• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Art of Halo Infinite (The Reason the flight almost got delayed, bunch of concept arts included in build)

In yesterday’s live stream we mentioned that there was an issue that might delay our Multiplayer Tech Preview. Well, the issue was this: we unintentionally included a group of concept art files in the Tech Preview build.

To be clear: none of these images spoil the Halo Infinite Campaign that you’ll get to play on December 8th. Indeed, we’ve already shown some of these images in previous blog posts.

This art represents a wide range of ideas that we explored early in pre-production and that we planned to share at a later date, as part of Infinite’s pre-launch promotion and other initiatives such as the upcoming “The Art of Halo Infinite” from our partners at Dark Horse (check out some sample excerpts below). For a time, we used these images as loading screens for internal studio builds—and that’s how they accidentally ended up in the Tech Preview build.

Rather than delay the flight, we’ve decided to share all the files with you now. Call it an unplanned “Happy Tech Preview Day!” gift. So, please enjoy this collection of beautiful art from 343 Industries’ incredibly talented concept art team. Download the collection here: 4K Zip File | HD Zip File

These images have inspired us—filled our minds with wonder and possibilities—and we hope they do the same for you.

Joseph Staten

Head of Creative, Halo Infinite

Many more included. 67 included

NZj0g2J.jpg
SRKeWKQ.jpg
jCB9Gh7.jpg
EIGhBxX.jpg
G5Raemm.jpg
NqgjT1D.jpg
HI24f4y.jpg
Gv3o6UF.jpg
yFP3Gqx.jpg
2LezbZE.jpg
z0cvaqG.jpg
xWMpHry.jpg
cq0fxDo.jpg
kDy5PXl.jpg
I3gtB3Z.jpg
ZUA1zm7.jpg
3q6j3S9.jpg
PKIFRXy.jpg

Last edited:

Codes 208

I do like that second to last photo, shows a legitimate hybrid of being a 343i design for forerunner tech but with metals that look closer to bungie’s design.

Last edited:
That shot with a Brute standing over a defeated/injured Master Chief is badass. I'll definitely purchase this artbook once it is made available. Also good to know the possible flight delay was not due to some overlooked game-breaking bug.

Don't really dig that hexagon column stuff they're doing in the open world. It just looks like a glitch or a cheapout to save environmental detail. The bottom two look interesting though.

Seeing how they're utilized in the maps they're in so far makes me not concerned. They add a nice visual breakup to the natural environments. All sorts of ways to express themselves artistically with this one. Plus, the environments seem packed with all kinds of crazy detail.

skit_data

Don't really dig that hexagon column stuff they're doing in the open world. It just looks like a glitch or a cheapout to save environmental detail. The bottom two look interesting though.
I honestly think a lot of people mistook that for poor graphics when it was shown the first time. I don’t like it either, but then again I’m not a Halo player and I’m not very fond of Bungies original aesthetics either.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
That's because they're literally building the Halo ring. This was one of the dumbest complaints aimed at Halo infinites initial reveal and its sad that its still being used.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Its not that different from the design philosophy of bungie. In the last level of halo 3 i recall the falling platforms were hexagon shaped and the mountains in the distance looked like columns.

its definitely different here but also eerily similar.

ZehDon

... Also, whoever is responsible for these pylon structures is a moron, that will look TERRIBLE in game because of how basic the geometry is:
We've already seen them in-game, and they already looked terrible:
Screenshot-43.png

Filling your seen with lots of long flat rectangular faced objects that lack any form of broken-up detail is always going to look flat, boring, and un-interesting. It feels like an artistic decision made to accommodate weaker hardware; it must cut down on the raw geometry in the scene enormously.

We've already seen them in-game, and they already looked terrible:
Screenshot-43.png

Filling your seen with lots of long flat rectangular faced objects that lack any form of broken-up detail is always going to look flat, boring, and un-interesting. It feels like an artistic decision made to accommodate weaker hardware; it must cut down on the raw geometry in the scene enormously.
LOL, using stills from last years E3 demo to try and prove a moot point when anyone's who's been following the game knows full well that the graphics have improved considerably since then.

ZehDon

LOL, using stills from last years E3 demo to try and prove a moot point when anyone's who's been following the game knows full well that the graphics have improved considerably since then.
Garbage-tier post.

I'd use this year's E3 Campaign demo... but we didn't get one. Sure, we have multiplayer footage, but that doesn't highlight the visual impact of these simple geometric structures filling the play space. The result is largely unavoidable due to the simplistic nature of the objects: the graphics have been improved, but there's only so much you can do with lots of flat rectangular faced objects stacked next to each other. Its visually uninteresting and looks flat... because the objects are visually uninteresting and they are literally flat.

As for your piss-poor attempts at dismissal because you don't like my opinion on this type of landscape, check my post history. Fuck it, I'll quote myself:
Hot damn; shaping up to be the best Halo MP I've seen since Halo 3. Have 343i actually, finally, delivered?

Maybe you should take a step back and understand that one can enjoy something and still not gush over every aspect of it. Best of luck.

Top Bottom