• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Race All-Stars Cast Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Brendon Villegas and Rachel Reilly (Brenchel)
  • Cord McCoy and Jet McCoy (The Cowboys)
  • Herbert “Flight Time” Lang and Nate “Big Easy” Lofton (The Globetrotters)
  • Joey Graceffa and Meghan Caramena (Team YouTube)
  • Leo Temory and Jamal Zadran (The Afghanimals)
  • Natalie Anderson and Nadiya Anderson (The Twinnies)
  • William “Bopper” Minton and Mark Jackson (Team Kentucky)
  • Dave O’Leary and Connor O’Leary (Father/Son cancer survivors)
  • Jennifer Wayne and Caroline Cutbirth(The Country Singers)
  • John Erck and Jessica Hoel (Engaged couple)
  • Margie O’Donnell and Luke Adams (Mother/Son team)

Premieres Sunday, Feb. 23 (8/7c) on CBS

Source: http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/news/1001845/

Cast Page
Meet the cast video

Looking forward to this season.

Press release:

It's the news we've all been waiting for! Find out who will be racing on the newest season of The Amazing Race. All of these teams are getting their second (for some, third!) chance to race again. Learn more below!

Cast Bios
Meet the Cast Video
Cast Photos

11 All-Star Teams Including The Globetrotters, The Cowboys, Brendon & Rachel and Dave & Connor Return For Another Chance at $1 Million

CBS announced today the 11 all-star teams returning for another sprint around the globe and the opportunity to win the $1 million dollar prize, on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

This season, which marks the 24th race around the world for the series, will feature some of the most memorable duos. Eleven all-star teams return for another chance to win THE AMAZING RACE, but in a dramatic twist one team will not make it to the starting line. The returning teams include fan favorites The Globetrotters, The Cowboys, Dave & Connor, Brendon & Rachel, and more.

Teams will be put to the test as they travel through four continents and nine countries, spanning more than 35,000 miles. The Race will take them on a mission high above the city in Guangzhou, China, rappelling down the roaring rapids of the Kiansom Waterfall in Malaysia, fighting with Gladiators in Rome, Italy and fueling up vehicles in Sri Lanka.

THE AMAZING RACE sends 11 teams on a trek around the world. Each Team is comprised of two people who have a pre-existing relationship with one another. At every destination, each Team competes in a series of challenges — some mental and some physical — and when the tasks have been completed, they learn their next destination. Teams who are farthest behind will gradually be eliminated as the contest progresses, with the first team to arrive at the final destination winning at least $1 million.

Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Elise Doganieri and Mark Vertullo are the executive producers for Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Earthview Inc. in association with ABC Studios and Amazing Race Productions. THE AMAZING RACE was created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri.

I thought the Afganimals were hilarious. The other teams kept shitting on them with U-Turms but they kept making it through. I was rooting for them but at least that stupid ex-couple didn't win.

My gf said that the cancer survivor father/son team was incredible. She said they would have won that season for sure if the father hadn't torn his Achilles tendon and been forced to leave the race.

I thought the Afganimals were hilarious. The other teams kept shitting on them with U-Turms but they kept making it through. I was rooting for them but at least that stupid ex-couple didn't win.

My gf said that the cancer survivor father/son team was incredible. She said they would have won that season for sure if the father hadn't torn his Achilles tendon and been forced to leave the race.

Yeah, the father/son team would have gone far if Dave didn't get hurt on the one leg. Definitely one of the teams I will be rooting for.

t-storm

Potential to be best season ever?

Love all the teams especially the Afghanimals... except for Rachel and Brendon, as well as Joey and Meghan.

Wtf @ these 2?

I don't already dread:
William “Bopper” Minton and Mark Jackson (Team Kentucky)
Jennifer Wayne and Caroline Cutbirth(The Country Singers)
Leo Temory and Jamal Zadran (The Afghanimals)

I wouldn't mind Dave/Conner if they didn't weep all the time again.

I expect John and Jessica to crash and burn again.

Don't really care about the teams that are racing for the THIRD time.

I guessssss it would at least end better than the First All-Stars season, so there's that?

Oh and I guess I don't hate Joey and Meghan.

I still don't get the Brenchel hate... I really enjoyed their play on Big Brother and Amazing Race.

Dave and Conner should do well. They really had a rough time with the dad having his Achilles's tendon rupture.

Twinnies? Well, they were great when they were working well together, but they got a rough when they fought with each other. If they can keep focused they can go far.

Afghanimals were awesome last season, and if it was not for the doctor's team being helped over them they could have made final three.

Mark and Bopper - Awesome!

I'm not happy about the Afghanimals or the YouTube team returning but I think I like the rest of the cast. The ones I loved the most were the Twinnies and the Kentucky team.

I just remembered the mess Brenchel was. It's going to be fun to watch Rachel fall apart.

I'm not happy about the Afghanimals or the YouTube team returning but I think I like the rest of the cast. The ones I loved the most were the Twinnies and the Kentucky team.

I just remembered the mess Brenchel was. It's going to be fun to watch Rachel fall apart.

I was surprised to see that team YouTube was back. I didn't think they were that popular for them to be asked back. Guess I was wrong. Lol

It always fun to watch Rachel fall apart. Lol

Balehead

Was hoping to see Tim and Marie or Max and Katie race again. Not very happy to see youtube cast again, especially Joey came off as a real tryhard.

Einbroch

Banned
Aw, I was hoping to see those brothers who were always joking around and ended up being eliminated in their bathing suits with stupid headgear. Loved those guys.

Camwi

• Brendon Villegas and Rachel Reilly (Brenchel)
  • Cord McCoy and Jet McCoy (The Cowboys)
  • Herbert “Flight Time” Lang and Nate “Big Easy” Lofton (The Globetrotters)
    [*]Joey Graceffa and Meghan Caramena (Team YouTube)
    [*]Leo Temory and Jamal Zadran (The Afghanimals)
    [*]Natalie Anderson and Nadiya Anderson (The Twinnies)
    [*]William “Bopper” Minton and Mark Jackson (Team Kentucky)
  • Dave O’Leary and Connor O’Leary (Father/Son cancer survivors)
  • Jennifer Wayne and Caroline Cutbirth(The Country Singers)
  • John Erck and Jessica Hoel (Engaged couple)
  • Margie O’Donnell and Luke Adams (Mother/Son team)

Holy shit, I might actually skip a season of this show. Those four alone are enough for me to want to blow my brains out.

bigmf

The scream sounding thing the Afghanimals did was horribly annoying. The shrillness of the Twinnies was awful too. I like a bunch of the others though.

Camwi

Ok, I can understand the other 3 teams but, you dont like Team Kentucky?

No. While they're not as annoying as the other three, they still annoy me with the non-stop "Hey, we're the wacky southerners" nonsense.

EDIT - On the flip side, there are a couple of teams that I do like. The cowboys are one of my favorite teams, and it'd be nice if they finally won. Plus I like Luke and Margie, the Globetrotters, and Team Cancer, and I would absolutely LOVE for Rachel to get to fourth place before getting the boot, since I laughed my ass off at her crying (that sounds mean).

Here are the teams I'll be rooting for:

The Cowboys
Team Kentucky
Father/Son cancer survivors
The Globetrotters
Mother/Son team(Margie and Luke)

And if all the teams above get eliminated, my backup team is:

The Country Singers

Lol

Jarrod38

Great to see the Cowboys back and along with father and son team. Shame CBS keeps bringing back Brendon and Catfish girl back.

addik

Rooting for Brenchel!

I hate the three-peaters. Do we really need more of the Cowboys blaming everyone else for their mistakes, or Globetrotters bullying racers? I thought Gary/Mallory should have been in if the producers really wanted three-peaters.

Note for the TAR fans here though: Legit spoilers are floating around the internet (courtesy of Sucks), including the full bootlist and the starting line "twist"

Wag

1324682-sonicsegaracingcast.jpg

Great cast! Lots of really likable teams.

