• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best move by Microsoft and Sony has been...

Venom Snake

Sony's best move was when Shuhei Yoshida theatrically moved his right hand towards his forehead mimicking Antonio Banderas' famous gesture:

xs8kjn.gif

OZ9000

Banned
You won't save much on games on PC if you need day one access. People like to use that as a talking point for PC, but if you are willing to wait for steep discounts and the bargain bin you can do that just as easily on console (maybe even easier with disks).

PC is the best way to play if you are willing to pay, but consoles just work and are cheaper. That alone is enough to keep me on console as long they remain an option. You can buy an XSX and a PS5 for $900 (or a XSS and PS5 or $700) and have access to all the games, plus you've still spent less for two complete systems than you would have for a middle rung PC GPU that will probably struggle (worse than the consoles will) before the end of the generation.
I don't have time to play games day 1 anyhow - try playing games when you have a wife and kid :p

I am already 'behind' on new many releases (eg Halo Infinite, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deathloop - all games which I would like to play at some point). So I am more than happy to wait for discounts.

DaGwaphics

I am already 'behind' on new many releases (eg Halo Infinite, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deathloop - all games which I would like to play at some point). So I am more than happy to wait for discounts.

Their aren't enough hours in the day for me to complete all the games I might be interested in without any outside forces getting in the way. Every couple weeks GP adds one or two more somethings to my backlog. LOL

I'm about halfway through GotG, it's a good one, IMO.

You don't really need any online subscription for most of Sony exclusives, thou....
I'm not familiar with Sony's system for games on PC but don't you still need to actually buy the game? Microsoft's online fee includes the ability to play the game plus hundreds more. It's a decent perk.

Kokoloko85

Over 4 years, a PC + games would cost less than a PS5/Xbox + Online Subscription + Overpriced games (£70 per title, you gotta be kidding me)

I paod £450 for a PS5 (PS4 and Switch were cheaper too) and then buy games on sale.
Costs cheaper than a PC ( especially prices now ) and I get more exclusives with Switch and Playstation.

I have a very lowGPU PC atm ( which my brother gave me ) I use for older games. I will upgrade when all these stock issues sort out but I wouldnt wanna miss out on console exclusives.
Console gaming for me is cheaper

Kokoloko85

A ps5 +60$(4) online+70$ games=880$+70$ games for digital one, or 980$+70$ games. That is what PlayStation console cost in 8 years.

This pc gpu have the same function as ps5 gpu. different is, you dont pay 70$ for games, and 60$ to pay for online. And you get tons of games on the pc market, that doesnt come to ps5.

In the long run, you save alot of money with that pc, unlike your ps5, which gets expensive overtime.

I bought god of war for 40$, instead of the 50$ on steam. I bought HZD for 17$, and its still 50$ on steam now.

Nah, that is false. They have IPs. All they lacked was the studios. Which they bought them. Without bethesda and gamepass, they can still survive. They survived xbox one. They can pretty much survive anything else. Hell, most of their upcoming games, are their own studios. And i can only see 3 bethesda/zenimax games. Redfall, starfield, and elder scrolls 6 that are announced. They still have avowed, hellblade 2, fable, perfect dark, and state of decay 3. Their other studios dont have anything announced as of now.

Yes MS would be fine. They have IP’s but without the things they have been doing for the last 3 years ( gamepass and buying studios/IP and concentrating on BC ) they would have less and less sales. Less than probably 50 million which is “fine“. But what would be the xbox’s goal? Anyway they have made good decisions with the last 3 years, so its just a theory on if they didnt do gamepass/buying/BC etc.

And console gaming for me is cheaper, PS4 and Switch both are cheaper to purchase off the bat and PS5 too. And I buy most the games on sale ( well Nintendo do less sales but PSN has plenty ) apart from some games I cant wait for like BloodBorne.
And more exclusives that I like on consoles. Its my personal preference to get games like BOTW, Mario, Fire Emblem, Bloodborne, TLOU etc

Last edited:

amigastar

...releasing their exclusive games on the PC.

No longer I am shackled to purchasing a console, and I'm far more happier for it. I am glad both companies have embraced PC gaming, especially Sony - not once I expected their AAA titles to hit the PC; especially a game like God of War.

