• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Race All-Stars Cast Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

This is going to be a long season methinks.
I'm usually ultra-gung ho about TAR but it's going to take a lot for CBS to win me over this year.

Happy to see Mallory again, at least.

Totally ok with who got eliminated this leg. They really self destructed so early too. Man, and they finished in the final three in their season?

I'm still pretty meh on this season. Mostly due to all the third timers running around.

Guangzhou still looked pretty nice though.

RangersFan

Fuck this season, seriously. I really really don't want Globetrotters, Margie and Luke, Jet and Cord pretty much all the third timers I don't want any of them to win. And I hate pretty much all the other teams. If I had to pick someone to cheer for I guess it would be Brenchel, David and Connor or just Mallory.

Camwi

Otherwise i wouldn't watch the upcoming episodes. The Twinnies are so annoying.

Next the YouTube Duo, please.

Yes please, or the Afghanimals, though I think Team Youtube are much more likely to go as they're a much shittier team.

Glad to see the Cowboys and Team Cancer up at the top.

UberTag

My one takeaway from the edit of this week's episode that felt odd was that Cord was front-and-center in most of the Cowboys segments whereas the past two times they were on Jet was featured much more prominently.

It was an interesting juxtaposition - and it wasn't just because Cord did the roadblock, either. He was driving both the interview sessions and the decision making for the team in this episode and Jet was the one taking a step back. I'm actually fine with this because I think Cord's more genuine so I have no problem with him being highlighted.

It also felt a little douchey to have Luke call attention to his mom's fear of heights after sending her up to do the challenge. I mean, hey, why didn't you volunteer to do it pal instead of undermining her while she tackles Roadblock #1?

Not only that but you would think that a team that has been derailed TWICE by Luke fucking up on a challenging roadblock task would take advantage of an easy one with a healthy lead cushion to have him go up and get one out of the way. Seems like a total lack of forethought on their part. If there was one takeaway to learn from on Luke & Margie's previous two stints on the show it was that and they clearly didn't.

Cat Party

Wasn't expecting this season to start off with such a gut punch before the race even began.

I can't wait for Brendan and Rachel to be eliminated. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Mission

OMG !!! I just realised who got eliminated first. I can watch this season now. I had flat out refused. No way I was going to endure another season like that. Time to go set the PVR.

UberTag

OMG !!! I just realised who got eliminated first. I can watch this season now. I had flat out refused. No way I was going to endure another season like that. Time to go set the PVR.
I have my doubts as to whether this season will become tolerable even with the Twinnies gone.

Well Meghan isn't annoying, but damn Joey is the annoying one.

Has episode 2 aired in the US yet? It was on early in Canada so I'll spoiler

I hate when people complain that the country singers get everything they want because they are blonde....

Mission

I hate when people complain that the country singers get everything they want because they are blonde....

Except that they later said it was a guy thing only when 2 or more women did that challenge just fine.

Camwi

Yeah, that was a really annoying comment.
It couldn't possibly be that the Cowboys are a smart team that made the strategic choice to give the pass to a crappy team, it was obviously just their dicks doing the thinking for them.[/sarcasm]

Also, even though I would've preferred for Team Youtube to go, I'm kinda happy that Team Kentucky went. They seemed really miserable with each other. Mallory was absolutely right about the bags, though. In a race for a million fucking dollars, I would have no problem racing in the same stinky clothes for a month straight.

Hm, didn't expect so early for teams to start breaking down already.

Completely ok with who got eliminated this week. It was already a Frankstein team and you could tell they didn't completely trust each other which made it hard to watch.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
1324682-sonicsegaracingcast.jpg
Such a great game.

SmithnCo

Hm, didn't expect so early for teams to start breaking down already.

Completely ok with who got eliminated this week. It was already a Frankstein team and you could tell they didn't completely trust each other which made it hard to watch.

Yeah, they didn't really seem like they worked that well together.

RangersFan

Glad Kentucky is gone. Mallory is sweet, but just horrible teamwork. Mark is an idiot. If you leave a roadblock in first you continue on. Get your bag after the detour. The detour is what makes or breaks each leg.

RangersFan

lol, that looks hilarious.

Also liked Brenchel's raft antics on this episode, I hope they don't get eliminated too early because they are fun to watch.

Exactly, that's why I've come to root for them. Through 2 seasons of BB and Amazing Race I've come to respect them despite the annoying ditz facade that turn most viewers away. They were dominant in BB challenges and a very good team on Amazing Race. But always entertaining because they are one Rachel meltdown away from throwing it all away.

Camwi

So happy to see Team Youtube gone. For supposed Youtube stars, those two had zero personality.

Exactly, that's why I've come to root for them. Through 2 seasons of BB and Amazing Race I've come to respect them despite the annoying ditz facade that turn most viewers away. They were dominant in BB challenges and a very good team on Amazing Race. But always entertaining because they are one Rachel meltdown away from throwing it all away.

Rachel's not actually as stupid as she seems?

RangersFan

Rachel's not actually as stupid as she seems?

She is extremely ditzy, and emotional, but I don't think stupid. Brendon is smart. Collectively they dominated a lot of the physical and endurance challenges in Big Brother, particularly Rachel.

Soured it was a non-elim since it was a pretty good episode.

Would have been content if either of the last two teams left too.

Camwi

Crying Rachel is far more entertaining than Positive Rachel. Hope they stick around for a while and she freaks out some more.

RS4-

I actually don't mind Brendon and Rachel anymore. This season feels completely different compared to their first time around.

Kinda like all the teams so far. Well maybe not Youtube.

RangersFan

Yay, the brat is gone. To his credit he didn't throw a hissy-fit upon elimination, though they were quite resigned to their fate the moment they missed standby on the flight.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh weird, I want to say this is the first time they recycled a task from an international version of The Amazing Race (Australia in this case). Usually it's the other way around.

I think it's been a while since a team was knocked out by a flight. 99% of the time, they arrive in the country after the location opens, which happened here as well, but they only arrived 4 hours before opening this time. At that point, assuming they did the math, I can see not taking the risky connection.

And maybe this is the first time I thought about this... but I wonder what happens if they go to a travel agent who refuses to be on camera? Are they still allowed to get their tickets there, or do they need to find somewhere else? Or do they get the tickets and just not show it or fake it?
I know that if a follow car breaks down or something happens to the crew, the team is "penalized" by being forced to wait for them to fix their problems, but I never thought about how all this stuff is cleared. Maybe they get clearances before the race even starts and direct people to the right agents/stores/hotels.

Oh weird, I want to say this is the first time they recycled a task from an international version of The Amazing Race (Australia in this case). Usually it's the other way around.

I think it's been a while since a team was knocked out by a flight. 99% of the time, they arrive in the country after the location opens, which happened here as well, but they only arrived 4 hours before opening this time. At that point, assuming they did the math, I can see not taking the risky connection.

And maybe this is the first time I thought about this... but I wonder what happens if they go to a travel agent who refuses to be on camera? Are they still allowed to get their tickets there, or do they need to find somewhere else? Or do they get the tickets and just not show it or fake it?
I know that if a follow car breaks down or something happens to the crew, the team is "penalized" by being forced to wait for them to fix their problems, but I never thought about how all this stuff is cleared. Maybe they get clearances before the race even starts and direct people to the right agents/stores/hotels.

They blur faces don't they?

Those Sri Lanka taxis are scary, I wonder how many traffic fatalities they have =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom