• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Opinion Game Dev The Assassin’s Creed franchise’s long-serving art director Raphael Lacoste is leaving Ubisoft

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

Lacoste worked on eight entries in the Assassin’s Creed franchise during his time at Ubisoft, including 2007’s original.

According to his LinkedIn profile, he was the franchise’s art director for almost 10 years, working on Assassin’s Creed titles including Revelations, Black Flag, Origins, and most recently Valhalla.

Reactions: Mr Moose

eyesabitdull

May 10, 2020
Thank god.

Now he can go off and do other great things with the talent that he has.

I'm excited to see where he lands.

Reactions: Kuranghi

Kuranghi

Apr 17, 2015
They told him:

Ubisoft higher ups: "Moving forward we don't really have time for "art" anymore, its just going to be whiteboxes at launch and we'll rely on users to create mods that add the textures, etc. That coo?"

Raphael Lacoste: *already driving away in his car*

Fahdis

Nov 30, 2018
The original AC team is getting together. I am buying this game Day 1.

• LOL
Reactions: BPX

SSfox

Lies about why mods reply ban and warn me.
Jan 7, 2018
Interesting that he joined Jade studio, even tho i'm not excited about that GaaS, but maybe there is a chance it would be something cool