I can now play the heavy hitters from each respective console (eg Halo Infinite, God of War) without having to pay for a console and the stupid online subscription fees associated with it!
A 100% agree, PC is killng it this gen.

kingfey

Banned
Yes MS would be fine. They have IP’s but without the things they have been doing for the last 3 years ( gamepass and buying studios/IP and concentrating on BC ) they would have less and less sales. Less than probably 50 million which is “fine“. But what would be the xbox’s goal? Anyway they have made good decisions with the last 3 years, so its just a theory on if they didnt do gamepass/buying/BC etc.
Xbox lost last gen, because it didnt had new Ips, or new games. This gen without gamepass, or bethesda, they will sell around 70m. Because they have 15 studios, without bethesda. During xbox one, they only had 5 studios. People used to call them, the console with no games.

People like games. And if you provide them good games, they will join your console. Halo, gears and forza are still big hits for them. add new Ips like avowed, old Ips like fable, and perfect dark, and you get brand new customers. You can also get new studios, like ninja theory. Hell blade 2 seems to be a perfect big game for them.

And console gaming for me is cheaper, PS4 and Switch both are cheaper to purchase off the bat and PS5 too. And I buy most the games on sale ( well Nintendo do less sales but PSN has plenty ) apart from some games I cant wait for like BloodBorne.
And more exclusives that I like on consoles. Its my personal preference to get games like BOTW, Mario, Fire Emblem, Bloodborne, TLOU etc

Console gaming is cheap. no can deny that. But you still need a computer or a laptop either way. Gaming PC just makes it easier. You have a computer, to do daily stuff, and can play new games. 2 package in to 1. There are mmo games, that doesnt exist on console. Games like wow, runescape, guild wars 2. And you got shooter games like counter strike.

One of the most important thing about gaming pc, is emulator. I can play all the past consoles, aside of xbox one and ps4. That is major advantage for pc gaming.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Best thing by Sony is having older games on PC as it makes additional free cash. Doing day one sales on PC and console would hurt console sales. Some people can't wait and after playing say a GOW may buy a PS5 to continue the journey. That money goes to develop another sequel or more studios.

My biggest fear from Sony is going the Nintendo route where they don't give their first party ps5 games deep discounts following the Nintendo model. Nintendo have successfully trained its audience to pay top dollar for games whether it was day one release or 4 years later. I won't be buying as many games of that's the case. I understand the need for early adopters costs but I don't want to pay full price for a Sony game 3 years after release. Fuck that.

The best thing that MS did was buy Bethesda. Had they not, their first party games in the first 2 years of Series X/S is bare apart from 2 of their big 3 (Halo, Forza and Gears). In addition it has a great games catalogue to add to Gamepass. The organisation of MS first party took a long time and may be 2023 before we see the benefits of non-Bethesda studios allowing a steady stream of games. Imagine MS first party otherwise. Rough.

My biggest fear of Xbox is that Gamepass either creates fragmented gaming packages that try to tie games behind multiple gaming subscriptions (shocking cost to play a number of franchises) or businesses undercooked games as they are guaranteed a bit of cash to release something in the subscription model (becomes mobile market 2.0 aka the race to the bottom)

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
That assumes you won't need a PC for anything else. If you need one in the first place then it does end up being cheaper than a console + non-gaming computer
I have a PC + a gaming console on one table setup : D.
The PC will be used for non gaming things, while i'll game on my console primary, settles everything

All you need to do is spend some money on a PC or a mid gaming PC which will last more than 15 years (since you are not gaming on it), it can help to save alot of money if you are a console gamer.
I dont game on my TV screen, I game on my monitor actually.

EDIT: i dont think you even need to upgrade a non gaming PC unless some drastic OS/software changes.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Personally I would rather have the game physically so 9 times out of 10, I don't give two shits if it releases on PC. Glad that others can play some great games though.

Lognor

Banned
Future is Nintendo + PC
Yep. I have a XSX, which I don't really need due to every game being on PC. But I have the XSX because Game Pass is such an amazing service. If there was parity between the console and PC Game Pass I likely would not buy the next Xbox console. But for me, the XSX, PC, and Switch are a perfect combo. Even more so now that Sony is releasing games on PC.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
releasing their exclusive games on the PC.

No longer I am shackled to purchasing a console
This sounds as smart as Disney's day one 4K HDR streams of films.
Or maybe you mean you're glad MS & Sony was dumb enough?

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I've used enough old computers to know that - yes, you do.
You dont need to upgrade as often ,compared to a gaming PC.

I have 4 PC, 3 being old gaming PC. All felt like a waste of money, thats why I stop investing on them.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
As long as a good PC GPU costs as much as three or four PS5s (and then I still need the rest of the computer) I'm sticking with consoles. I can deal with having a few less pixels.

Nah, if all PlayStation exclusives eventually end up on PC, why buy a PlayStation? Exclusives is what made them powerful and dominate in the first place, so I think they must be VERY careful with their PC strategy. Some older games eventually coming probably won’t affect Sony too much, but I think day one releases or even PS5 exclusives coming to PC soon after could cause some issues with console sales.

Console shortages aren’t helping either. Can’t find a PS5? Just get a PC and experience most of the same exclusive PlayStation games and much more. Hey guys! Aren’t you excited for the new PS6? Why get excited? Most of the Sony exclusive games are coming to PC anyway, so we’ll just buy them on there.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
Er.... wut!?!?

Then why is so much money and time expended on upgrading PC hardware?
future proof in the meaning that the user can choose to change the GPU to remain on the top of the performance curve ... or take time while continuing to play while reducing detail. The PC will never see a generational leap that cuts part of the population. What happens every generation in the world of consoles (until now)population.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Xbox lost last gen, because it didnt had new Ips, or new games. This gen without gamepass, or bethesda, they will sell around 70m. Because they have 15 studios, without bethesda. During xbox one, they only had 5 studios. People used to call them, the console with no games.

People like games. And if you provide them good games, they will join your console. Halo, gears and forza are still big hits for them. add new Ips like avowed, old Ips like fable, and perfect dark, and you get brand new customers. You can also get new studios, like ninja theory. Hell blade 2 seems to be a perfect big game for them.

Console gaming is cheap. no can deny that. But you still need a computer or a laptop either way. Gaming PC just makes it easier. You have a computer, to do daily stuff, and can play new games. 2 package in to 1. There are mmo games, that doesnt exist on console. Games like wow, runescape, guild wars 2. And you got shooter games like counter strike.

One of the most important thing about gaming pc, is emulator. I can play all the past consoles, aside of xbox one and ps4. That is major advantage for pc gaming.

I doubt xbox sells 70million with gamepass let alone without it. We’ll have to see how much they sell this generation anyway.

I didnt have a pc for like 10 years. I did everyyhing off my ipad or laptop. Now i use it for emulation mostly.

As I said personally Id much rather play Fire Emblem, Zelda, Pikmin 3,God of War, Spiderman, Ghost of Tsushima over PC exclusives like mmo’s

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
I doubt xbox sells 70million with gamepass let alone without it. We’ll have to see how much they sell this generation anyway.
Again this is false.They sold 55m during xbox one 70m without gamepass is easy task. We are talking about xbox one, which is the worst moment for xbox. And they still sold 55m. If they can do that much during that time, then 70m is not hard for them without gamepass.

I didnt have a pc for like 10 years. I did everyyhing off my ipad or laptop. Now i use it for emulation mostly.
unless you are 30-50 years old, this statement is false. You need computer/laptop for pretty much everything. From school/college work, to other activities.

As I said personally Id much rather play Fire Emblem, Zelda, Pikmin 3,God of War, Spiderman, Ghost of Tsushima over PC exclusives like mmo’s
You can now play these games on pc. Psnow allows you to play PlayStation games, through cloud. If you can tolerate the cloud experience. Some of them are getting ported to pc. And there is switch emulator on pc. You can play day1 switch games on pc.

The good thing about pc exclusive, is that you have tons of things to play. Once you are done playing your console exclusive, you are back to fifa, cod, fortnite.

I just hate that people get upset about this, and even go to the point of praising a game, to shaming the game once they get announced for PC. Some people don't like games, but the ideology of exclusivity. It's crazy.
Hate is a strong word, are you sure it's not it's not you who is upset?

