• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Best Game of the Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denton

Btw I am kinda pissed Kingdom Come Deliverance wasn't even in the running. Sure it was buggy at launch, but now it's the most immersive game I played since STALKER. Amazing open world RPG up there with the Witcher 3, hell, when it comes to gameplay mechanics it's better and deeper.

Of course I am under no illusion that it would go very far, since it is not as hugely popular as the blockbusters there (just like Prey and Dishonored 2 didn't stand a chance) but still.

Last edited:

Arkam

So it will come down to Witcher 3 vs BoTW? I can live with that.
That's a long shot buddy.
iu

BOTW will win.

BB fans angry from the semifinal will vote for BOTW and we'll get a BOTW game of the generation joke to all laugh at.
This is probably true since I'm a disgruntled Bloodborne voter. It will always be the PS4 game anyway.

Voted for MGS. BOTW will win in the end and we all know that. With that said, we all know Bloodborne is the true winner in everyone's hearts and minds. Was the only game that could actually put up a fight against two absolute giants in the open world category.

Edit: Looking at the first-rounders and it's no surprise Fortnite and PUBG ate shit right off the bat. Oh Gaf. :lollipop_grinning_smiling_eyes:

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I will say Death Stranding is my favorite game of the generation. The atmosphere and music came together for me in a beautiful way.

There shouldn’t be such a thing as second or third place when using brackets for voting.

Radiotimes recently did brackets for Bond actors and the end result was Connery was first, Dalton was “second place” and Brosnan came in “third”. Daniel Craig didn’t place because he was taken out by Connery in the first round.

If the Witcher 3 wins and Bloodborne beats MGSV, how do we know that Bloodborne wouldn’t have won against BOTW as well? If BOTW beats Witcher 3 how do we know that Witcher 3 would have beaten MGSV or Mario Odyssey or any of the other games that BOTW had to beat along the way?

The Miami Heat are the Eastern Conference champions. The NBA didn’t award them a second place medal when they lost in the finals to the Lakers.

the_master

There shouldn’t be such a thing as second or third place when using brackets for voting.

Radiotimes recently did brackets for Bond actors and the end result was Connery was first, Dalton was “second place” and Brosnan came in “third”. Daniel Craig didn’t place because he was taken out by Connery in the first round.

If the Witcher 3 wins and Bloodborne beats MGSV, how do we know that Bloodborne wouldn’t have won against BOTW as well? If BOTW beats Witcher 3 how do we know that Witcher 3 would have beaten MGSV or Mario Odyssey or any of the other games that BOTW had to beat along the way?

The Miami Heat are the Eastern Conference champions. The NBA didn’t award them a second place medal when they lost in the finals to the Lakers.
I think it is fun to vote for it though

Gandih42

If only Spider-Man and Phantom Pain had swapped places the semi-finalists would all have had perfectly symmetrical paths through the brackets ... Fuck.

That stupidity aside, being quite late to the party with BotW it didn't blow me away in the same way I think it did for many others. Absolutely a stunning game and deserves the recognition though. Haven't played Witcher 3 yet and got no clue what I'll be voting myself, but my guess for the winner is BotW.

Been lotsa fun watching these threads and seeing how people vote and discuss the games, thanks for all your work on it OP.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
After this can we perhaps gather all the titles that where nocked out in the first round for a multivote to see out of all of those which GAF hated the most, a worst of the worst if you will.

That way all the Last of Us 2 fans will stop bitching about how its rigged and there game never wins anything.

engstra

All just a bit of fun in the end. I think towards the end of the tournament, generally the strongest games have stood the test and deserve to be there. Brackets weren't perfect and maybe some of the matchups in the first round didn't perfectly make sense. Maybe Dreams vs Mario Maker could've faced off there, and for Last of Us 2 to get knocked out first round is a bit of a joke. But at the end, the top 3 I think most would agree are the ones that should be there.

dezzy8

No issues with the vote. I'm only challenging how it's being labeled since traditionally tournaments are winner takes all.
It’s not winner take all in fighting game tournaments. Usually the top 3 players usually get some compensation and in some cases it’s Top 8.

I can't believe bloodborne didn't make it to the final round. It's a GOAT game.

That being said so is witcher 3. I was never sure what all the botw was about.

hmm, All the Witcher 3 fans will be at work and all the BOTW fans will be off school. Best keep it til after the Halloween break, now that I think on it, just to keep things fair and even.

This whole poll has been bias towards BOTW. If you look at the left side of the brackets are all the great games, and on the right side of the brackets are all the shit games. If we had BOTW vs Bloodborne from the start, BOTW wouldn't have gotten past the first round.

Last edited:

Lethal01

This whole poll has been bias towards BOTW. If you look at the left side of the brackets are all the great games, and on the right side of the brackets are all the shit games. If we had BOTW vs Bloodborne from the start, BOTW wouldn't have gotten past the first round.

So how about them video games huh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom