• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The battle over Gamestop is getting really interesting

LordOfChaos

Ok so for people who may know more, what is the gameplan here? We wait until the morning and see where it's at? How long are people going to hold for?

Well I'm going for a wider net than last time, lock in more profit earlier, but at the same time with billions being raised to deal with the type of liquidity crisis and all eyes being on the brokers this time not to screw it up, all that derailed the train early last time, I'm also kinda not seeing a real reason it can't even outdo the last time, so there's still some moonshot limit sells in the mix.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot who saw about a Tesla Model 3 come and go last time. Your appetite for risk is your own.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Know the crazy thing? Irregardless to Melvin or other hedge funds having covered or not, because it peaked previously in the 450+ range and the bears shorted the living fuck out of it on the way down, we might see this YO-YO effect for a long time, squeeze after squeeze. Let’s see. If I sell high, I’ll buy again in the lows the following week for sure now.

Last edited:

Dane

I don’t want to jinx it, but are you guys seeing this today?

A month has turned, so people who have money around to use for fun pumped again.

At this rate hedge funds will ragequit, the median price even after the boom was still 2.5-3x higher than before.

Buggy Loop

188$ And climbing...

This is not retail investors only by the way, impossible to have like 35M volume after hour from retail. Hedge funds are driving this, probably smelled blood in either the data, upcoming Finra report or something else, but it seems like an upcoming backstab at a competitor.

Oh and the volume of calls now ITM (against all odds) for Friday? Gamma squeeze!!!

Last edited:

hollams

Gold Member
So I bought 5 shares about 30 min before the closing upping my shares to 12 total from when I bought some 2 weeks ago. The stock gets stalled so it closes at 91. After hours trading started so I watch it hover around 85 or so and get nervous and think yep this is about right fixing to go down so I went ahead and sold at 84 just to make a small profit from the huge loss I took 3 weeks ago. Less than a minutes later I look and the stock when to 120, it was amazing and sad at the same time.

LordOfChaos

imo going down below 100, after i fomo at 150. :messenger_loudly_crying:

seems like a pump after accumulation on dfv doubling down tweet..

He doubled down days ago, it bumped a bit but came back down.

Today all there was was the news of them booting a crappy CFO and looking for a new one, but that came out yesterday and it was still just chilling for most of today until the end. I guess there was also...This?

The morning did flash to very low shares outstanding. Dunno. Maybe it was a mix of everything and fomo up.

Buggy Loop

Can't be a retail side "pump" with +35M volume after hour (who the hell trades AH except HFs).

There's really no explanation as of now either for the huge vertical jump with little to no volume pre 1pm.

I don't have the answer, but there's no volume to say it's a pump. Look at AMC, 376.88M volume vs GME's mere 83.11M, that's even low compared to the last volumes where we saw peaks on GME (i think peak volume GME was nearly a trillion?)

He doubled down days ago, it bumped a bit but came back down.

Today all there was was the news of them booting a crappy CFO and looking for a new one, but that came out yesterday and it was still just chilling for most of today until the end. I guess there was also...This?

The morning did flash to very low shares outstanding. Dunno. Maybe it was a mix of everything and fomo up.

I saw that image from Ryan Cohen and i can't make sense of it... what does it mean?

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

I saw that image from Ryan Cohen and i can't make sense of it... what does it mean?

He's either playing 9 dimensional chess with a breadcrumb for those who can follow...Or it means nothing at all.

MACD line...McDonalds? It's a froggy leap

conspiracy-theory-meme-salvator-mundi.jpg

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Seems like the only explanation for this crazy takeoff.

By the chain reaction of calls getting ITM early on with the past days effort of retail (or bullish HF) pushing a certain the tipping point, the delta requirement of those options made the market makers have to remain delta neutral (MMs are always delta neutral, they always hedge against you) so it made a chain reaction of them buying shares (hedging). By buying shares, they raise the price.. causing a lot of higher up call volume to become ITM, having again.. to buy shares to remain delta neutral.. and.. well i don't know when it stops? There's already a drought of shares on this stock, so market makers probably had a bid war to find shares while they could. Kind of a perfect storm.

Might fall back as fast as it went up so keep your eyes peeled for an exit if you're still in.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

I'm out of the loop since I don't have GME stonks.

What is the news? Have the hedgefunds been punished yet? Or did everything fizzle out

Well the first run up ran over one and a half hedge funds if that's your question

Then market makers like Robinhood turned off buys and the price cratered. Today it's back to being up 104% and soaring after hours...So we'll see.

