• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thank you Neogaf, Microsoft, Capcom and Square

CitizenZ

Banned
If there is one thing consistent with these conferences every yr it's that they will provide nothing of value when it comes to a new experience. Nothing.

If you are a big lore buff then I suggest games like Final Fantasy (although they can get convoluted at times) mass effect, tlou etc...

Just because we're in 2022 doesn't really mean lore and storyline is everything man. Some games are just made to be played and have fun.

I love fortnite, it has some lore moments but it's nothing grand and just a fun pvp game.

Lore in RE is good enough for me.
Resident Evil sure seems to be more serious about the lore but it's just a big cluster fuck.

Final Fantasy games are all disconnected from one another generally. A much better example would be the Trails series, which has got to be one of the most epic and longest ongoing story lines in video on history. I'm actually very impressed they've gone 15 plus years with the same ongoing story.

Mass Effect is actually one of the better lore games out there. In fact it's probably my favorite video game science fiction series along with Star Control.
If you are a big lore buff then I suggest games like Final Fantasy (although they can get convoluted at times) mass effect, tlou etc...

Just because we're in 2022 doesn't really mean lore and storyline is everything man. Some games are just made to be played and have fun.

I love fortnite, it has some lore moments but it's nothing grand and just a fun pvp game.

Lore in RE is good enough for me.
Final Fantasy games are generally disconnected from one another. There are exceptions like the remake of seven.

They do seem to be serious about the Resident Evil War but it's such a cluster fuck.

Mass Effect is actually one of the best games out there as far as the setting and lore.

The Trails games are probably one of the best examples. This Series has been going on for 15 plus years with the same ongoing story. I'm extremely impressed by that.

My phone is acting really wonky. I didn't mean to quote you twice. I thought I lost the first post and then I realized it just showed up here. LOL.

Last edited:
Resident Evil sure seems to be more serious about the lore but it's just a big cluster fuck.

Final Fantasy games are all disconnected from one another generally. A much better example would be the Trails series, which has got to be one of the most epic and longest ongoing story lines in video on history. I'm actually very impressed they've gone 15 plus years with the same ongoing story.

Mass Effect is actually one of the better lore games out there. In fact it's probably my favorite video game science fiction series along with Star Control.

Final Fantasy games are generally disconnected from one another. There are exceptions like the remake of seven.

They do seem to be serious about the Resident Evil War but it's such a cluster fuck.

Mass Effect is actually one of the best games out there as far as the setting and lore.

The Trails games are probably one of the best examples. This Series has been going on for 15 plus years with the same ongoing story. I'm extremely impressed by that.

My phone is acting really wonky. I didn't mean to quote you twice. I thought I lost the first post and then I realized it just showed up here. LOL.
I think you posted and quoted me twice. I never played the trails series. Yeah most of FF games are disconnected FF13 does have 2 additional sequels tho.

I think you posted and quoted me twice. I never played the trails series. Yeah most of FF games are disconnected FF13 does have 2 additional sequels tho.
Yeah I did quote you twice because of my stupid phone acting weird. The first time I quoted you I thought I had lost that post and then I had to repost. My apologies.

MikeM

Crazy how the PS5 is the only place to play all those..except Starfield. I still feel PS5 +PC is the way to go this gen
damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I think this fake E3 showed us a lot exciting games coming over the next 12 months and beyond.

It was fun to watch the various showcases with everybody here on GAF. Looking forward to watching the non-fake LIVE E3 conferences with all you weirdos a year from now.

Kagey K

Banned
I think this fake E3 showed us a lot exciting games coming over the next 12 months and beyond.

It was fun to watch the various showcases with everybody here on GAF. Looking forward to watching the non-fake LIVE E3 conferences with all you weirdos a year from now.
Maybe you haven't got the memo yet,

But we are all crashing on your couch next year when E3 is back in full effect.

Hope you have room for a few hundred people for a weekend.

:messenger_grinning_squinting:

ANIMAL1975

For saving this utter fake E3 show.

Resident Evil 4 Remake
Dragons Dogma 2
Street Fighter 6
Resident Evil Village DLC
Final Fantasy 16
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Rebirth

Oh and thanks Xbox for the amazing Diablo 4 showing and Starfield.

Thanks @EviLore for this awesome forum and the times. And hugs and kisses to my ignored members. I love you too. Gaming is in a good place now and I am a happy gamer. Cheers.
And funck you Sony new marketing department, it has been a ride......

BlackTron

See I don't like that excuse nowadays. These aren't Atari 2600 games anymore. A lot of these games rely heavily on storyline and lore so I expect something to make at least some kind of sense.

The end results can be hit or miss, but if there's not this certain brand of ridiculous campiness baked into it, it's not really Resident Evil. So in the best RE game I can possibly imagine, the script/synopsis would probably read more like Kung Fury than Final Fantasy lol.

As for the show, to me it's all very samey. Games we've played before and sequels in inevitable franchises. Not like these are all duds, but no bombshells surely. Starfield while not seeming like a bad game, isn't likely to be the megaton exclusive it was hyped up to be. Hasn't anyone noticed who is making the game???

Hugare

Didnt check Gaf on the weekend

Woke up today with Dragons Dogma 2, FF VII Remake Part II and Crisis Core Remake

Capcom was the MVP this year.

Dragons Dogma 2, new DLC for RE VIII, free upgrades for RE II, III and VII, SF VI, RE 4 Remake ...

Next year will be crazy

Last edited:
The end results can be hit or miss, but if there's not this certain brand of ridiculous campiness baked into it, it's not really Resident Evil. So in the best RE game I can possibly imagine, the script/synopsis would probably read more like Kung Fury than Final Fantasy lol.

As for the show, to me it's all very samey. Games we've played before and sequels in inevitable franchises. Not like these are all duds, but no bombshells surely. Starfield while not seeming like a bad game, isn't likely to be the megaton exclusive it was hyped up to be. Hasn't anyone noticed who is making the game???
Yeah, Bethesda. Creators of Elder Scrolls. Skyrim is regarded as one of the best if not the best RPG games of all times. So your point? How can you say Starfield is bad without playing? Some people's expectations need a reality check.

Generic

It's just post-irony nonsense. It's 'le funny', but at the same it tries to be emotional and dramatic.

Top Bottom