• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ACCC discontinued its review of the acquisition MS and ABK

Australia (ACCC) is done with the acquisition (was the most likely scenario):

16 Oct 2023After considering the status and outcomes of other international regulators' reviews and changes to the transaction structure, including related agreements with third parties, the ACCC discontinued its review of the acquisition and does not intend to take any further action.

Another chapter to close.

Happy with my home country regulator on this one with regard to gaming. They've been pretty good at ISP bullshit sales plans over the years too.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Happy with my home country regulator on this one with regard to gaming. They've been pretty good at ISP bullshit sales plans over the years too.
Have they? I still hear that you guys are getting ripped off on your internet plans compared to the rest of the world.

My-job-here-is-done-meme-2c8gqd.jpg

hlm666

Yea not really. I'm paying $95 per month for 50/10 (I think) fixed wireless NBN with Telstra and that's the best internet I can get where I live. Should be half that. We always get ripped off.
Same, except it used to be $70, seems to be going up 5 bucks every few months now for the past couple of years. Only got an email last week about the price going up to $100 on nov 1.

Same, except it used to be $70, seems to be going up 5 bucks every few months now for the past couple of years. Only got an email last week about the price going up to $100 on nov 1.
Well I just went and checked my email and sure enough I received the same notification last month which I somehow missed. Yea that is bullshit. Price goes up and nothing to show for it except Telstra being greedy cunts. Again.

Have they? I still hear that you guys are getting ripped off on your internet plans compared to the rest of the world.
Yes we are but it is more economies of scale sprinkled with some ripoff ISPs, we only have 26 million people in a country 75% as big as North America and only a few cities. ACCC have probably done about the best they could with the market conditions.

Edit: Our national broadband network (NBN) infrastructure rollout was a total debacle, blowing out from like $6Billlion to $50Billion and still pretty average.

Last edited:
NBN was meant to be fibre to every home. Then the liberals took government and downgraded it because it was going to be too expensive. Now we have fixed wireless 50/10 garbage at a cost higher than what was originally forecast.

Z O N E

Yea not really. I'm paying $95 per month for 50/10 (I think) fixed wireless NBN with Telstra and that's the best internet I can get where I live. Should be half that. We always get ripped off.

THAT MUCH for THAT SPEED?

I pay £25 per month in the UK for 1GB/1GB. I could get 3GB/3GB speeds for £75 per month or 10GB/10GB if I really wanted, but that's overkill.

Top Bottom