• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ascent releasing 29th July. Previews are UP!

Bartski

Gold Member

Edit: Curve Digital is the publisher of The Ascent on STEAM.

CONFIRMED:

PREVIOUS DROPPING NOW:

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
tenor.gif

So just two more months, can't wait!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Especially when the closest game in comparison to it Alienation runs at 1080p 30fps and looks like this:

Wow that looks stunning still.

But yeah, Everything about Ascent looks next gen as fuck. The lighting looks next gen. The bounce lighting is simply not possible this gen. The materials look next gen and come alive with the bounce lighting. Smoke effects and other visual effects in general look next gen.

IIRC, they announced it for last gen console but I dont see how the base x1 can run this even at 720p 30 fps without severe downgrades to the lighting and texture quality.

Mister Wolf

Wow that looks stunning still.

But yeah, Everything about Ascent looks next gen as fuck. The lighting looks next gen. The bounce lighting is simply not possible this gen. The materials look next gen and come alive with the bounce lighting. Smoke effects and other visual effects in general look next gen.

IIRC, they announced it for last gen console but I dont see how the base x1 can run this even at 720p 30 fps without severe downgrades to the lighting and texture quality.

Its a damn shame Alienation never got a PS4 Pro patch. The Ascent's great great grandfather Smash TV would be proud.

Last edited:

drotahorror

I was excited for this but the gameplay looks really generic. Guns look boring, cover-based mechanics (lol), no flashy abilities (only melee abilities?), no environmental destruction or physics, just looks really vanilla.

hlm666

Oh wow, recently had a thing for overhead shooters and been playing things like alien breed trilogy (amiga version on uae) and some arcade ones like alien syndrome on mame, and the person ive been playing them with wants to hit up alien swarm next. So this is gonna get some time from us.

MastaKiiLA

Looks awesome! The IGN preview is fucking pathetic. He played it on mouse+kb. Did the others as well? I've watched all but the last one. Anyway, do we know the PC requirements for this? I'm hoping my computer can run this.

EDIT: Is there a reason IGN continues to show next-gen games in 1080p? They can't afford a 4k capture card? FFS.

Last edited:

reksveks

Looks awesome! The IGN preview is fucking pathetic. He played it on mouse+kb. Did the others as well? I've watched all but the last one. Anyway, do we know the PC requirements for this? I'm hoping my computer can run this.

EDIT: Is there a reason IGN continues to show next-gen games in 1080p? They can't afford a 4k capture card? FFS.
PC Specs are out yeah.

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K (4 * 3400) or equivalent / AMD FX-8350 (4 * 4000) or equivalent
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 660 ( 2048 MB) / Radeon R9 390X (8192 MB)
    • Storage: 35 GB available space

Bartski

Gold Member
very curious to see how deep the builds go and if you can play it more offensively than what we see in those previews

CloudNull

Banned
This game looks like it captures the atmosphere and aesthetic of a cyberpunk world better than Cyberpunk 2077 did. 2077 felt a bit like GTA with a cyberpunk skin sometimes.
I agree 100%. I loved 2077 to death but I think this atmosphere really captures the Cyberpunk vibe. I hope there is a good story to drive the gameplay.

MrS

Banned
Looks so good. Would buy this if I had an Xbox, forget playing it on GP. So reminiscent of Alienation on PS4.

Last edited:
PC Specs are out yeah.

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K (4 * 3400) or equivalent / AMD FX-8350 (4 * 4000) or equivalent
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 660 ( 2048 MB) / Radeon R9 390X (8192 MB)

What, how can the specs be that low? It looks amazing, like a true next gen title.

kikii

What, how can the specs be that low? It looks amazing, like a true next gen title.

Recommended Requirements​

• Processor: i7 processor or equivalent
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 2070 GTX or equivalent
E: should prolly be RTX instead of GTX

Last edited:
Top Bottom