• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best Main Menu of the Final Fantasy saga

Kev Kev

My favorite, and what I think is best menu, is
Final Fantasy XV :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Other nice main menus are those of Final Fantasy Tactics - The War of the Lions, and Final Fantasy XII.

agreed. its one of those menus i used to turn on, and before i would start playing id just let sit there while i packed a bowl or whatever. it helped get me in the mood if that makes sense.

Griffon

Starting main menus were never a focus of past final fantasy. Pretty much just a very simple and sober "start" and "load" on a featureless black screen. It was an interesting quirk of the series.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
agreed. its one of those menus i used to turn on, and before i would start playing id just let sit there while i packed a bowl or whatever. it helped get me in the mood if that makes sense.

The game's OST is truly exceptional :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Myths

How did I know it would be him and that game ... yet again. Good grief man.

My pick is XII followed by VI.

Edit: nah, had to do it. XII’s “Loop Demo” has the best rendition of “Prelude” out the series.

Last edited:

Banned
XII is the best, the background video felt very modern in 2005 and still looked great now

xiii is my favorite too because it is so simple, white background, logo and that nostalgic piano sound

Teslerum

XII is the best, the background video felt very modern in 2005 and still looked great now

xiii is my favorite too because it is so simple, white background, logo and that nostalgic piano sound

XIII had a beautiful UI in general. Hell, beautiful art. Currently replaying it on PC at 4k/16CSAA with a recent community fix reminded me off that. Came out 10 years ago, still handlily beats most modern games in art direction.

Banned
XIII had a beautiful UI in general. Hell, beautiful art. Currently replaying it on PC at 4k/16CSAA with a recent community fix reminded me off that. Came out 10 years ago, still handlily beats most modern games in art direction.

yes, everything in the xiii looked very polished minus the story and map design

mcz117chief

XV is really great but my favorite is actually XIII-2's. I love the tune, the way the graphics show up, just everything.

yes, everything in the xiii looked very polished minus the story and map design

I like the story in XIII. It is as deep as you want it. You can either stay with just the cutscenes and fight the baddies or you can read a ton about the world and the lore which gets nicely fleshed out in XIII-2. Nothing comes close to Type 0 though, that game has some of the deepest lore I ever saw in a video game.

Last edited:

Coflash

Best menu in what way? Because FFXV's sucks with the mandatory waiting when it 'loads'. It's a pain in the ass actually, especially on PC where some changes continually force you back to that screen and the associated 3-5 second delay before you can interact with the options again.

Allow me to present... simplicity:

SvC2Wys.jpg

Loads immediately, every change is immediate and I can get on with playing the game.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Best menu in what way? Because FFXV's sucks with the mandatory waiting when it 'loads'. It's a pain in the ass actually, especially on PC where some changes continually force you back to that screen and the associated 3-5 second delay before you can interact with the options again.

Allow me to present... simplicity:

SvC2Wys.jpg

Loads immediately, every change is immediate and I can get on with playing the game.

Sounds like you just hate loading screens.

What did loading screens ever do to you, huh? What are you racist against loading screens?

That’s it isn’t it? You’re a fucking loading screen jackoff racist

Don’t get caught in the loading screen hood, or your ass gonna be waitin there at least 30-45 seconds... all I’m gonna say.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The Last Story's title/menu changed to reflect your progress in the game but I can barely find any of it online, here's a poor quality partial capture of one of them (possibly the final one?) and also of the first one before you play at all which is kinda eh, blank and boring, you start at some cave/ruin.

Last edited:

Coflash

Sounds like you just hate loading screens.

I actually love a good loading screen. One that has a loading bar accurately representing how long you will wait, tips for the game and a button to continue rather than loading into the game before I have a chance to read anything. But FFXV has loading screens and they come after this menu, they aren't the menu.

It's not loading either. You can simply enter the options menu (or any of the others), change nothing, return and you get the same delay each time. Pointless and annoying.

Kev Kev

I actually love a good loading screen. One that has a loading bar accurately representing how long you will wait, tips for the game and a button to continue rather than loading into the game before I have a chance to read anything. But FFXV has loading screens and they come after this menu, they aren't the menu.

It's not loading either. You can simply enter the options menu (or any of the others), change nothing, return and you get the same delay each time. Pointless and annoying.

Oh ok, well I was just joking lol

I really like the music and background of that FFXV menu, it’s relaxing, sets the mood perfectly for the game... oh and it was perfect while I was waiting for the game to download. Before I even started I was liking the game.

And as it turns out the game was fantastic, so it lived up to the menu hype 🤷‍♂️

Crisis Core

I love the piano.

If I had to go main line probably XV. Or even the PS1 variations of 1 and 2.

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I liked FFXIII's: clean and simple:

maxresdefault.jpg

Virex

Banned
The Last Story's title/menu changed to reflect your progress in the game but I can barely find any of it online, here's a poor quality partial capture of one of them (possibly the final one?) and also of the first one before you play at all which is kinda eh, blank and boring, you start at some cave/ruin.

I want to replay TLS and Pandora's Tower soon again. Loved those two games

Top Bottom