Jet and Cord are awesome.
Mark and Bopper are amazing.
The Youtubers are hilarious (and the girl is cute)
Margie and Luke are great, hopefully no Snapple challenge for poor Luke this time.
Dave and Connor being back is great, was tragic as hell with his Dad tearing his ligaments to pull out of the race. Their 1st place finish after that caused me to almost shed a tear.
Team We lost with an Express pass is very lucky to have been brought back.
Globetrotters are funny, was sad they eliminated the Cowboys last time =/
Whiny girl being back should create some fun drama too (guess that's team Brenchel)

Going for the Globetrotters, Kentucky boys and the Indian twins. I HATED Rachel. She was the most whiny person I've ever seen. Hopefully she's gone quick.

Camwi

Great cast! Lots of really likable teams.

Jet and Cord are awesome.
Mark and Bopper are amazing.
The Youtubers are hilarious (and the girl is cute)
Margie and Luke are great, hopefully no Snapple challenge for poor Luke this time.
Dave and Connor being back is great, was tragic as hell with his Dad tearing his ligaments to pull out of the race. Their 1st place finish after that caused me to almost shed a tear.
Team We lost with an Express pass is very lucky to have been brought back.
Globetrotters are funny, was sad they eliminated the Cowboys last time =/
Whiny girl being back should create some fun drama too (guess that's team Brenchel)

Can you link me to one clip of a moment with them that you really found funny? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I'm sincerely curious as to what they did that you found hilarious.

UberTag

Can you link me to one clip of a moment with them that you really found funny? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I'm sincerely curious as to what they did that you found hilarious.
I found it hilarious back in Season 15 when Big Easy couldn't unscramble 4 letters to solve a 5-letter word and elected to take a 4-hour penalty instead.

Exactly how hard is it to write the following down on multiple pieces of paper and hand them in one-by-one?
He knew the word started with an F. He knew N or Z could not follow the F.
Even if he's an idiot and didn't know Franz was a name, he only had 12 possible combinations to put forward as guesses.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
what, no kent and vyxsin!?

also, HATE luke and the twinnies. oh, and the youtubers. should be a good season, lol

Why does it matter so much to you why I liked them? lol. It's probably more that I found the girl really cute. Why do you dislike them so much?

Camwi

I found it hilarious back in Season 15 when Big Easy couldn't unscramble 4 letters to solve a 5-letter word and elected to take a 4-hour penalty instead.

Exactly how hard is it to write the following down on multiple pieces of paper and hand them in one-by-one?
He knew the word started with an F. He knew N or Z could not follow the F.
Even if he's an idiot and didn't know Franz was a name, he only had 12 possible combinations to put forward as guesses.

I found that kind of depressing.

Why does it matter so much to you why I liked them? lol. It's probably more that I found the girl really cute. Why do you dislike them so much?

It doesn't matter much to me, I was just curious if I was missing something there.

I dislike them because I just find their personalities annoying. It's hard to explain. It's like they try way too hard to be funny without actually saying anything remotely funny.

Had no idea this was starting tonight, caught the west coast airing

Sucks for Mark :(

Thrilled that the twinnies are gone, so annoying

addik

Brenchel is gonna be the highlight of this show again

I'm so glad.

They were so amazing tonight. Despite being an hour behind because of their flight, they caught up with the team and are only minutes behind the Cowboys. Rachel might melt down a lot, but their team is actually really smart. Kudos to her for figuring out that the clues were in the even-numbered carousels and getting the clue on the first try.

The cast really sucks, I have to say. Aside from Brenchel, I am only rooting for Mallory, who should have raced with her dad since Mark is just whiny and humorless, while Mallory is trying her best to make things better for them. Editing was also weird but I loved the fact that they only showed much of Brenchel, Mark/Mallory, and the Cowboys and Twinnies (the latter two teams were obviously shown because of their placements). The Globetrotters got like less than a minute of showtime and I thank the editors a lot for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom