• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That's it, Sony is making a MGS game with Kojima

nekrik

Klz68q0.gif

too many MGS references to be just a coincidence, i'm basically waiting for Sony to announce the game any day now probably in the next event, might be the rumored remake we keep hearing about

1- music is too similar to MGS games, i'm sure i heard it before or something very similar but can't remember the track

2- 0:39 the warehouse is similar to MGS and a camera shot from above like in MGS

Screenshot_6.png

3- 1:11 the mouse and air vent another reference to MGS

Metal-Gear-Solid-large-21.jpg

4- 1:34 oranges as on the MGS oranges box

THEBOX.jpg

5- and finally and iconic MGS box at 1:40

maxresdefault.jpg

Kojima you magnificent bastard

It gives me exactly the same feeling as enetring the shadow moses facilities for the first time! It's definitely MGS remake bt Kojima productions !

DelireMan7

I just replayed Metal Gear Solid 1 and now playing 2 and the trailer was so MGS. It made me really curious.

Might be a teasing but with Kojima, could be a troll too xD.

Wait and see.

Note to self : I still have to play Death Stranding before Elden Ring is released preferably.

KiNeMz

Banned
The main question is why put this in a Death Stranding video. Why? He is trying to sell the Death Stranding Directors cut. But the whole video is Metal gear in a Death Stranding skin. I just cant make sense of this.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
The main question is why put this in a Death Stranding video. Why? He is trying to sell the Death Stranding Directors cut. But the whole video is Metal gear in a Death Stranding skin. I just cant make sense of this.
Kojima is and always has been a tease and a showman.

The whole point of this trailer is to remind people of MGS, and there's no way that's not intentional. This is the first time since his departure at Konami that he has so directly referenced MGS.

Something is brewing for sure.

Majukun

seems to me just like a bonus mission in the director's cut where kojima is having fun referencing his past series

the chances of konami and kojima working together again is pretty slim

DelireMan7

Orange inverted color is?
gH2q7If.png

Why inverted? Because the way he uses the box.
Same shade of blue as Blue point? It was rumored that they were working on something else besids Demon's Souls.
Can someone invert the colors of the trailer? Maybe there are more clues?
The box:

CDEO3Tm.png

The fox hound logo:
9BLuUBi.png

You're welcome. :messenger_sunglasses:
Man ! Incredible. You got me hyped. Even if I don't think, he can "announce" a remake from another studio.

'Handled with love' - Past tense

'Puts box back on the shelf' - Shelfing that aspect of his career

It's a final goodbye to MGS, nice and subtle.
I side more with this theory. But I would be more than happy to be wrong.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Blupoint maybe, not kojima.

Bluepoint working with Kojima overseeing the project, which is no different than How Bluepoint did SHadow of the Colossus, and Demons Souls. They worked with Japan studio, and executive producers/directors who worked on those projects.

This would be no different. The fact his studio is literally across the street from Sony is too good to not have some kind of good working relationship on projects regardless if it's his game or another studios.

Roufianos

I'm sure we'll see something MGS related at some point, either from Sony or MS, but I doubt Kojima will be involved. Probably just trolling or giving a nod.

begotten

The new content for the directors' cut is an MGSV simulator. Think the VR missions in the earlier games. That's what the totally obvious easter eggs are indicating.

LostDonkey

I can't find the Square, unless it's the box itself, but the writing has the Triangle, Circle and Cross buttons on the cardboard box as well to add to the tin foilness.

my bet is on this.

I also doubt he would even want to do another MGS
He could always not making it directly, but only coordinate works on it by guiding another studio

I see nothing wrong or impossible in it, is an easy work for Hideo and maybe even funny, plus he could get big money by Sony as a supervisor

Last edited:

K1Expwy

death-stranding-oranges-1623349410309.jpg

The Japanese word for "orange" is "mikan" (ミカン)

"Mikan" can also mean "incomplete" or "unfinished" (未完)

Probably just a coincidence

Sybrix

At this point I think the best we can hope for are remakes…… but who knows, The Best Is Yet To Come

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It's inevitable at this point. We all know it like we did know Demon's Souls remake. Mgs 5 is an unfinished-rushed game, we need at least a director's cut for it, if we can't have a Mgs 6. That camera angle and references points to a MGS 1 remake though.

MastaKiiLA

I'm going to unpack the visual metaphor of the box:

- Kojima is Norman Reedus (sorry, never played DS).
- The box is MGS.
- The 9 oranges represent the 9 full MGS games Kojima has directed (including Twin Snakes).
- He looks at the box in its normal top-down position, and decides he doesn't want to do the same thing again.
- He flips the box over, and sees if he can try making MGS a different way. He decides that he can't.
- He puts the box back on the shelf, for someone else to handle with love.
- BLUEPOINT BITCHES!!!

Yeah, terrible, but I tried. Seems like more than a troll to me, but I'm just hoping for next-gen MGS. Given how BP did DS, that level of remastering to possibly the entire MGS collection would be nothing short of epic. Remastering just a single one of the games would be awesome, but would only create thirst for more. An MGS Collection Remastered could sell like gangbusters, and should be compelling enough to let Konami hand over the reigns, knowing that they get a delicious slice of the profits. They can keep the IP, just let someone trustworthy handle the development costs, while you take a rip on the returns. Sony could do it wit expectations of just breaking even, because it would sell systems.

Keihart

The MGS references were anything but subtile OP, it was Kojima's top trolling trailer.
He knows that people still cry about wanting more MGS.

DelireMan7

The Tweet from Bluepoint wasn't a troll that make reference to every rumoured remake they were working on at that time? (Syphon filter, Castlevania Symphony of the night, Metal Gear Solid, Demon 's Souls, Legend of Dragoon, Silent Hill...)

The "not one but two" line could tease two remakes.

Javthusiast

Banned
It's a nod to fans, a cheeky troll and him literally shelving mgs for good by putting the box back on the shelf. Don't read too much into it.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
The Tweet from Bluepoint wasn't a troll that make reference to every rumoured remake they were working on at that time? (Syphon filter, Castlevania Symphony of the night, Metal Gear Solid, Demon 's Souls, Legend of Dragoon, Silent Hill...)

The "not one but two" line could tease two remakes.
The thing with that tweet is that based on what they've done so far, it's totally believable. Bluepoint has a love affair with bringing back old games. They've had a nearly exclusive relationship with PlayStation. They know what people want. One of the studio heads outright stated that he would love to do a remake of The Legend of Dragoon. Konami really can't do anything with Metal Gear Solid anymore now that the brain behind it is gone. That much was obvious with Metal Gear Survive. So their best course of action is remakes or remasters that keep the core experience intact. Bluepoint has become known for this. We've had a number of rumors already. Sony is working on a MGS movie and now Kojima makes a ton of MGS references while promoting a game owned by PlayStation. I can totally see Bluepoint remaking Metal Gear Solid for PS5 with Kojima being brought in to oversee the project.

DelireMan7

The thing with that tweet is that based on what they've done so far, it's totally believable. Bluepoint has a love affair with bringing back old games. They've had a nearly exclusive relationship with PlayStation. They know what people want. One of the studio heads outright stated that he would love to do a remake of The Legend of Dragoon. Konami really can't do anything with Metal Gear Solid anymore now that the brain behind it is gone. That much was obvious with Metal Gear Survive. So their best course of action is remakes or remasters that keep the core experience intact. Bluepoint has become known for this. We've had a number of rumors already. Sony is working on a MGS movie and now Kojima makes a ton of MGS references while promoting a game owned by PlayStation. I can totally see Bluepoint remaking Metal Gear Solid for PS5 with Kojima being brought in to oversee the project.
I fully agree with you. I was just speaking about this tweet being kind of a troll.

But yes it's highly possible that they are working or plan to do a MGS remake.

I would be more than happy with that :)

yurinka

So Jimbo is no longer mad at Kojima? lol
That was just FUD and fake news, like the next Kojima project being a MS game, the next Kojima project being a Stadia game, Kojima working on Silent Hill, etc. All lies.

Jimbo never has been mad with Kojima. They gave him full creative freedom, the engine, a ton of money, allowed him to release it on PC, the game and the PC port were profitable, got great reviews and some awards and now they will publish this Director's cut. Both Kojima and Jimbo must be very happy with each other.

Last edited:
Top Bottom