• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Best Game of the Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Indeed you're not, when your rebuttals consists of only gif. Now sit down and enjoy the rest of the show, your team lost already.

Last edited:

Wunray

This whole poll has been bias towards BOTW. If you look at the left side of the brackets are all the great games, and on the right side of the brackets are all the shit games. If we had BOTW vs Bloodborne from the start, BOTW wouldn't have gotten past the first round.
Lol
Witcher 3 shouldn't have even been a nominee.
Its gonna be ok, everything will be fine 3rd place isn't so bad, there aren't many games that get that close to the witcher so thats an achievement.

bender

What time is it?
Its gonna be ok, everything will be fine 3rd place isn't so bad, there aren't many games that get that close to the witcher so thats an achievement.

My favorite game lost to Spider Man in the first round. If I cared in the first place (I don't), I certainly wouldn't be invested up to this point. Still fun topics to participate in.

Wunray

My favorite game lost to Spider Man in the first round. If I cared in the first place (I don't), I certainly wouldn't be invested up to this point. Still fun topics to participate in.
Ok I'm interested why would you put rocket league above games like spiderman mgs BB and BoTW?

bender

What time is it?
Ok I'm interested why would you put rocket league above games like spiderman mgs BB and BoTW?

I really like Spider Man but it's completely disposable. I like Bloodborne a lot. It's got a wonderful setting and is the tightest Souls style game that From has created but that comes with the sacrifice of depth and character build options. Breath of the Wild is a fantastic sandbox with an open world I loved exploring for hours on end. It's probably my favorite open world since Morrowind. The main campaign is pretty lackluster though.

Rocket League is pure mechanics. It's fun for any skill level to pick up and play and over the course of playing 23,096 matches it's been fun to see my skills evolve and how very far away I am from the best in the world. On the negative side, they've had pretty amazing support for the game but their monetization practices continue to get shittier and shittier.

In the end, there is no wrong choice (except Witcher 3)..

Wunray

I really like Spider Man but it's completely disposable. I like Bloodborne a lot. It's got a wonderful setting and is the tightest Souls style game that From has created but that comes with the sacrifice of depth and character build options. Breath of the Wild is a fantastic sandbox with an open world I loved exploring for hours on end. It's probably my favorite open world since Morrowind. The main campaign is pretty lackluster though.

Rocket League is pure mechanics. It's fun for any skill level to pick up and play and over the course of playing 23,096 matches it's been fun to see my skills evolve and how very far away I am from the best in the world. On the negative side, they've had pretty amazing support for the game but their monetization practices continue to get shittier and shittier.

In the end, there is no wrong choice (except Witcher 3)..
You know, thats a fairly unique opinion you hold and I got to respect that, not a alot See rocket league that way especially after their monetization fallout.
TW3 is GOAT no need to resist it let it wash over you

Fbh

Lol, 2 games left and neither is a Sony exclusive (and in the top 4 there is only one, which was only co-developed by a first party Sony studio)

But people in almost every one of these threads couldn't shut up about how Sony exclusives would automatically win because fanboys and "SonyGaf"

Kokoloko85

Lol, 2 games left and neither is a Sony exclusive (and in the top 4 there is only one, which was only co-developed by a first party Sony studio)

But people in almost every one of these threads couldn't shut up about how Sony exclusives would automatically win because fanboys and "SonyGaf"

Well they all faced each other in the quarter final.... look at the brackets....
Clearly they have great exclusives

Last edited:

Fbh

Well they all faced each other in the quarter final.... look at the brackets....
Clearly they have great exclusives

True, but to be fair we still had The Witcher 3 taking out Tsushima and Bloodborne, MGSV taking out Horizon and Spiderman, Alyx taking out Death Stranding and VII remake (timed exclusive) taking out Uncharted 4 (full first party exclusive).

I'm just saying, for as much complaining as I saw about GAF having a Sony bias and everyone voting for Sony games just because they are Sony games...this sort of proves that wasn't the case. Otherwise the last 2 games should have been something like Bloodborne Vs Spiderman

teezzy

Banned
People are taking thisso seriously. Its just a user creating some fun for us by setting up some silly brackets. We all knew itd come down to Witcher 3 or BotW in the end with Bloodborne being the niche fan favorite pick. Its personal preference from this point on. Frankly, its chill that MGS5 made it as far as it did, that was unexpected

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Top two games I own and could not stay awake to finish. Well, at least Skyrim didn't win.

Mozzarella

Congratulations to the Witcher 3, a well deserved winner. (and my condolences for its haters *lol*).
Congratulations to the other great games that reached the final 8 as well.

Three of the most celebrated games of this gen were all in the semi finals; Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Breath of the Wild. Everything seems normal.

This was honestly a great generation for games, with strong years like 2015, 2017 and 2019 for indies.
I highly recommend Outer Wilds (2019) for people who are eager for any exploration game set in space, its something really unique, one of the best games ever made.

Thanks to xxxKarma for taking the effort to organize this.

Lets hope next generation will be better or at least as good!

Oppoi

The Witcher 3 is akin to be more a interactive story novel than a videogame and while some parts are brilliant other parts are lacking. BOTW is built around gameplay and still packs a great story in a perfect package.

DogofWar

I have gotten into more heated arguments during this series of threads/battles than in any political discussion this year. Here or otherwise.

Great work and shoutout to .Pennywise .Pennywise for taking his time with it. (Even though the filthy casual did not like Bloodborne!)

Last edited:

.Pennywise

Banned
I have gotten into more heated arguments during this series of threads/battles than in any political discussion this year. Here or otherwise.

Great work and shoutout to .Pennywise .Pennywise for taking his time with it. (Even though the filthy casual did not like Bloodborne!)
I like Bloodborne. I don't like hyperboles.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks to all for the participation and support! I wanted to close the tournament when the last match ended but ufortunately life got in the way. Anyway, I finally could do it, you can go to the closing thread where you can find some little stats and if you want share your opinions and complaints (😂).

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom