• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ascent dev says it’s ‘aware’ of demand for a PS5 version

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Responding to a user on Twitter on Friday, The Ascent’s official Twitter account gave fans hope that a PlayStation version of the game could eventually arrive.

It wrote: “Thanks for letting us know you’d like to see The Ascent on PS5! While we don’t have anything to announce right now, we want you to know we hear you and the team are aware of the demand for a PS5 version. Keep an eye right here on our Twitter for updates!”

Kuranghi

Did they actually fix the stuttering on PC yet? I checked the steam threads a week or so ago and there was nothing about it.

After attempting to play for about 10 hours on Xbox, I have to say that the only thing I would "demand" is that they fix the game so that I stop losing key items

CamHostage

That'd be nice. The Ascent was a real feather in the Xbox's cap for highlighting a promising new studio's first work and having it achieve on its promise (kind of like Kena: Bridge of Spirits was for PS,) but unless Microsoft intends on bringing Neon Giant into the fold or backing their next project, it'll be good to see The Ascent continue to expand some time in the future.

I don’t even know wtf the ascent is but okay

Kuranghi

Was that issue with only game pass or steam as well?

Different (but compounding) issues I believe. DX12 was generally broken with massive stutters from frametime spikes approaching seconds and the GP version was stuck on DX12 and so that made that version unplayable.

The steam version (in DX11 mode) I found really hard to run at locked 30fps even at reduced settings and 1080p on a GTX 1080 (let alone 60fps) due to it randomly not taking full advantage of my GPU and then dropping frames because of that, especially in the first hub area you reach. That was what I mainly wanted to be fixed but there were also frametime spikes from shader compilation when specific things happened like red barrels exploding (this happens in almost every encounter), really long freezes came from that as well so we just stopped playing.

I think its better to play it on console generally.

Top Bottom