This time is moving even faster than the last, it was a couple of weeks to build up and then three days of insanity, this just took off from nothing harder and sharper

Fucking $GME man. I missed the run up, I had stopped following the ticker a few weeks ago, I was too busy watching my damn $AMC Option Call! When it finally came to my attention it was just about market closing. I nearly got a Call in @ $112! I hit buy and market closed. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that sell would be filled for that price at market open... so I canceled it. Damn you GameStop, you've screwed me again :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Be careful guys. There is over $6.7 Million dollars worth of Calls purchased on Wednesday, I'm guessing most of them were placed after 2pm EST. $AMC is also running up real nice, I put in a limit order for a call @ $12, we'll see if that gets filled at market open. $AMC has been slowly ramping up through out the week starting last Thursday. $GME is so fucking unpredictable. My cousin is out $60 G's on GME, but he stay and just held. He had all but resigned to the fact that $GME would be around $30-$45, but this run up really helps him out as I'm sure it does for a lot of other ppl.

Last edited:
Haha, here we go guys. The Second Battle of Gamestop is joined. This time the short sellers won't have the entire mainstream media trying to cover their asses, and Robinhood is going to get fucking nuked from orbit if they try to restrict buying again.

DeaDPo0L84

If buying shares during extended hours is it better to do market or limit purchases? Not necessarily trying to buy at the moment but just curious for future purchases as I keep getting wildly different opinions.

If buying shares during extended hours is it better to do market or limit purchases? Not necessarily trying to buy at the moment but just curious for future purchases as I keep getting wildly different opinions.
Market orders wont fill during pre/after so your only option is to use Limit orders. Just make sure you pick a price that will actually get filled. Be sure to set the order to fill during pre/after also, usually wont by default.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Market orders wont fill during pre/after so your only option is to use Limit orders. Just make sure you pick a price that will actually get filled. Be sure to set the order to fill during pre/after also, usually wont by default.
So would it be best to maybe up the limit amount by a dollar or two and hope it sells at either the current price or potentially lower once it clears?

So would it be best to maybe up the limit amount by a dollar or two and hope it sells at either the current price or potentially lower once it clears?
Yes, it should try to give you the best price possible even if you set your limit a little high/low to be safe. Assuming there's someone on the other end selling/buying at a better price.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
oof it was crashing to 137 and then halted, I'm already out at 160 with a grand in profit, so good luck to the rest of y'all.

futurama78

Banned
So what shit just fluctuates and you make money timing trading? I mean that’s penny stock trading so it’s just an easy app to abuse?
My dad needs to give me like 5k. I heard penny stocking needed 10k minimum. I’m not there yet. He just needs yo give me like 50k then or something cause he is 68 and like I get it when he dies but he’s have to take out a 401k loan so like wtf why didn’t he do an IRA unless you can only get it when you retire. He’s going to 72. Us poor folk.

Last edited:

TVexperto

So what shit just fluctuates and you make money timing trading? I mean that’s penny stock trading so it’s just an easy app to abuse?
My dad needs to give me like 5k. I heard penny stocking needed 10k minimum. I’m not there yet. He just needs yo give me like 50k then or something cause he is 68 and like I get it when he dies but he’s have to take out a 401k loan so like wtf why didn’t he do an IRA unless you can only get it when you retire. He’s going to 72. Us poor folk.
this has to be a troll post

Buggy Loop

So if the gamma squeeze like yesterday repeat, it’ll be with the with 130$ calls, then 150$, then whooping firework at 200$, 250, 300, etc. See the volume of 800$ calls? If that is reached, oh gawd

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
So if the gamma squeeze like yesterday repeat, it’ll be with the with 130$ calls, then 150$, then whooping firework at 200$, 250, 300, etc. See the volume of 800$ calls? If that is reached, oh gawd
I don't want to deal with the stress of that kind of speculation lol. If it bottom's out at ~40 again I'll probably jump back in :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Buggy Loop

the joker GIF

Seems like there was a momentary delta hedging for 130$ calls. Shorters are working extra hard to not let it go up.

This is hedge funds vs hedge funds btw, if you’re in the ride as of now, no, you’re not in control (outside of deciding when to jump out). Retail is taken for a ride to god knows where, they’re not friends either even if the HF is bullish, they might open the door of the car and kick you out when they’re satisfied with the results.

Edit : 150$ call firework about to blow up. The bullish hedge fund set up an amazing daisy chain of gamma squeezes along the way, insane !

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

I booked a little profit when it bumped into my 150 limit sells, but most of them are still set higher. Can't say your hands are diamond if you switch to paper the second you get punched in the face!

Lets goo. We have plenty of astronauts left stranded above 200 to pick up.

Top Bottom