• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Best Game of the Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorkimoe

Red dead vs mario is going to happen and I will be so torn. Even though it will be a bloodbath because everyone hates red dead for some reason

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Red dead vs mario is going to happen and I will be so torn. Even though it will be a bloodbath because everyone hates red dead for some reason
Everyone hates Red Dead because it's a pacing mess. The game is too long and too restrictive in it's mission design. Characters and cutscenes are fantastic. Graphics too... but it's such a boring chore to play. Super immersive though if someone likes that.... Death Stranding was my gotg pick and it's gone now. Somehow DS is not as boring as RDR2 and that says something about rdr2 :p

dorkimoe

Everyone hates Red Dead because it's a pacing mess. The game is too long and too restrictive in it's mission design. Characters and cutscenes are fantastic. Graphics too... but it's such a boring chore to play. Super immersive though if someone likes that.... Death Stranding was my gotg pick and it's gone now. Somehow DS is not as boring as RDR2 and that says something about rdr2 :p
Get out of here with your logic and facts! I just think it was such an incredible achievement regardless of the pacing.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Get out of here with your logic and facts! I just think it was such an incredible achievement regardless of the pacing.
It was. I finished the damn thin in release week... and never wish to play it again. But I did fucking cried at the end... and then the game continued for another 7 hours. fucking wtf

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
It was. I finished the damn thin in release week... and never wish to play it again. But I did fucking cried at the end... and then the game continued for another 7 hours. fucking wtf

I did too .....................................over losing my brave white Arabian :messenger_beaming:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Those are the strongest contenders. Could be HZD in there too.

And I think BB will win.

But brackets have surprises, Like Persona beating LoU2 and a NieR beating RE2. That was a very close battle.

Of what's left HZD would be my choice, but I doubt it would win if it's even there. I think BoTW will be there at the very end and that would be my choice unless HZD manages to make it to the finish.

Ellery

Yup I agree with many here. On Neogaf and some other gaming forums Bloodborne will be the favorite to take it all.

Bloodborne, GoW, BOTW, Witcher 3. The upcoming threads are going to be amazing and I am genuinely looking forward to it

Quite Sure Witcher 3 will win this tournament. Might get beaten by to many Sony Fanbois/Trolls.

I love both and the choice is kinda hard. But overall Witcher 3 aka. CDPR did so much right and good for this Gen. I feel they deserve it a little bit more then God of War.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
IT IS AUGUST, next gen comes NOVEMBER, current gen will last a couple more years!!!

What is the point of this now, IN AUGUST?

Cyberpunk is current gen, as it will appear in current gen consoles first, and be optimized later. I get you want to organize a tournament, but the best games of the gen will be decided once the gen is over.
All future games will be released on NEXT GEN. This means, that in 7 years, we will start doing gotg from november 2020.
Unless ps4 and xbox one will get any more exclusives

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Game of the generation is already decided...
13-sentinels-aegis-rim-cover.cover_300x.jpg
812.gif

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
You can say the same about games like Ace Attorney and Zero Escape series and even with games like Detroit. Story are big part of the Adventure games.
I'm not saying story is unimportant, but 13 Sentinels isn't even a typical Vanillaware game, nor the sort of game I would expect someone to pick as their GotG.

Respect. I'm just asking because I know you love Gravity Rush and Nier Automata. I'm surprised you would commit your GotG to it.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm not saying story is unimportant, but 13 Sentinels isn't even a typical Vanillaware game, nor the sort of game I would expect someone to pick as their GotG.

Respect. I'm just asking because I know you love Gravity Rush and Nier Automata. I'm surprised you would commit your GotG to it.
I also LOVE Vanillaware games and I recently finished replaying Odin Sphere and remembered how much I love the story and characters, which made me even more hyped for 13 Sentinels. I know it’s crazy but 13 Sentinels has really good chance to surpass even NieR Automata as my GTOG and I LOOOVE Automata.

Also I’m type of person who considers Ace Attorney best game in entire Capcom, I do enjoy VN/Adventure games.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I also LOVE Vanillaware games and I recently finished replaying Odin Sphere and remembered how much I love the story and characters, which made me even more hyped for 13 Sentinels. I know it’s crazy but 13 Sentinels has really good chance to surpass even NieR Automata as my GTOG and I LOOOVE Automata.

Also I’m type of person who considers Ace Attorney best game in entire Capcom, I do enjoy VN/Adventure games.
That's what i figured but I wanted to clarify. 13 Sentinels must truly be something special for it to top Nier:Automata.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Why didn’t Mario Kart 8 Deluxe enter the contest? It keeps on selling for a reason.
IMHO BoTW is the easy pick.

the_master

All future games will be released on NEXT GEN. This means, that in 7 years, we will start doing gotg from november 2020.
Unless ps4 and xbox one will get any more exclusives
Cyberpunk is current gen.
God of War may also be getting an optimised version for PS5, same with every other Xbone and Ps5 game.
So this argument is invalid.

Cyberpunk is current gen.
God of War may also be getting an optimised version for PS5, same with every other Xbone and Ps5 game.
So this argument is invalid.
It's a Cross-gen game developed for next gen systems simultaneously, not ported to them later, so I think it won't be remembered as a current gen game

the_master

It's a Cross-gen game developed for next gen systems simultaneously, not ported to them later, so I think it won't be remembered as a current gen game
No, it is a game developed for current gen, and later on ported to next gen. It is not cross gen, even though it may be the best game to play on the new consoles.

Cyberpunk should've came out 2 years ago. I couldn't care less
Well, you couldn't care less but this does not disqualify it from best gen game contender

No, it is a game developed for current gen, and later on ported to next gen. It is not cross gen, even though it may be the best game to play on the new consoles.

I disagree. Generations are not about technical power, they're about timing. Cyberpunk will be released on PS5 at the same time as PS4 in November, not ported later, and will be remembered as a PS5/XseX game. To use an example, breath of the Wild was released on both WiiU and Switch at the same time, but is thought of as a current gen (Switch) game. Even though cyberpunk is cross-gen, it's releasing on next-gen systems during the next generation, which starts in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom