• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ascent: Brand New Gameplay for this Sci-Fi ARPG

Tommi84

Why wait? Just get yourself an Xbox console and Gamepass and you've got the best deal in gaming, sit back and enjoy.
I already don't have enough time to play all the games I have on Playstation (have like 60 games in backlog) and you ask me to buy a new device and invest monthly in gamepass?
Why? So I have even more games I'll not play?

And if it comes,I'll buy it cheap ;)

Last edited:
I already don't have enough time to play all the games I have on Playstation (have like 60 games in backlog) and you ask me to buy a new device and invest monthly in gamepass?
Michael Richards Yes GIF

SirTerry-T

Yeah got this locked and loaded, just so many games I'm looking forward to coming to Gamepass over the next 5 months. It's been a bit of a wait but Xbox have finally got their shit together. Flightsim and this, Psychonauts 2 and 12 minutes next month and that's just what I'm concentrating on.
"Loaded" is the game that springs to mind everytime I see this game. Looks worth a punt!

Roberts

Recycle topic just to stay relevant. pure cringe. there is nothing new. almost 2 weeks old gameplay.
People are excited about an awesome looking game and yet you are here again like you usually do on Xbox threads, adding nothing but your own insecurities. Must be awful to have Xbox living in your mind rent free. Piece of advice: if you hate Xbox so much, at least do it with wit and humour, like some of the people here do. Will make you look better.

Speaking of the game, at first I thought it will be a more straight forward twin stick shooter like Ruiner, so I’m really glad it comes with RPG elements.

That's another benefit of gamepass. You never have any backlog.

You never feel guilty or compelled to play something from your backlog cause you bought it.

It just allows you to focus on what you want to play at the moment. It's liberating.

That's another benefit of gamepass. You never have any backlog.

You never feel guilty or compelled to play something from your backlog cause you bought it.

It just allows you to focus on what you want to play at the moment. It's liberating.
I'm new to Gamepass, and I feel a ticking clock all the time. Unless it's actually a first party title, it will not be on there indefinitely so you have a limited amount of time to beat the games you want to play. I'm not sure how long they typically stay on there yet, but I know Cross Code just left Gamepass and I would have played that in a few months if it was still on there. Going to have to beat Yakuza: Like a Dragon in the next few months.

I'm new to Gamepass, and I feel a ticking clock all the time. Unless it's actually a first party title, it will not be on there indefinitely so you have a limited amount of time to beat the games you want to play. I'm not sure how long they typically stay on there yet, but I know Cross Code just left Gamepass and I would have played that in a few months if it was still on there. Going to have to beat Yakuza: Like a Dragon in the next few months.

I try not to get fixated on stuff, if one thing goes away, another one comes to take its place.

That way I get to try stuff I wouldn't have otherwise, or stuff that is going under the radar.

I have given up the idea I will be able to play everything that I want to. It's better to leave some stuff. I recently fired up a xbox 360 and realised I had nothing new to play as I had obsessively cleaned up everything from that generation on both ps360.

Gediminas

Banned
People are excited about an awesome looking game and yet you are here again like you usually do on Xbox threads, adding nothing but your own insecurities. Must be awful to have Xbox living in your mind rent free. Piece of advice: if you hate Xbox so much, at least do it with wit and humour, like some of the people here do. Will make you look better.

Speaking of the game, at first I thought it will be a more straight forward twin stick shooter like Ruiner, so I’m really glad it comes with RPG elements.
where is in this message says that i hate xbox? i am usually in xbox threads? oh really? xbox rent free? 0 mention xbox or other platforms, and you speak about xbox rent free, look at a mirror. pure cringe to bait.
you don't need to create fake narrative and astroturf here, plenty of people doing that already.

message was about New Gameplay as Topic states, that is not true and that is not new gameplay. fake topic, that's it.

if you want to know about the game, than yes, game looks really nice. i wish i had the time to play it, but i am busy with another game at the moment.

shubik

The game looks phenomenal. Is this a timed exclusive and if so has there been any rumor regarding a SONY release? <

Edit:
Nevermind I already saw the answer in the thread :)

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
That's still not abundance mindset. If the game leaves and you didn't have time, you still get 20% off in most cases, and you can just discover a new game. CrossCode released on GP in July 2020, so that was a year-long stint. From what I've seen it's generally in the 6-month to 1-year range, and they have a 'Leaving Soon' section on GP to let you know.

Duchess

Rest of the world will be playing this on Gamepass.
1. Actually, it might be £59.99.

2. It might only be on GamePass until 2028, after which people will have to buy it.

3. You added an asterisk* to the £70 and then didn't add a legend, which is hitting my OCD something hard.

(* - no, not the Gaul who beats up Romans)

Fredrik

This is not an RPG, as there's more player skill involved than character skill.

It's an action game with character customization.
It’s stated to be an action RPG, looks very competent as an action game but to me it looks more than a RPG here than I ever expected, they have been keeping this part of the game hidden in videos so far. Going by this video it’s unclear how much freedom you have over character creation though and if you can choose different classes etc. But you have none of that in FF so that’s hardly what defines an RPG. There are character stats, gear, skills, you level up, there are loot and quests, dialogue choices, to me that’s enough to say it’s an RPG. I’m positively surprised by all this, looks amazing!

drotahorror

Not that every game like this has to have an end game, but a little something would be nice. Supposedly this is a one and done ARPG. There's definitely room for those sort of games though.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Not that every game like this has to have an end game, but a little something would be nice. Supposedly this is a one and done ARPG. There's definitely room for those sort of games though.
Main mission alone is 15-20 hours and there are lots of side missions and stuff to find so it’s still a relatively chunky thing for $30. The replayability will come from character build differences I assume, and co-op if you’re into that.

I need this game footage in 4K.

Game looks absolute tits and one of the few games i'd get a XSEX for, this blurry ass 1080p video is not doing it justice :messenger_loudly_crying:

anthony2690

Banned

& Still never play it after buying it cheap ;) haha

Top Bottom