• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ads finally were removed from the Xbox 360 dashboard

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
tenor.gif

The reason not every 360 game works on Xbox one is because they are not running off the disk as all. They download a version with a new executable and the disc is just the key if you don't have the digital version.

Well, yeah because bc was an afterthought. Xbox One isn't build around bc and came first later in the generation. So I'm not wrong.

nush

Gold Member
Well, yeah because bc was an afterthought. Xbox One isn't build around bc and came first later in the generation. So I'm not wrong.

Yes you are because you must be saying if it was backwards compatible through hardware and not software then it would be 100%. It's a software solution.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Yes you are because you must be saying if it was backwards compatible through hardware and not software then it would be 100%. It's a software solution.

You just want to win whatever the cost, don't you?

BC is bc whether it's software or hardware. The reason it's software bc is because Xbox One wasn't build with bc in mind. Isn't that hard to understand.

sn0man

We're not even talking BC here. We can always buy an used console 20-30 years down the like but we won't be able to play the Wiiware exclusives, having to resort to emulation or even piracy for preservation.

It is naive to think Xbox or any other company will have forever BC, I'll believe it when I don't need an Xbox 360 to play most of my library because they're not even BC on XBO.

If Microsoft ever shuts off the Xbox one servers you won’t be able to register a new user and save games for that system. It requires online for initial setup and account creation. Hopefully Microsoft patches out that stuff.

nush

Gold Member
You just want to win whatever the cost, don't you?
You're projecting.

BC is bc whether it's software or hardware. The reason it's software bc is because Xbox One wasn't build with bc in mind. Isn't that hard to understand.

It was planned as a Day One feature, but then "Shit happened". It was always a software emulation solution.

bYb9Zrz.png

Source: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017...ssed-launch-because-of-always-online-debacle/

What your position is, is that IF it was a hardware solution from the drawing board then it would have been prefect, but a hardware solution was not cost effective or practical. I mean, you do remember the launch price of the Xbox One right? It's not an afterthought as you originally said.

Edit: 24 hours later The_Mike has been proven wrong and run off. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom