• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That's it, Sony is making a MGS game with Kojima

kretos

Banned

Klz68q0.gif

too many MGS references to be just a coincidence, i'm basically waiting for Sony to announce the game any day now probably in the next event, might be the rumored remake we keep hearing about

1- music is too similar to MGS games, i'm sure i heard it before or something very similar but can't remember the track

2- 0:39 the warehouse is similar to MGS and a camera shot from above like in MGS

Screenshot_6.png

3- 1:11 the mouse and air vent another reference to MGS

Metal-Gear-Solid-large-21.jpg

4- 1:34 oranges as on the MGS oranges box

THEBOX.jpg

5- and finally and iconic MGS box at 1:40

maxresdefault.jpg

Kojima you magnificent bastard

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Klz68q0.gif

too many MGS references to be just a coincidence, i'm basically waiting for Sony to announce the game any day now probably in the next event, might be the rumored remake we keep hearing about

1- music is too similar to MGS games, i'm sure i heard it before or something very similar but can't remember the track

2- 0:39 the warehouse is similar to MGS and a camera shot from above like in MGS

Screenshot_6.png

THEBOX.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

metal gear 90s GIF

It's happening!

6- I hope not. He tried for years to get away from the series and I'd much rather he did his own thing rather than going back to do something he doesn;t want to do. He'll know full well that people have been talking about the heavily rumoured MGS projects and this is exactly his sort of joke. He can play people just as well as he plays games, if not better.

EDMIX

Klz68q0.gif

Screenshot_6.png

THEBOX.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I felt this years ago and felt like Death Stranding was like MGSV's first trailer where it was literally another game. I felt like "oh maybe its the Sorrow and he has powers and this person is in his world" lol So many things point to MGS, that I feel like they were in the middle of buying the IP and something happened lol

So after beating Death Stranding, its clear it isn't really MGS, but I feel can fit in the universe of MGS if they just state he is actually a young "Sorrow" before he meets The Joy and he is stuck in some dream world.

I'm sure it was RedGamingTech who (indirectly) leaked that Bluepoint Games along with Mark Cerny were remaking the orignal MGS game, he claims that the source who told him also told him about Demon's Souls Remake months before it was officially announced. He's usually PC/Xbox oriented so I take his leaks a bit more seriousely than others.

It would also line up with all these weird references or whatever lol

Urban

The thing is. It could be already the remake and they just use the assets from the mainchar from DS.

There is no way that he uses this just to troll us. no way man

DrAspirino

Banned
Seems people here has forgotten that Metal Gear Solid is a KONAMI IP, NOT KOJIMA'S, and since Kojima was fired badly from Konami, there is no way in hell they'd agree to do another MGS with him.

You can like (or love) Sony studios and/or Kojima Productions all you want, but having Kojima do another MGS is like asking Microsoft studios to do the next Zelda: simply impossible.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
I think it's the opposite. Those obvious references to MGS are there to tell us Sam is not playing the same way (he ultimately put the box back on it's shelve).

dukeoflegs

I thought his comments before the video were more interesting. He talked about 9/11 which had him change events in MGS2. COVID kept people inside similar to Death Stranding. Then he talked about aliens... isn't the US government suppose to release some UFO crap this month?
Anyways I really liked the call back to the oranges. Keep on keeping on Kojima.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
There's no denying that there are references to MGS in that trailer. He must be doing it for some reason. Either to troll or something MGS like is going to happen.
People seem to forget Kojima himself said he wasn't fond of remakes but he did wanted to Remake MGS and if he was to do it it would be a full Remake which would expand the game beyond the original and he believed he would have had a hard time getting Konami to fund the project. but that was 6 years ago
And Kojima is full of it when he says he doesn't want to make another, because in reality it's him that can't let go.

Kokoloko85

Kojima has wanted to get away from MGS since MGS2. He was finally free to make something new once he left Konami.

He's not going back to it.
Yeah but he could be just assisting or giving tips to Bluepoint or another studio for a MGS remake.
I doubt he would be fully onboard or even needed for a remake

kyoji

yea i think hes working on another ps project along with the directors cut and quite possibly bluepoint is handling a possible remake. Still with my grain of salt from the initial rumors, but the box and other clues definitively mean something, if it wasnt in production else where theres no need to even bring it up in this fashion in a trailer for death stranding. He could have just shown more relative stuff as it pertains to directors cut.

CitizenZ

Banned
There was a MGS released some years ago was hyped, over hyped, reviewed well, won some GOTY participation trophies and has been completely forgotten. I never understood this mentality of hanging on to the past.

Last edited:

KiNeMz

Banned
It also played the PSStudios logo. So KojiPro is official 2nd party?

Im sorry but this is a way to obvious metal gear reference. But I also think Konami would never let him release such obvious references of MGS without some sort of aggreement.

interesting indeed.

yurinka

I think it only means it's the typical PS5 version of the game but he added some small MGS-like extra content (warehouses where you have to stealth to get some collectables) and features (maybe stuff like the boxes) in the Director's Cut.

The fact that he tries to fit in the box, then (something I think means he'll try to do something different) tries to put it down, doesn't work for him and rejects it, maybe means that Kojima rejected MGS/is not working on it/on the supposed remake.

The box (which I assume represents MGS) also says 'handled with love' (when they were making it) but some dead hands are holding it (dead = Konami or the MGS IP), and has the Fragile logo with some lighting shapes as if fragile thing is broken (MGS was fragile and now is broken/dead). Again, it may mean MGS is dead -at least for him- or that even if he loved MGS now he won't work on it beause Konami owns it. So he moves on and does another thing (Death Stranding etc).

But hey,

517axEMuXRL._AC_.jpg

*puts on tin foil hat*

Edit: the door to enter the "Metal Gear part" of the game has a giant "blue point"/circle, the PS youtube channel is also a Blue circle/point... does it mean Bluepoint is making the MGS remake?

image.png

Btw, what does Sam have in his back... a painting canvas? Is that a Netherlands flag? (note: I didn't finish the game)
image.png

It also played the PSStudios logo. So KojiPro is official 2nd party?
Death Stranding already was a game published by PS Studios (so a 2nd party one) and Sony IP, even if they allowed him to release it on PC with other publisher. So this Death Stranding Director's Cut is also a 2nd party game/dlc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom