• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2017 NBA Draft |OT| Trust The Process

cdyhybrid

So fill me in on why I should be excited for the other three picks the Lakers got.

You might be able to trade them for someone that could help you compete when Lebron gets old and the Warriors split up in five years or so.

Edit:

9ChQNew.png

Ahahahahahaha. Good call. Goofy looking mofo.

To be fair, Lauri does the Borat impression on purpose.

Draft is all about opportunities and where you land. There were several teams where Markkanen would have been a good fit but the Bulls are not one of them. Front office is clueless and they have no direction. How many point guards/combo guards do they have after this trade? Like seven? Young promising players need stability. The Bulls are a circus.

I just woke up and saw the Bulls abomination...I kinda like it. That's what they need. To be godawful. Even the Wade contract is great as it doesn't allow them to get better by some miraculous signings. The negative press is great too, maybe it allows for some changes. I have no idea about the draftees potential so I won't go there but Lavine is one of those players who can probably amass quite some stats (and highlights) in a shitty team as a number one option and gain some trade value in the process. The roster is pure garbage and so this will take some time. Hopefully they understand that there's almost nothing in there to salvage.

I never liked Butler. Dude seems to have personality issues, he plays a very dissonant game from today's style and this idea that he is a fantastic wing defender might be something people remember when he scored 5 points a game (or maybe it was just a Thibs thing). He is a very efficient scorer though and will help Wolves get a lot of wins on those close games they had. Still, Rubio can't shoot to save his life, Butler can't shoot the three and Wiggins is also a very average shooter. This seems like a huge issue they will have to address.

Rmagnus

Banned
I just woke up and saw the Bulls abomination...I kinda like it. That's what they need. To be godawful. Even the Wade contract is great as it doesn't allow them to get better by some miraculous signings. The negative press is great too, maybe it allows for some changes. I have no idea about the draftees potential so I won't go there but Lavine is one of those players who can probably amass quite some stats (and highlights) in a shitty team as a number one option and gain some trade value in the process. The roster is pure garbage and so this will take some time. Hopefully they understand that there's almost nothing in there to salvage.

I never liked Butler. Dude seems to have personality issues, he plays a very dissonant game from today's style and this idea that he is a fantastic wing defender might be something people remember when he scored 5 points a game (or maybe it was just a Thibs thing). He is a very efficient scorer though and will help Wolves get a lot of wins on those close games they had. Still, Rubio can't shoot to save his life, Butler can't shoot the three and Wiggins is also a very average shooter. This seems like a huge issue they will have to address.

Would you say prime rose carried the bulls further than butler? The fact that he and Wade called out the other players made me realize he really thinks he is better than he is.

Would you say prime rose carried the bulls further than butler? The fact that he and Wade called out the other players made me realize he really thinks he is better than he is.

Undoubtedly.

A Bulls team led by Jimmy Butler wasn't able to get in the playoffs in the East playing next to Pau/One Knee Rose/Gibson/Mirotic.

This year they got there miraculously in the last few games, then Rondo went down in the playoffs, Butler got the ball even more in those 4 games and had the achievement of having two games with 0 assists and shot the three at 26% in the series (15% in those 4 games).

xfactor99

If you squint a little you can defend the Butler trade, selling the number 38 pick for cash when you are rebuilding is undefensible though.

If you squint a little you can defend the Butler trade, selling the number 38 pick for cash when you are rebuilding is undefensible though.

the only reason I can think of is............DWade is getting bought out

thank god, now he can join LeBron in that fragile body for the MLE

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
As a Bulls fan, the trade was very underwhelming. They got a guy coming off a bad rookie year, a guy coming off a major injury, and used their pick on a big white guy. Hopefully Gar-Pax are finally getting fired soon.

As a Bulls fan, the trade was very underwhelming. They got a guy coming off a bad rookie year, a guy coming off a major injury, and used their pick on a big white guy. Hopefully Gar-Pax are finally getting fired soon.

So you think they took a worse offer than what they had in line? Nobody was going to overpay for Butler and Bulls were going nowhere with him. They are taking a gamble on a point guard who got no playing time last year. And they hope the white guy will make it easier for the pg to run pick and rolls with his shooting.

No point delaying the rebuild. Now let Rondo go and let the last year's lottery pick run the point and see what he has.

Top Bottom