Kokoloko85

Again this is false.They sold 55m during xbox one 70m without gamepass is easy task. We are talking about xbox one, which is the worst moment for xbox. And they still sold 55m. If they can do that much during that time, then 70m is not hard for them without gamepass.

unless you are 30-50 years old, this statement is false. You need computer/laptop for pretty much everything. From school/college work, to other activities.

You can now play these games on pc. Psnow allows you to play PlayStation games, through cloud. If you can tolerate the cloud experience. Some of them are getting ported to pc. And there is switch emulator on pc. You can play day1 switch games on pc.

The good thing about pc exclusive, is that you have tons of things to play. Once you are done playing your console exclusive, you are back to fifa, cod, fortnite.
Are you the false police lol
How can it be false if it hasnt happened yet? We will see if xbox will sell 70m. They wont have a console sell more then 360 again thats what I believe or close to it.

Again with the false lol. Im 36, when I was 25 and my PC broke because windows sucks ass, I didnt buy or build another one. What do I need one for?

Web browsing? = TV and Ipad
Emails? = Iphone and Ipad
Documents? = Ipad

Its not false only because you dont do it lol. I bought a macbook last year for the rest but I barely use it. It was used mostly to download stuff I needed that the Ipad couldnt download.

PC doesnt havent Switch games Day 1 unless illegally.
And PSnow doesnt have games day 1 or many of the games I want. PC’s dont have alot of the games I play.

Its ok, you play PC and Ill play what I play. Trying to convince your method is better is not for me.

Like I said Id rather play God of War, Persona 5, Fire Emblem, Luigi’s Mansion, The Last Guardian, TLou, Uncharted and Bloodborne day one than assassins Creed at 4k 60fps and anything else PC exclusive. Its not just cod and fifa

Its personal preference lol. Its not false or correct

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member

When did MS post that they sold 55m Xbones? All estimates were that it's still under 50m.

Also all ps4 games on PS Now are downloadable on ps4 and ps5.

kingfey

Banned
How can it be false if it hasnt happened yet? We will see if xbox will sell 70m. They wont have a console sell more then 360 again thats what I believe or close to it.
You are not getting this point across you. The xbox one, is the worst console for xbox. Yet they sold 55m hardwares, with low in-house studios, and low exclusive games. That is what xbox managed to acheive, during its worst period of time.

Now, they arent. If we remove gamepass, and Bethesda, they will still have 10 more studios, after their 5 other studios. That is alot, compared to their xbox one. 15 studios versus 5 studios. That is a big improvement.

Again with the false lol. Im 36, when I was 25 and my PC broke because windows sucks ass, I didnt buy or build another one. What do I need one for?
Your time, didnt have advanced technology. I am in college, and I am required to have pc for everything. From college work, to group projects, to college meetings. Time changed. There are no papers like old time. Everything is digital, and you need a pc to use it. Even math is digital now. That is how important pc is now.

Documents? = Ipad
This telle me, you are not with time now. Web browsing on ipad and tv is shit. They have limited function, compared to a laptop. You cannt do normal attachment from your mobile/ipad. Documents have more function on computer.

What you have there, is inferior version to computer version.

ts not false only because you dont do it lol. I bought a macbook last year for the rest but I barely use it. It was used mostly to download stuff I needed that the Ipad couldnt download.
Because Macbook doesnt have windows computer functions. You went with a rich option. And the fact that your ipad couldnt do simple download stuff, shows you how important is pc.

We are talking pc here.

And PSnow doesnt have games day 1 or many of the games I want. PC’s dont have alot of the games I play.
They had last of us 2 on october. They add their big hits games after 1 year on that service.

Its ok, you play PC and Ill play what I play. Trying to convince your method is better is not for me.
I am not here to convince you to join pc community. That is a choice you need to make.
Like I said Id rather play God of War, Persona 5, Fire Emblem, Luigi’s Mansion, The Last Guardian, TLou, Uncharted and Bloodborne day one than assassins Creed at 4k 60fps and anything else PC exclusive. Its not just cod and fifa
that is your choice. But dont say pc players cant play these games. we can. its just that, we have other options to play these games. Not to mention, pc have alot of packages, console dont have.

Completely agree with you here. Everyone has a choice for their device. I dont have the rights, to tell you what to play on. That is not my job.

kingfey

Banned
When did MS post that they sold 55m Xbones? All estimates were that it's still under 50m.

That was the estimate console sales, since MS doesnt publish anything at all. The estimate was 55m console sold. Upon research on wiki, it shows 51m now.

its cloud for pc.

KAL2006

Banned
A ps5 +60$(4) online+70$ games=880$+70$ games for digital one, or 980$+70$ games. That is what PlayStation console cost in 8 years.

This pc gpu have the same function as ps5 gpu. different is, you dont pay 70$ for games, and 60$ to pay for online. And you get tons of games on the pc market, that doesnt come to ps5.

In the long run, you save alot of money with that pc, unlike your ps5, which gets expensive overtime.

I bought god of war for 40$, instead of the 50$ on steam. I bought HZD for 17$, and its still 50$ on steam now.

Nah, that is false. They have IPs. All they lacked was the studios. Which they bought them. Without bethesda and gamepass, they can still survive. They survived xbox one. They can pretty much survive anything else. Hell, most of their upcoming games, are their own studios. And i can only see 3 bethesda/zenimax games. Redfall, starfield, and elder scrolls 6 that are announced. They still have avowed, hellblade 2, fable, perfect dark, and state of decay 3. Their other studios dont have anything announced as of now.

These comparisons are stupid as hell. I used to be into PC gaming I can tell you spent alot in the past on PC gaming. Online PSN Plus always gets discounted. No one buys games for $70 all the time, I've played Final Fantasy 7 Remake through Plus subscription, I buy games when they are like £15 and resell them and get back £8 so games cost me £7. Console gaming has been much cheaper for me. And don't forget to factor in very powerful GPUs like 3080 consuming more electricity where here in the UK electricity prices are getting higher and higher. Also don't forget many people don't play tons of bloody games, PC can have 1000s of games but if a person just wants to play a handful a year they don't really give a shit about 1000s of games on Steam. I play around 6 games a year and majority I buy used and trade in costing me barely anything. That's in tip of some games I get from PSN Plus.

kingfey

Banned
These comparisons are stupid as hell. I used to be into PC gaming I can tell you spent alot in the past on PC gaming.
I have spent alot on consoles. Just this month, I spent 65$ on a controller. Mouse and keyboard cost $20-$40 in comparison.

Online PSN Plus always gets discounted
we always get discounts too.

No one buys games for $70 all the time
4m last of us 2 at 60$ day1 disagrees with you. If any big hit ps5 game drops now, I guarantee you, it will get 2-4m sales on day1 at 70$ price tag.

I've played Final Fantasy 7 Remake through Plus subscription
That is one of the good benifts console have. Sadly, we only have epic games, which gives out free games, like control. Or amazon prime gaming, which has star wars jedi fallen order. and these games are free to keep forever, unlike consoles.

I buy games when they are like £15 and resell them and get back £8 so games cost me £7
we have steam keys sales. We get full gold edition for cheap.

Console gaming has been much cheaper for me.
Depends on what you buy. Anyone can have cheaper option, if they buy less stuff.

And don't forget to factor in very powerful GPUs like 3080 consuming more electricity where here in the UK electricity prices are getting higher and higher.
That rich people stuff. Pc has all different range of gpu. Only now its expensive, due to crypto currency and scalpers. Before it was very cheap.

Also don't forget many people don't play tons of bloody games
Same thing for consoles. People spend their time playing cod, fifa, or gta online, fortnite.
PC can have 1000s of games but if a person just wants to play a handful a year they don't really give a shit about 1000s of games on Steam
Same thing again. Pc players have more option. And these games are old games, which current console cant even play it. I mean, you guys cant play most of x360/ps3 games.

I play around 6 games a year and majority I buy used and trade in costing me barely anything. That's in tip of some games I get from PSN Plus.
I have 100+ games on epic, and I havent spent anything on them. I got them all for free. No subscription needed. And this without prime gaming games. I just discovered them this December. I got control ultimate edition for free, while ps+ users need to have the subscription to play it. I can play that game anytime I want to. We also have tons of 3rd party game sellers. We get cheap games. I spent 5$ on hitman 1 game of the year steam version.

Documents? = Ipad

Its not false only because you dont do it lol. I bought a macbook last year for the rest but I barely use it. It was used mostly to download stuff I needed that the Ipad couldnt download.

Tell us how you hate PC's, and PC gamers, without telling us you hate PC's/PC gamers?

FUN FACT.
Even if you include online subscription service fees, its still cheaper than building a gaming PC.

If you can spend that much money on a gaming PC, dont whine when you just need to pay 5 dollar per month for the online subscription fees....

And the above is assuming you bought the PS Plus in full price without discount lol
FUN FACT
Maybe, but some people don't want a console, like myself. I don't care how much cheaper a game console is, I already have a PC. Secondly, I'll never have to worry about BC on a PC.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

You are not getting this point across you. The xbox one, is the worst console for xbox. Yet they sold 55m hardwares, with low in-house studios, and low exclusive games. That is what xbox managed to acheive, during its worst period of time.

Now, they arent. If we remove gamepass, and Bethesda, they will still have 10 more studios, after their 5 other studios. That is alot, compared to their xbox one. 15 studios versus 5 studios. That is a big improvement.

Your time, didnt have advanced technology. I am in college, and I am required to have pc for everything. From college work, to group projects, to college meetings. Time changed. There are no papers like old time. Everything is digital, and you need a pc to use it. Even math is digital now. That is how important pc is now.

This telle me, you are not with time now. Web browsing on ipad and tv is shit. They have limited function, compared to a laptop. You cannt do normal attachment from your mobile/ipad. Documents have more function on computer.

What you have there, is inferior version to computer version.

Because Macbook doesnt have windows computer functions. You went with a rich option. And the fact that your ipad couldnt do simple download stuff, shows you how important is pc.

We are talking pc here.

They had last of us 2 on october. They add their big hits games after 1 year on that service.

I am not here to convince you to join pc community. That is a choice you need to make.

that is your choice. But dont say pc players cant play these games. we can. its just that, we have other options to play these games. Not to mention, pc have alot of packages, console dont have.

Completely agree with you here. Everyone has a choice for their device. I dont have the rights, to tell you what to play on. That is not my job.

Apologises, I thought OG Xbox was the worst selling Xbox. I also wouldnt call the in-house studios low, they done plenty of great stuff before with lots of IP’s including Rare. It was just getting stale.
I think its Gamepass and BC that has kept people buying it, along with games like Forza. Commercial martket doesnt really know how many studios Xbox or Playstation has, they just see great games, great reviews and buy, just my opinion. Yes the future looks good for Xbox but we’ll see if they get past 70m or to 360 numbers. They have Elder Scrolls which is a huge IP.

Dude I just don’t need a better PC or better web browser atm. My web browser runs fast, saves my websites, folders, in sync with my phone and macbook and thats all I really need. On my lap, with a case/keyboard.
My ipad pro with my phone, I got works great for stuff like email, pages/word/ notes, youtube etc. Its portable, on my lap with a keyboard and does what I need. Im not a graphic designer, animator, or anything that needs a better PC for me. I use to do webdesign but I dont do that anymore so don’t need anything high performance or easier programs. I download documents, videos etc onto my folder use and edit them, thats all Ineed.

Only reason Id get a stronger PC at the moment would be to try my hand at a program like Unity or another Game designer. Atm it can play emulation and games like Vampire Masquerade. I Youtube on TV, Im good. Im not saying my way is the best, not even close but it works great for me. I dont need a superior model, when I can afford something better, I will defo have it but even then Ill probably use my ipad for webbrowser, email, etc.

I bought TLOU2 day 1, but I dont buy all my games day 1 is what I mean. Games like MGSV, Desiny 1, RE2, Miyazaki games I probably bought day 1, not much else 3rd party unless its on sale.
Most my games are 1st party and then Id buy 2 PSN codes off something like CDKEYS and Its like £8-10 off. And Im good

Also not saying PC can’t play these. But legally PC can’t play most the games I prefer.
Agreed, I will get a better PC in the future, but like I said it will probably not take the bulk of my game time but Im sure Ill use it for PC exclusives I really way. Atm Im taking a break from PS5/Switch while doing my course. Im using a PC for Ocarina of time though :p

kingfey

Banned
Apologises, I thought OG Xbox was the worst selling Xbox. I also wouldnt call the in-house studios low, they done plenty of great stuff before with lots of IP’s including Rare. It was just getting stale.
its ok.
As for xbox, they put all their baskets on entertainment. While they had 3rd party timed and exclusive games, the neglected their inhouse studios games. It was the same repetitive games. forza, halo , gears that stood out. rare mega hit started in 2018. That is 4 and half years after the console release. Even that one didnt take off, until 2019.

I think its Gamepass and BC that has kept people buying it, along with games like Forza.
gamepass started late around 2017. It truly clicked on, when they bought Bethesda. In 2021 January, they had 18m users. by that time, xbox one was retired.

Commercial martket doesnt really know how many studios Xbox or Playstation has, they just see great games, great reviews and buy, just my opinion. Yes the future looks good for Xbox but we’ll see if they get past 70m or to 360 numbers. They have Elder Scrolls which is a huge IP.
Normal users chase normal games. They dont care what exclusive you have. They want games to play with their friends.
Elder scroll is big. but that one is 2024-2025 release date. It up to their in house studios to give them good games.
If they cant deliver good games by that time, casuals will move to another console.

Dude I just don’t need a better PC or better web browser atm. My web browser runs fast, saves my websites, folders, in sync with my phone and macbook and thats all I really need. On my lap, with a case/keyboard.
My ipad pro with my phone, I got works great for stuff like email, pages/word/ notes, youtube etc. Its portable, on my lap with a keyboard and does what I need. Im not a graphic designer, animator, or anything that needs a better PC for me. I use to do webdesign but I dont do that anymore so don’t need anything high performance or easier programs. I download documents, videos etc onto my folder use and edit them, thats all Ineed.
Same for me. i think I do normal stuff on my phone. But the important stuff, I need a pc. But now days, phone are like a mini computer. If you have a monitor, try to get a usb cable, and your samsung phone/tablet will act as computer.

Only reason Id get a stronger PC at the moment would be to try my hand at a program like Unity or another Game designer. Atm it can play emulation and games like Vampire Masquerade. I Youtube on TV, Im good. Im not saying my way is the best, not even close but it works great for me. I dont need a superior model, when I can afford something better, I will defo have it but even then Ill probably use my ipad for webbrowser, email, etc.
I have rtx570. My pc is shit. It costed me 500$, but its shit, compared to other computers. I cant handle new games at high level.

I bought TLOU2 day 1, but I dont buy all my games day 1 is what I mean. Games like MGSV, Desiny 1, RE2, Miyazaki games I probably bought day 1, not much else 3rd party unless its on sale.
Most my games are 1st party and then Id buy 2 PSN codes off something like CDKEYS and Its like £8-10 off. And Im good
games these days arent worth day1. Especially when you have a big backlog. i bought last of us 2, 1 year after release.

Also not saying PC can’t play these. But legally PC can’t play most the games I prefer.
Agreed, I will get a better PC in the future, but like I said it will probably not take the bulk of my game time but Im sure Ill use it for PC exclusives I really way. Atm Im taking a break from PS5/Switch while doing my course.
Take your time with the pc, that you will pick. Dont be like me. I picked a shitone, because it was cheap, now I regret it badly. Pick one that is 2 years old gpu. That one can last you 4 years.

Im using a PC for Ocarina of time though :p
Best Friends Friend GIF by PermissionIO

MikeM

Games look the same as on PC and now run at 60 fps but you paid $500, not $2000, plus you get every AAA game day 1, which will never happen on PC.

I'd say the waste of money is paying for a high end GPU these days, especially with diminishing returns and skyrocketting GPU prices
Value play will be better I think with the new architectures. I’m personally watching for the 4060ti when that releases. Going any higher would likely demolish any frames per dollar value.
My graphics card cost the same price as a PS5.
I was looking at GPUs for a build in my canadian city. A 3070 was $1200 CAD before tax. Basically what I paid for my Series X and PS5.
A 100% agree, PC is killng it this gen.
PC is killing both performance and wallets.

Top Bottom