I know it just means "sweets"

but pastry means it generally is made using a substance called pastry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastry

Ooooh ooh ooh I see.

In our culinary tradition we don't have a hard distinction between those.

In that case I submit the tatin pie and the casadielles (although technically not pastry according to your definition, they're very close enough).

epicnemesis

The best pastry is what happens to croissants they enter my home.

I present to you the grilled Nutella croissant (uploaded upside down for some reason)

SWCj2U5.jpg

deafmedal

Apple Fritter is probably the best pastry.

You’re goddamn right. Wife and I finally got around to making some at home and we surprisingly did a fantastic job. I fucking love apple fritters😍

Any answer other than a Lobster Tail is incorrect

Savory croissant is a treat.
There was this joint in Maryland that made a Lobster Croissant sandwich that was soooo damned tasty- deep fried lobster tail (shell split and still attached), fried egg, white cheddar cheese, avocado and some sort of tasty spread... That place was amazing. I’m sure they made it through c19, hope so anyway, everything I ate there was fantastic.

DavidGzz

I had some caramel pecan pancakes yesterday....I think you're right. Also, Applebees sucks overall but their butter cream blondie dessert is orgasmic.

Loki

Count of Concision
Cannoli
St. Joseph's pastry (w/cannoli cream)
Cannoli cake
Pecan pie
A good cheesecake
Cold pumpkin pie with whipped cream

50db57bf5f3f629c2fd93073d58e8772.jpg

almond croissants, almond danishes, almond anything

such a handsome aroma from almond pastries

but fall is pastry season

when the weather is cool this kind of food tastes nice with some kind of hot caffeinated beverage

look at all this fucking delicious shit up in this thread good lord

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Is does look good. Is that some type of meat, or some type of dried fruit?
It's minced/ground beef, usually mixed with onions and spices. There are different variations, like with cheese, spinach, gourd, etc.

I don't know what a pastry is but you just can't beat a good old fashioned burek with yoghurt.
Burek_i_jogurt_Makarska.JPG
Damn, now I'm gonna have the wife make some.

Last edited:
Top Bottom