• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Best Game of the Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_master

I disagree. Generations are not about technical power, they're about timing. Cyberpunk will be released on PS5 at the same time as PS4 in November, not ported later, and will be remembered as a PS5/XseX game. To use an example, breath of the Wild was released on both WiiU and Switch at the same time, but is thought of as a current gen (Switch) game. Even though cyberpunk is cross-gen, it's releasing on next-gen systems during the next generation, which starts in November.
They release the PS4 version firt, which is compatible with PS5, and later on, they release a free upgrade for the PS5 with raytracing and other upgrades. It is a PS4/xbone game, always made for current gen

They release the PS4 version firt, which is compatible with PS5, and later on, they release a free upgrade for the PS5 with raytracing and other upgrades. It is a PS4/xbone game, always made for current gen

okay if it's playable through backwards compatibility and the next gen version is upgraded next year, I guess that's like getting ported later

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Admittedly I haven't played all of the games nominated but have played some and of them BOTW is definitely winner for me.

GametimeUK

Since we are just looking for the best game of the gen and we aren't necessarily ranking these games in order I must say this has been super entertaining and I've enjoyed this ride so far. Bloodborne vs God of War is my most hyped match for sure.

El Sueño

The finals: Witcher III versus Bloodborne. Wins Bloodborne obviously. The things I recall of the Witcher are: its beautiful landscapes and the witches arc..... and of Bloodborne: PERFECT THEMES AND OST, PERFECT LOVECRAFT INSPIRED ART, PERFECT AND EPIC BOSSES AND GAMEPLAY, AND A PERFECT LORE. In other words: EVERYTHING.
oguHBj.gif

Last edited:

Veysetia

To hell with the witcher 3 and everyone who supports that literal garbage. I guarantee none of the people who can't shut up about it primarily play RPGs, The Witcher 3 was the first and only RPG for a majority of the fan boys. I'm hopeful that Bloodborne or BotW pulled enough people from other genres/consoles/etc to swing the final vote past idiocy.

Barnabot

To hell with the BotW and everyone who supports that literal garbage. I guarantee none of the people who can't shut up about it primarily play RPGs, The BotW was the first and only RPG for a majority of the fan boys. I'm hopeful that Bloodborne or The Witcher 3 pulled enough people from other genres/consoles/etc to swing the final vote past idiocy.

To hell with the Bloodborne and everyone who supports that literal garbage. I guarantee none of the people who can't shut up about it primarily play RPGs, The Bloodborne was the first and only RPG for a majority of the fan boys. I'm hopeful that BotW or The Witcher 3 pulled enough people from other genres/consoles/etc to swing the final vote past idiocy.

chozen

The finals: Witcher III versus Bloodborne. Wins Bloodborne obviously. The things I recall of the Witcher are: its beautiful landscapes and the witches arc..... and of Bloodborne: PERFECT THEMES AND OST, PERFECT LOVECRAFT INSPIRED ART, PERFECT AND EPIC BOSSES AND GAMEPLAY, AND A PERFECT LORE. In other words: EVERYTHING.

Why do all BB fans talk like D. Final?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
To hell with the Bloodborne and everyone who supports that literal garbage. I guarantee none of the people who can't shut up about it primarily play RPGs, The Bloodborne was the first and only RPG for a majority of the fan boys. I'm hopeful that BotW or The Witcher 3 pulled enough people from other genres/consoles/etc to swing the final vote past idiocy.
I fully agree. Dark souls 2 sorts should win as it can't out this gen to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom